Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dee3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476 ft
Germany

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-7-4 06:27
I see quite a lot of mixing of issues in this thread;

1. Manufacturers may be required by law to adhere to certain requirements in order for their products to be legally sold and used in a country.

I used to work in the IT and electronics business.
All of us know about wifi internet connections and the devices sending out those invisible waves.

Different countries allow different signal power. But not only the output power at the device is important, antenna cable between the access point and the antenna reduce the power of the signal arriving at the antenna. Some antennas again can amplify the signal power because their beam sends the signal a small angle. So there is a lot of calculation involved and you sometimes have to alter the settings in the firmware based on your calculations to get the maximum which is legal in your country in your specific setup.

You are NOT forced by the manufacturer to setting which apply in your country. You can override or chose different countries with higher output, but you are fully responsible for what you do. If the authoritires check your settings and find out you have setup more than the allowed output level you will be fined. (at least her ein Germany we have this law)

It makes sense because if every user of a wifi access point would use 5 watts of power isntead of 500mW none of the users who comply to the rules would be able to work with their 500mW power due to the signal power of those who do not care.

This system works well for many years because no manufacturer has to fix the output power when he sells his hardware to specific countries. If someone does not want to follow the law he can buy afterburners which will amplify the power of even limited access points but of course that is against the law.

We do not need build in restrictions into our drones, we need responsible drone owners.
2017-7-4
Use props
ffaxdavid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840433 ft
United Kingdom

Today i had to have my 3rd update in space of a week, this time pre empted by a small compulsory test to show i know certain rules like where can fly, how far have to be etc...damn annoying when uses up battery to update each time so stops me flying instead having to access internet wherever are to update it-if they want to give such pointless tests do it when register the thing,not when we trying use it grrr
2018-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ffaxdavid Posted at 2018-1-13 08:19
Today i had to have my 3rd update in space of a week, this time pre empted by a small compulsory test to show i know certain rules like where can fly, how far have to be etc...damn annoying when uses up battery to update each time so stops me flying instead having to access internet wherever are to update it-if they want to give such pointless tests do it when register the thing,not when we trying use it grrr

You could have deferred, and lived to fight another day.
2018-1-13
Use props
ffaxdavid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840433 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-13 08:49
You could have deferred, and lived to fight another day.

said on test i could only ignore 4 times,rather get it over n done with lol-besides, rather accept while am at home rather than get it when middle of nowhere and no internet then find it wont let me take off
2018-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ffaxdavid Posted at 2018-1-13 09:05
said on test i could only ignore 4 times,rather get it over n done with lol-besides, rather accept while am at home rather than get it when middle of nowhere and no internet then find it wont let me take off

This is what you said so presumed you were going flying.

damn annoying when uses up battery to update each time so stops me flying instead having to access internet wherever are to update
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules