Filmora video editing/color grading tips
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452835 ft
United States

Does anyone use Filmora for their video editing. I'm having trouble with color grading. I have filmed a bunch of videos in D-Cinelike and I use a ND8-pl filter and I try to color grade them and they always seems to be off. It's never that crytal clear pop of color or video you would expect. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm just learning this whole color grading and editing deal so it's quite possible I'm just messing it up. Just curious if anyone else has used it and has any tips for doing it correctly. Here is a video I'm trying to do for real estate and you can see it's just not quite right. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  
2017-5-19
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I use Filmora.  Your video looks very natural to me.  Remember, you are selling the home, not the video.  

Chuck
2017-5-20
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452835 ft
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2017-5-20 08:50
I use Filmora.  Your video looks very natural to me.  Remember, you are selling the home, not the video.  

Chuck

I appreciate that. I do understand I'm selling the home, I guess I'm just a perfectionist and want everything I do to be right. To me it just isn't popping the way it should, just doesn't look crystal clear. I think I might have figured out my problem. I was shooting at a f8, I did some test footage today changing settings and keeping notes and I found if I go to a f5 and not in d-cinelike am able to get a really sharp and clear video. I'll keep experimenting and see what I come up with
2017-5-20
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

14jnewmy14 Posted at 2017-5-20 14:29
I appreciate that. I do understand I'm selling the home, I guess I'm just a perfectionist and want everything I do to be right. To me it just isn't popping the way it should, just doesn't look crystal clear. I think I might have figured out my problem. I was shooting at a f8, I did some test footage today changing settings and keeping notes and I found if I go to a f5 and not in d-cinelike am able to get a really sharp and clear video. I'll keep experimenting and see what I come up with

I found out that it isn't always the camera or the settings.  It was the external monitor that was causing the off color.  My videos look much better on my laptop monitor.  The colors being more natural not saturated.   Keep experimenting.  That's what I do.  I'm still learning as well.
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules