834 8 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisTh
New
Flight distance : 23163 ft
Denmark

Hi,

I need to fly alongside a straight road and film objets with changing speeds. Start and end points and height can be known in advance.

Therefore it would be best with "manual" flying along a predefined line in 3D space. Meaning that the speed along the predefined course plus the yaw/elevation of the camera should be controlled manually. Making adjustments across the line, for wind and inaccurate GPS readings would also be good.

As far as I can see Course lock does this except height needs to be controlled manually also.

Which approach would the "flight veterans" here recommend for such a task?

Thanks in advance
2017-5-21
Use props
fans275586d4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2828077 ft
New Zealand

GS pro is ideal for what you want to do I think. Try it!
2017-5-21
Use props
DennisTh
New
Denmark

Thanks for the suggestion. However it seems that GS Pro is not available in my countries App Store. Also I cannot find any mention anywhere that the waypoints can be flown "manually"?
2017-5-21
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I think course lock is what you have to work with. Don't know of anything that can automate the task height/yaw/speed dynamically. You could experiment with tracking and maybe tapfly. But in all you need to manually adjust things along the flight path. I haven't looked into GS Pro much but I suspect you set a flight path in beforehand but I suspect you need to do manually task there as well as I assume the height and speed would vary while shooting.
2017-5-21
Use props
DennisTh
New
Denmark

Håkan K Posted at 2017-5-21 04:17
I think course lock is what you have to work with. Don't know of anything that can automate the task height/yaw/speed dynamically. You could experiment with tracking and maybe tapfly. But in all you need to manually adjust things along the flight path. I haven't looked into GS Pro much but I suspect you set a flight path in beforehand but I suspect you need to do manually task there as well as I assume the height and speed would vary while shooting.

Thanks. I have tried these (as well as Autopilot etc.).

I will keep testing the different modes, and I found the GS Pro App now also.

If anybody else have any good ideas, don't hesitate to reply to this thread
2017-5-21
Use props
DennisTh
New
Denmark

For reference, it turns out that DJI GS Pro does exactly what I wan't. I can fly waypoints "manually", even though the app could perhaps use a few usability improvements and additional functions
2017-5-21
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I had no clue it could :-) Will try it out too.
2017-5-21
Use props
fansc29f0729
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121880 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Why not to try other app (like Litchi)?
2017-5-22
Use props
Danielfonseca64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18114 ft
United States

I think the tapfly is a great feature on the Phantom 4 for straight shots!
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules