Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

I'd like to ask you who have a S900 and A3, how you have placed the flight controller, "inside" under the top plate between the XT plugs, or on top of the aircraft with the GPS off-center?

In DJI's S1000 instructional video they place the FC inside under the top plate, but on most photos I've seen on builds the A3 is placed on top. Is there a reason for this? Have there been issues with interference from the power plugs if the A3 is too close (placed inside)?

Best regards
2017-5-19
Use props
TaylorPilot
lvl.1

United States

I would like some clarification on this to.  Another issue I am having is the length of the included ESC cables.  They are too short to connect to the FC in the position that the video has them on a S900.
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TaylorPilot Posted at 2017-6-27 20:26
I would like some clarification on this to.  Another issue I am having is the length of the included ESC cables.  They are too short to connect to the FC in the position that the video has them on a S900.

Could you send a picture of where you're trying to install it on the aircraft?
2017-6-28
Use props
TaylorPilot
lvl.1

United States

I ended up figuring it out.  I mounted it on the cover plate, but mounted it a little forward, so the ESC cables would reach.  Now I am having trouble getting the A3 to connect to my laptop.  I downloaded the latest version of Assistant 2 (V 1.1.2).  When I connect the USB, it gives the windows USB chime and says it is installing, but in device manager it has a yellow exclamation mark, and says the driver needs updating.  I cannot find an individual driver.  I have installed and uninstalled it several times, using different cables, and different ports.  Still, No Joy.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TaylorPilot Posted at 2017-6-28 20:19
I ended up figuring it out.  I mounted it on the cover plate, but mounted it a little forward, so the ESC cables would reach.  Now I am having trouble getting the A3 to connect to my laptop.  I downloaded the latest version of Assistant 2 (V 1.1.2).  When I connect the USB, it gives the windows USB chime and says it is installing, but in device manager it has a yellow exclamation mark, and says the driver needs updating.  I cannot find an individual driver.  I have installed and uninstalled it several times, using different cables, and different ports.  Still, No Joy.

Are you using a Mac or a PC? Have you checked to see if you have a firewall that's keeping it from downloading properly? Not all domestic firewalls like overseas software.
2017-6-29
Use props
TaylorPilot
lvl.1

United States

The problem was I was using 8.1.  Plugged it into a windows 10 machine, and it fired right up.

One more questions (hopefully)....I am doing the sensor placement.  The x and y are easy, I am just finding a cross section, and assuming that is 0,0 with north being split between m1 and m2.  How do I calculate z.  Is it from the top plate, the bottom PCB plate, or is it the plastic cover that screws on top to cover the terminals that the motor wires connect to?
2017-6-29
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

My original post ended up with no replies to my question. I mounted the A3 on top, with the GPS in the front. It worked well, albeit not as cleanly mounted as it would have been mounting the A3 inside. But I saw a post somewhere (I don't remember where, it might've been another forum), that the A3 can be quite warm, so it would better mounting it on top due to better cooling.
2017-6-30
Use props
TaylorPilot
lvl.1

United States

Here is how I ended up setting mine up.

20170628_212630 Resize.jpg
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules