Total Black Out
1230 11 2015-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

Has anyone experienced a complete black out on their screen as they're flying?  It happened once while range testing in an open area, about 900ft away, 150 ft altitude.  Figured it was just the distance, maybe some interference.  Happened again at about 60ft out and 50ft up.  Still had GPS and full instruments, just a momentary loss of video.  
2015-3-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

How many times it happened?
No "No Signal" warning at the bar?
If not, reboot the device then try again, might be a device problem.
2015-3-10
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Ensure you have adjust the antennas at its optimal position.  You may also try to manually select a transmission channel from the DJI Pilot app to try to resolve this issue.
2015-3-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I've had it happen two times.  None with the current iOS version. I just had to restart the tablet.
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

My  camera calibrated on start up last week and then black screened. I restarted the bird and everything came back online nornal.
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-10 19:05
How many times it happened?
No "No Signal" warning at the bar?
If not, reboot the device then try ag ...

Happened twice in the same flight.  The "No Signal" bar was present.  
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antenna orientation is important, they need to be perpendicular to the ground.  Also interference can be a factor.  What OS are you using and what device?  Have you tried to connect an HDMI monitor to see if this is still occurring?  Does this occur in other locations?  
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

When my screen went black I lost everything on the screen. No battery bar, elevation, map it was almost like the screen was turned off. I could however close the app and the tablet was functioning normal but I don't recommend trying that mid flight  as I'm not to sure what your bird would do in air.
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-11 00:42
Antenna orientation is important, they need to be perpendicular to the ground.  Also interference ca ...

Using Apple, Ipad Air 2.  So far this is the only instance and only at this particular location.  The weather hasn't been ideal to fly so I haven't been able to fly to see if it happens again.
Antenna's were in the correct orientation and were always facing the direction of the quad.No, I have not connected another device through HDMI as of yet.
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

Looking at some other posts, it could be a bad connection between the camera and gimble.
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-3-11 03:35
Looking at some other posts, it could be a bad connection between the camera and gimble.

It could have been.  You can check the small pins on the top of the gimbal and make sure that they are in alignment.  Try another location and see if it happens there.
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-11 04:25
It could have been.  You can check the small pins on the top of the gimbal and make sure that they ...

Will do.
Thanks everyone.
2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules