New to flying, Block Island video
1254 7 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

I just got my first drone (Mavic) less than a week ago.  I love this thing!  Such a blast!

I'm an amature photographer and video is really new to me.  I haven't ventured into color correction/grading etc.  Just trying to get some basics down to start.

So far, I'm having a lot of fun with a new creative outlet giving me (quite literally) a new perspective on things.

2017-5-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Very nice, great video!
2017-5-21
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

Indeed it is. Good job!
2017-5-21
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Great subject and nice colors.  Did you do any color grading or just straight from the camera settings?
I also noticed some flair like artifacts on the lower left corner.  It may have just been a natural sun flair, or did you have the gimbal cover on or a sun hood?
Nice first video.......
2017-5-21
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
United States

Thanks all!  this was all SOC, no adjustments.  I haven't quite figured that out yet.  I did use AE lock in several of the shots to ensure consistent exposure.  I very rarely use that with my SLR, but when shooting video where you transition from one scene to another it seems very needful.

I'm using VideoPad Video Editor, but just downloaded HitFilm Express.  Once I settle on one, I'll start working on color grading, etc.
2017-5-21
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Yes, the mavic pro is a great thing. Thank you for sharing this nice video.
2017-7-10
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

Out of curiosity, is this the only spot on block you flew?
I ask because I was there a few weeks ago and tried launching from a few different areas (not this one though) and they were all NFZ and I couldn't launch. I assume due to so close to the airport.
2017-7-11
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
United States

Vtcats Posted at 2017-7-11 02:16
Out of curiosity, is this the only spot on block you flew?
I ask because I was there a few weeks ago and tried launching from a few different areas (not this one though) and they were all NFZ and I couldn't launch. I assume due to so close to the airport.

sorry for the late reply:

Yes, basically the whole island is a NFZ.  So you have to go here:  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

and unlock the NFZ.  You are also supposed to call the airport to notify, which I did (and was told I might well have been the first person to ever actually do that).
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules