DJI refresh care for mavic pro
1172 10 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd6b8dd8c
lvl.1
United States

Let me start off by stating that i have given DJI a lot of my patience, understanding and time dealing with my replacement case for my mavic pro. In early April this year i returned my drone for service from and auto land in a lake that i had to recover. After making my case number and sending it away it took over one week to be received and another week to be opened and inspected, I followed all of DJI's instructions for the return and included by proof of DJI CARE REFRESH with the drone, including my remote controller and battery. Almost a week later and hours on the customer service wait line i receive a bill for around $880, and telling me this isnt covered under warranty. After multiple phone calls it seemed DJI's solution was to email other departments and pass the buck on to someone else. Finally i insisted on speaking to a supervisor. I was on the phone for over an hour before i actually got to speak with him. During this time he insured me that the issue would be corrected and i would recieve and invoice the was for $79 dollars and receive a replacement. Thus came a few days later and i paid via paypal immediately seeing they have had the drone at this point for almost a month. Another week went by, each step in the automated DJI MYCASE stating " this may take 1-2 business days please be patient" making the time to ship way longer then anticipated. I had to call them again for an update which again they assured me a new replacement drone. So now we are at over a month and a week and i receive the replacement drone. I open the box and immediately begin to get upset, the drone and controller are wrapped up together in the same piece of bubble wrap touching each other, the gimbal protector and bubble sheild is off the drone, there are stratches on the front of the drone and about 6 or seven loose screws in the wrapping and on the bottom of the box. I get the drone home and try to start it up and notice one propeller is not spinning during start up, after inspecting it i see ONE OF THOSE LOOSE SCREWS INSIDE THE MOTOR! I carefully remove the screw with tweasers and try again to start it up and it doesnt work, i have a ESC status error. So i have this so-called new drone that is broken and scratched.

I can tell you that from day one DJI's customer service has been a complete nightmare, not only our the automatic emails and updates innaccurate and genaric, there are decitful. The DJI customer service is unorganized and only communicates to other departments by email. No one can give you a direct answer and every issue takes days or weeks to resolve.

The drone is a wonderful product and in my opinion is worth the money, but for such a high price point the customer service is a joke and is seriously behind the eightball.
Im asssuming agian i will be waiting way too long to have my issue fixed and more countless hours of MY time on the phone and stress. I bought the refrsh plan to have a sense of peace and ease, and it has done the exact opposite! Get a grip DJI and make this right!
CAS-570236-S6N0N7
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we totally understand how frustrating it must be, sincerely sorry to have kept you waiting to receive the drone back, unfortunately, it does not perform properly as expected.
Your case has been reported to the local appropriate department, will look into it and contact you for an update soon.
Thank you again for bringing this top our attention, we listen to all the feedback from social media and learn from the experience, will work hard to improve our service and quality assessment.
2017-5-21
Use props
Collin L
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the reply. i  need a replacement quick, i leave for vacation this Thursday and planned to use it. PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT.
2017-5-21
Use props
Sjatty05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294613 ft
United States

Collin L Posted at 2017-5-21 05:14
Thank you for the reply. i  need a replacement quick, i leave for vacation this Thursday and planned to use it. PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT.

I went through something similar only with DJI Care.  I sent my Phantom 4 in for repair of a problem with obstacle avoidance.  It wasn't beyond repair, but there was no attempt to repair it.  When I received the broken drone back from repair (it was registered to someone else), I was told to send it back and it would be addressed immediately.  It wasn't.  The second replacement took longer than the first.  

DJI Care says on their website that if your drone is beyond repair, and you have sufficient coverage, you will be given a brand new drone.  That is not how it works.  They refurbish drones and send those outs.  You are going to get a refurbished Mavic, not a new one.  

I have spent more time dealing with customer service than I have flying my drone.  I finally got my second refurbished one back.  It seems to be flying, but all of this has taken a lot of enthusiasm out of the hobby.  
2017-5-21
Use props
Collin L
lvl.1
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-21 08:46
I went through something similar only with DJI Care.  I sent my Phantom 4 in for repair of a problem with obstacle avoidance.  It wasn't beyond repair, but there was no attempt to repair it.  When I received the broken drone back from repair (it was registered to someone else), I was told to send it back and it would be addressed immediately.  It wasn't.  The second replacement took longer than the first.  

DJI Care says on their website that if your drone is beyond repair, and you have sufficient coverage, you will be given a brand new drone.  That is not how it works.  They refurbish drones and send those outs.  You are going to get a refurbished Mavic, not a new one.  

Thanks for the heads up. Im going to let them try to make this right and do it in a timely manner even though i don't expect it. If they can't get this straight and with a quickness  I will be filing a BBB complaint, and doing everything in my power to spread the word through every social media platform there is. I am not someone to be taken advantage of.  It be in their best interest to please me and keep me quiet.  Ill spend everyday on this forum and many others.. Ive taken pictures of the damage, the box and all the extra little screws in the box that were flying all around from California to Florida. I mean seriously DJI.. take some pride in your work.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-21 08:46

We're sorry for your experience, after you reported the case to us, we're working very hard to help you get it sorted out as soon as possible so you could get it back to fly.
Hope you have great time on flying!
For the notification you mentioned on our website, it says "a brand new aircraft will be provided if the covered unit is damaged beyond repair." We checked your case, the drone was repaired under DJI Care service for the first time you sent it in.
Besides, please do not spam here, thanks for your support!
C.png

2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Collin L Posted at 2017-5-21 14:55
Thanks for the heads up. Im going to let them try to make this right and do it in a timely manner even though i don't expect it. If they can't get this straight and with a quickness  I will be filing a BBB complaint, and doing everything in my power to spread the word through every social media platform there is. I am not someone to be taken advantage of.  It be in their best interest to please me and keep me quiet.  Ill spend everyday on this forum and many others.. Ive taken pictures of the damage, the box and all the extra little screws in the box that were flying all around from California to Florida. I mean seriously DJI.. take some pride in your work.

Collin, we'd love to try our best to help you, since you need the drone for vacation on this Thursday, we cannot guarantee you could get it back before that day, we'll keep following up your case and resolve it shortly.
2017-5-21
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

Hi there,

Similar issue here. I used DJI Care Refresh and was supposed to get a shipment notification within 1 working business day. That was May 15th. CAS-622562-F3F2G0

I use my Mavic Pro to shoot professional video for million dollar + projects. That said, the turn around time on getting repairs is such that I am looking into having my company buy another. I have been using the P3 in the interim, but prefer the portability of the Mavic Pro.

2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FrankTheTankk Posted at 2017-5-22 14:58
Hi there,

Similar issue here. I used DJI Care Refresh and was supposed to get a shipment notification within 1 working business day. That was May 15th. CAS-622562-F3F2G0

We checked your case, the quality assessment was performed on 18th, it will be shipped out soon, we'll also keep an eye on its process, hope you would receive it shortly and enjoy flying!
2017-5-22
Use props
FrankTheTankk
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-22 18:00
We checked your case, the quality assessment was performed on 18th, it will be shipped out soon, we'll also keep an eye on its process, hope you would receive it shortly and enjoy flying!

Thanks Natalia.

I think the confusion is that I received an email back on May 15 stating my repair had been completed and my new unit would ship within 3 business days.

Then, on May 18th, I received an email stating my Mavic Pro had been tested and would ship out within two business days.

I'm not sure why I am receiving two contradictory emails, but going to give it a few more days.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FrankTheTankk Posted at 2017-5-22 20:56
Thanks Natalia.

I think the confusion is that I received an email back on May 15 stating my repair had been completed and my new unit would ship within 3 business days.

Thanks for the details, I've reported your concern to the our designated team, will make it more clear.
We're working hard now to get everything sorted out so you and all others can get the drones back as soon as possible.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules