840 2 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Hi,

Tried updating my firmware and hit some snags.
The DJI download page seems to indicate P4P+ firmware only (Not clear if thats the same as the non plus version?)
So I tried updating via the app and it askes me for a cable that joins my phone to the aircraft. I can't find this cable, so looking for a firmware via microSD soluton and directions.

Can anyone hep out with the firmware location, and directions for installation via microSD please?
Would love to get this out the way tonight.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 10.02.49 am.png
2017-5-20
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe the only way to update the P4, P4P, and P4P+  Aircraft is via a mini USB cable connected to the UAS and your computer using the DJI Assistant software OR connecting your smart device to the P4 and doing it through the DJI Go 4 app.  The P4P+ RC is updated via the sd card, but I don't think they have come up with new update yet.

I do not believe there is a way to do it via a SD card/software download for the P4 series Aircraft.

Your Phantom should have come with a micro USB cable for connection to your computer and a USB OTG adapter so you can use your smart device cable to connect to the Phantom.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck!
2017-5-21
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-21 08:15
I believe the only way to update the P4, P4P, and P4P+  Aircraft is via a mini USB cable connected to the UAS and your computer using the DJI Assistant software OR connecting your smart device to the P4 and doing it through the DJI Go 4 app.  The P4P+ RC is updated via the sd card, but I don't think they have come up with new update yet.

I do not believe there is a way to do it via a SD card/software download for the P4 series Aircraft.

Thanks. I have lost the USB OTG adapter so will go down the PC path.
I have a P3 which always updated via micro SD so that probably threw me.
Cheers.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules