Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Phantom 3 not charging blinking green/red
41240 20 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7a9ce6ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371 ft
Austria

Hi everybody,

when I try to charge the battery, the first green LED and the red LED (on the on-off-button) on the battery are blinking every two three seconds and nothing is happening. The battery won`t charge.

I tried to find something that explains this blinking, no chance so far. Any help is appreciated

2017-5-20
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Try this: Turn the battery on first (you wouldn't normally have to do this), then plug in the charger, wait
2017-5-20
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

As other guy says ... Switch ON Battery ... Plug in charger and LEAVE it ...

Example - if battery entered hibernation ... RED blinks ... and it takes about 5 minutes before c harge starts ..

Nigel
2017-5-21
Use props
fans7a9ce6ed
lvl.1
Austria

Thanks for the hints. When I do this, it first looks like the batery is charging - red light on, first green LED is blinking.

But after a few minutes, this happens: red light is on, first green LED is blinking three times, everything is off for three seconds, then again red light is on, first green LED is blinking three times, everything is off for three seconds - and so on. Looks likt the battery wants to tell me something - but what?
2017-5-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Did you switch on Battery .... connect to charger and leave for significant period .... lets say for 15 - 20mins as example to see if battery wakes up ?

Checking the manual - it says if the SECOND GREEN LED is blinking 3x sequence - then there is a short in the battery ... a fault.

But you say its the FIRST GREEN LED ?

Nigel
2017-5-22
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

RE: Battery Phantom 3 blinking lights

chart for Phantom 3 battery
If you only have the one led flashing, it will take quite a bit of time to charge, leave it hooked up.

Capture.JPG
2017-5-22
Use props
fans7a9ce6ed
lvl.1
Austria

Thanks again. I left the battery on the charger for more than an hour - no effect. I contacted DJI, they did not even go into the different signals of the battery, just said I shall send it in.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans7a9ce6ed Posted at 2017-5-22 21:08
Thanks again. I left the battery on the charger for more than an hour - no effect. I contacted DJI, they did not even go into the different signals of the battery, just said I shall send it in.

It will most likely be the best course of action, but do you happen to have a short video of the issue?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans7a9ce6ed
lvl.1
Austria

Problem solved - or rather: different problem discovered: I bought a second battery, it ws half charged (two green LEDs), I connected it to the charger to fully charge it - and here we go: Same problem comes up after a few minutes. The red light on the battery is on, first green LED is blinking three times, everything is off for three seconds, then again red light is on, first green LED is blinking three times, everything is off for three seconds - and so on.

The problemis obviously not the battery, but the charger. So I`ll go and buy a new charger tomorrow, we`ll see what happens.

As for the DJI-support-hotline: Thanks for nothing, DJI!!
2017-5-23
Use props
fans7a9ce6ed
lvl.1
Austria

I just hope the broken charger did not ruin my two batteries!
2017-5-24
Use props
fans730fbe2d
New

United States

Any luck with the new charger?? Pulled my Phantom 3 out of the closet after being in there for awhile... was really wanting to put it in the air but ran in to this exact problem. I came across this post while looking around for solutions...
2020-7-12
Use props
Tirola
lvl.1
Austria

Yes, the new charger worked. But in your case I think it might be the battery. If it was in there for a while, it might have discharged completely - and if it lies there with no charge for a while the battery is ruined
2020-7-12
Use props
fansd3f2d3f3
lvl.1

Australia

Hey guys after some help with my phantom 3 standard battery, I’d anyone still active here?
2021-1-9
Use props
fansd3f2d3f3
lvl.1

Australia

Hi I’m after some help with my phantom 3 battery, is anyone still active on here?
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_ytdBlsTuliRC
New

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-5-22 09:31
chart for Phantom 3 battery
If you only have the one led flashing, it will take quite a bit of time to charge, leave it hooked up.[Image]

Thanks for the blink code pic for capacity.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_ytdBlsTuliRC
New

United States

fansd3f2d3f3 Posted at 1-10 01:04
Hi I’m after some help with my phantom 3 battery, is anyone still active on here?

I am new on here. Check out the blink code capacity chart. Mine just started blinking LED 1 quickly. I hadn't realized it had drained this far. Low Battery indication on the DJI GO app (Phantom-3-standard), initiated auto-land sequence. Motors shut down and I saw batteries were in the yellow on GO, I started them up again, but it wouldn't launched. So I shut it down again. I let the battery, which showed 1 LED charge, cool to the touch. About 1/2 an hour. Put it on the charger and did green led 1 as continuous rapid flash. I tried turning battery on and connected it to the charger, got same thing. Tried battery on and held button while plugging on the charger. Same response. Am letting it go for 30 minutes, to see if it kicks into charging normally.
2021-3-29
Use props
Klaaz
lvl.1

Netherlands

fans7a9ce6ed Posted at 2017-5-21 09:18
Thanks for the hints. When I do this, it first looks like the batery is charging - red light on, first green LED is blinking.

But after a few minutes, this happens: red light is on, first green LED is blinking three times, everything is off for three seconds, then again red light is on, first green LED is blinking three times, everything is off for three seconds - and so on. Looks likt the battery wants to tell me something - but what?

Hello,

I have exact the same issue with my Phantom 3SE, after pressing two times (turn battery on), I connect the charger en the loading begins; red light on, first green blinking.
After minutes the first light blinks 3 times and the red one time. This repeats constant.
No charge, leave it for the night, no result.
Who nows how to solve this?
2021-4-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_ytdBlsTuliRC Posted at 3-29 09:32
I am new on here. Check out the blink code capacity chart. Mine just started blinking LED 1 quickly. I hadn't realized it had drained this far. Low Battery indication on the DJI GO app (Phantom-3-standard), initiated auto-land sequence. Motors shut down and I saw batteries were in the yellow on GO, I started them up again, but it wouldn't launched. So I shut it down again. I let the battery, which showed 1 LED charge, cool to the touch. About 1/2 an hour. Put it on the charger and did green led 1 as continuous rapid flash. I tried turning battery on and connected it to the charger, got same thing. Tried battery on and held button while plugging on the charger. Same response. Am letting it go for 30 minutes, to see if it kicks into charging normally.

When your battery is below 25% and you go about charging it, you will get the LED 1 blinking quickly.  That's exactly what it's supposed to do.  Eventually it'll move on to a solid green with LED 2 blinking quickly.  Etc.  Good luck
2021-4-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Klaaz Posted at 4-1 21:15
Hello,

I have exact the same issue with my Phantom 3SE, after pressing two times (turn battery on), I connect the charger en the loading begins; red light on, first green blinking.

If you attempted to charge it all night long and it is still showing only one blinking lamp, it's probably past the point of being saved.  It's a good idea to keep your battery in the 40%-50% range at all times unless you're about to fly.  The voltage will naturally drop with time, so you must check it every so often such as every week or two just to keep an eye on it so that you know it's within storage limits.  If it gets a little low, charge it for ten minutes.  Good luck
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_z51Ukw8YDEWp
lvl.1

Australia

Hi I’m new. I have the same issue trying to charge a battery. I have checked the voltage of the charger and it is ok, but when I set up a circuit with the battery and test for current, I’m getting nothing. Doesn’t matter if I have the battery turned on and in circuit, or off and in circuit. Zero current. I wish I had access to a charger I knew was ok.

I just went out to the garage and set the charger up with a bulb in the circuit, to test for current, Charger is fine.
I would suggest that the previous owner of this drone did not store the batteries correctly when he crashed it on its first flight and that they are shot. Pity.

Are the non-genuine batteries any good or should I just get myself another DJI battery? I need some new blades as well so that I have a spare set as they were put on the drone after the other guy flew it into a wall.
Thanks everone.
Michael.
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_z51Ukw8YDEWp
lvl.1

Australia

Well an update. I may have 'saved' my batteries. One had the blinking green LED1 with a red on/off LED which after the flashes of LED1, you get a solid LED1 then off. The second battery would show nothing.

I got the cases apart and removed the internals. I then unplugged the cable from the lower board. Don't waste your time unplugging it from the upper board and then attaching the charger to the large red and black joints in the upper board. This will not work to get your battery back.
Once you have unplugged the cable, you then need to remove the yellow (on my batteries) insulation that has been put on the large red and black solder joints on the lower board. I then cut up a paperclip and soldered pieces of it to each wire solder joint. This was not the easiest as I a =m fairly sure they are using a higher than normal temp solder on their batteries. I eventually got the paperclip wires to stay on the batteries.
I then made up wires that came from the charger spades to alligator clips. I joined the charger to the battery via these wires. Make sure you get the polarity correct. I also attached a multimeter at the battery end to monitor the voltage reading. on top of all of this, I attached the wires while the battery pack was sitting oa a large piece of aluminium to act as a heat sink. I also constantly checked the batery temperature via my hand. On top of this, I would also turn the charger off occassionally to see what voltage each batery pack would hold. The worst I got was a 0.2 volt drop. If a battery was shot, it would not hold its voltage. Everything stayed within the temp range that I could hold on to the batteries quite comfortabley. I eventually stopped after getting both batteries to show 17.2 volts. This took several goes. It did not work after the first time for each battery. Maybe due to these batteries being about 3 years old.
After that, I reattached the cable to the lower board. I left the pieces of paperclip attached to the solder joints in case I had to go through the process again.
Here is the result.

Based on that, I removed the pieces of paperclip. I have to wait for the silicon that I used to reinsulate the battery wires to the bottom board to cure. In moving the top board around to gain access to things, there are two small black wires that end in what I presume is a thermocouple of some description. On one battery, this came out. Not an issue. Just reinsert the thermocouple into a space beside the batteries and some silicon on that as well to hold it in place.
Once I recase the batteries tomorrow, I will try them in the drone and see what results I get. Won't be trying to fly. Just sitting on the ground to see what happens when trying to go through power up routines.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules