Can't take off no fly zone, how do I unlock?
151303 90 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

BigDenver Posted at 2018-8-13 13:37
This!  The whole reason we have these flight restrictions forced upon us now is because a few individuals couldn't follow the rules.  I am as anti-big-brother as it gets, but the whole UAV enthusiasts community is generally viewed as a bunch of trouble makers.  The news loves to sensationalize accidents and idiots, the latter of which seems to be in endless supply.  Until we all get better at changing that opinion, more rules will be forced upon us.  Fly responsibly and teach others how to enjoy this hobby safely and correctly.  That will go much further than complaining about it on a message board that only we read.

I agree with the meat of your post, but your first statement is not quite correct as I read it.  In this case, the restricted flight area that the OP complains about and in that DJI restricts the flight of - that 30 NM radius FAA restricted area pertains to all aircraft.  It's not just drones.  It's called a "TFR." That's short for "Temporary Flight Restriction."  All aircraft flying in the NAS must abide by it.  It's on the sectional chart and it's on airmap.  And it's on DJI's geo map.  DJI's launch restriction is accurate in this case, even if the UAS or model pilot doesn't recognize it as a legitimate restriction.  So, I don't see a real problem if DJI wants to stop me from flying in a place where flying is strictly prohibited by law.  

Thanks for posting.
2018-8-13
Use props
fans38fdaff9
New
Flight distance : 189072 ft
United States

I made this mini tutorial. I hope that can help

mrheviadrones.com/blog/fly-the-drone-on-restricted-area
2018-9-6
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_Cyclone2390 Posted at 2018-2-28 04:40
This is the best news I have read on this forum.  Someone needs to stop this Police State mentality that DJI are inflicting on unsuspecting purchasers.  We bought these drones in good faith, yet after purchase, without consultation with us (legal owners), DJI have decided to alter our right to operate said drone against the original conditions of purchase.  This must surely violate consumer laws and our rights as consumers.  If not, then we are at the mercy of all manufacturers and vendors.  Imagine your car not starting when you are ready to go to work, because Ford etc decided to GEO Fence you away from the park next door.  Example only, but it could happen if this technology is left unchecked.  What if your vehicle is an Ambulance, and you need to apply 72 hours in advance to attend casualties at the nearby airport?  Well that would be just wonderful.

Imagine if Ford or Chevy prevented your car from starting if it was parked in Washington DC. That's what geofencing is. Why are drone owners putting up with this?
2018-9-6
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

I live in Maryland right outside of Washington DC. I live right at the edge of the 15 mile red zone around the city. I can't even fly my Spark in my house. I bought this drone for fun and also to look at my roof and chimney. I am not a terrorist this total BS not being able to fly my drone around my house inside or outside. There are 150 foot trees around my house so its not like I am going to get in the way of aircraft.
2018-12-9
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

All aircraft flying in the NAS must abide by it
yes aircraft that has the capability to reach sensitive buildings, I have basically have a toy that can only fly for 13 minutes that I can't even fly inside my house.
2018-12-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Frunobulax Posted at 12-9 05:44
I live in Maryland right outside of Washington DC. I live right at the edge of the 15 mile red zone around the city. I can't even fly my Spark in my house. I bought this drone for fun and also to look at my roof and chimney. I am not a terrorist this total BS not being able to fly my drone around my house inside or outside. There are 150 foot trees around my house so its not like I am going to get in the way of aircraft.

Yeah I'm in Maryland too - 19.5 miles from the White House.  Here's how to solve your problem.  

Take a little drive a few miles to get outside of the DC FRZ.  Find some nice grass somewhere that's flat.  Set the Spark down on the grass.  Start up your system outside of the DC FRZ.  Allow it to acquire a homepoint so it knows you're in an unrestricted area.  When you can see everything is good and you can fly, shut it down.  Go home.  Keep the Spark turned off.  Place a few layers of copper foil over the top of your Spark where the GPS antenna is located.  This will block the GPS signals and allow you to fly in your house.  Attach the prop guards.  Start it up inside your house.  Fly inside your house.  Be careful because you'll be in ATTI mode.  

Good luck.  
2018-12-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autel stock is rising fast.
2018-12-10
Use props
P4PNorVa
lvl.2
United States

Anything that can be programmed in, can be circumvented.......google is your friend.
2018-12-13
Use props
fans0921baa2
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue and after answering a few questions and taking full "responsibility" I was given restricted altitude permission to take off. This permission lasts 24 hours.
2019-2-19
Use props
Officer Pace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13406 ft

United States

Towlie Posted at 2017-11-20 07:10
I'm buying a new house which is located within 5 miles of Denver International Airport although it's near the edge of that boundary.  All I wanted to do was to take my drone no more than 50 feet in the air to inspect the roof but DJI's baby sitting service made my drone no more than a brick.  Meanwhile there are huge flocks of geese flying at around 400 feet above me in the air.  This isn't right what DJI is doing to its customers.  There needs to be some sort of recourse we should be able to take against this company.  They continually cripple the product we bought and we don't have any say in it.

You need to realize that this isnt something DJI is doing to consumers. This is regulations that DJI has to meet so that they are compliant with the FAA. Look into what you are legally allowed to do with a drone under Federal Law. I would suggst looking at Part 107.
2019-5-22
Use props
Spark105
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291604 ft
Australia

Hotrawd Posted at 2017-7-7 17:46
So I live about a mile from a hospital which puts me at the edge of a yellow zone. I started having this 50 foot restriction proplem. I noticed it first when at north Myrtle beach. Some point after I had started recording, it started limiting my height and distance. Wasn't able to get out over the water at all. I thought it was because I was at the edge of the ocean. Now that I am back home, I cannot even make it to the edge of my three acre property. DJI says right on the app that this authorization can be turned off by registered users but doesn't tell you how. Can anyone tell me how to remove the latest update? Otherwise, if I am going to be restricted to flying around at a distance less than what my Syma plastic toy can do, I will be selling this overpriced paperweight. (P4P+)

Check out NLD  No Limit Drones   It doesn't cost a lot and if your handy on the computer you will be able to fix your problem.
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules