Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P not writing images to memory card
655 3 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt218
lvl.1
Australia

I own a P4P and it has a habit of not actually writing photos to the memory card. I can't remember it always doing this and seems to be occurring since a firmware update. As a railway photographer I've missed a number of critical images now as a result and I'm at my wits end. You just never know if it's going to let you down or not. Yes I've tried multiple memory cards. Anyone else have these problems too?

Can someone from DJI please advise if this is a known fault please?
2017-5-19
Use props
Deutschmann Eck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3481880 ft
Germany

Same problem here, only half of the image are on the memories card.
2017-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That sounds unusual.
I winder what's really happening.
The first thing that comes to mind is that you had focus issues and thought you were taking a pic but the camera won't let you until it has focussed properly.
This results in you squeezing the trigger but nothing happening.
When you take a shot, do you have the sound up so you get the audible indication that you've taken a pic?
Or watch the animation around the screen shutter button to show it is writing the pic?
2017-5-19
Use props
Matt218
lvl.1
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-19 23:34
That sounds unusual.
I winder what's really happening.
The first thing that comes to mind is that you had focus issues and thought you were taking a pic but the camera won't let you until it has focussed properly.

Its very intermittent, however usually the very first images I try and shoot after launching it will fail to write.

I always touch the screen or half press the controller shutter to focus before taking the image so this is not the issue.

I had a thought that it may be the shutter on the back of the controller more than the shutter in the app....so I tried that this afternoon with no props on the table and the shutter on the controller failed to write the images to the card whereas the shutter on the screen within the app worked every time. Possibly the fault is the shutter on the controller?
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules