8478 51 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans509b5d56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122759 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

My goggles arrived earlier, and, so far, I could not be more disappointed.  First impressions, quite heavy, and, when they are flipped up, quite precarious.  That's probably due to my head shape.  They just do not feel "connected".  When I tighten the headstrap, it pulls the bottom of the goggles away from my face quite a bit so light can stream in.  Also, I was quite surprised that the focal distance is very close.  I do not wear glasses except for reading, so was not expecting to wear glasses with the goggles on.  I've had Fat Sharks in the past, and also own an Oculus Rift, neither requiring glasses, as they focus to infinity.  With no glasses, these goggles are a blurry mess.

The main problem, however, is they will not acivate.  I've been able to browse menus only.  It asks me to sync with the Mavic, and tells me it's successful.  It then asks me to take off, and activate the goggles from my mobile device.  No options appear on my phone at all.  If I just click to confirm it searches for a few seconds, and then tells me that the connection has failed, and I have to go through the linking process again.  Tried it 4 times now, and nothing.  The instruction book is scant, to say the least, and I have no idea where the problem lies.
2017-5-22
Use props
fans509b5d56
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Currently trying to activate them via Assistant 2.  The "Activating" progress dial is just whirling around forever
2017-5-22
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

fans509b5d56 Posted at 2017-5-22 05:30
Currently trying to activate them via Assistant 2.  The "Activating" progress dial is just whirling around forever

Any luck friend?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans509b5d56
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Finally managed to activate it via Assistant 2.  Just need to decide whether or not to go buy some more reading glasses that are happy with the very short focal distance, or just bang it on eBay.  Really don't know why they couldn't have allowed focal adjustment, and not just IPD.
2017-5-22
Use props
fansa31537f9
New
Flight distance : 709134 ft
United Kingdom

Same here. Goggles will not activate. DJI support was rubbish.
2017-5-22
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

You have to try activate the DJI Goggles with the Assistant 2
2017-5-22
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-5-22 11:36

Here are the steps I took:

Turned on the goggles. It prompted me to link them to my Mavic.
Turned on the Mavic and pressed the linking button. They Linked up.
Then goggles prompted me to activate so I chose mobile device.
With the Mavic still on I turned on the Mavic remote with phone plugged.  On the Mavic home screen it showed a message that the goggles were successfully activated.That was it.

2017-5-22
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Everyone else's screen 100% clear? Grrr mine has a bit of black debris towards the top left upper screen. Don't know if I should raise my concern/return?
2017-5-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

There is no moderator for the Goggles section. Notice how it is blank. I thought it was weird noone has chimed in from DJI. This is a new section.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-5-22 16:05
There is no moderator for the Goggles section. Notice how it is blank. I thought it was weird noone has chimed in from DJI. This is a new section.

It's actually blank on all sections. The moderator indicator has been broken for a bit now. Already reported to devs.

If there are any issues, customers may find more luck in the Service section rather than in the discussion section.
2017-5-22
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just received my Goggles. Tried them for 2 mins. Looks like they are going back. The focal range is so close that everything is a blur unless I wear reading glasses. As someone else said, the likes of the Oculus have an infinite focus so no glasses necessary.

These are completely different. £500 down the drain unless I sell them or return to DJI.
2017-5-24
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2017-5-24 10:22
I've just received my Goggles. Tried them for 2 mins. Looks like they are going back. The focal range is so close that everything is a blur unless I wear reading glasses. As someone else said, the likes of the Oculus have an infinite focus so no glasses necessary.

These are completely different. £500 down the drain unless I sell them or return to DJI.

ah but the Oculus rifts look like crap even when focused ,LOL . A $6 pair of reading glasses puts them in perfect focus .
2017-5-24
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I disagree that the Rift looks crap. However, I digress. Every other quality headset I've used from Sony HMZ gens 1, 2 and 3 to the Oculus all had infinite focus, keeping the eyes relaxed. I know a pair of reading glasses would fix the issue, but I don't need reading glasses for everyday life, using my phone etc. I suspect this issue is from a cost/space saving perspective and it is very disappointing. A bunch of folk will have to carry round glasses to use the Goggles? That is pretty poor.
2017-5-24
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
United States

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2017-5-24 13:14
I disagree that the Rift looks crap. However, I digress. Every other quality headset I've used from Sony HMZ gens 1, 2 and 3 to the Oculus all had infinite focus, keeping the eyes relaxed. I know a pair of reading glasses would fix the issue, but I don't need reading glasses for everyday life, using my phone etc. I suspect this issue is from a cost/space saving perspective and it is very disappointing. A bunch of folk will have to carry round glasses to use the Goggles? That is pretty poor.

I can't stand that screen door effect on the Rifts .
If you don't need glasses to read or clearly see your cell phone when held close then there may be another issue if you need them with the Dji goggles . I do need them to see clearly but my 27 year old daughter put them on and said they were perfectly clear .
2017-5-24
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My set isn't defective. It is a sign that I need reading glasses. However DJI made a decision to have the focal range too close unlike every other headset manufacturer I've tried, alas.
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just got mine activated by pushing the button on the mavic located next  to the SD Card and then it said connected. I am also having the same problem with seeing blurred images. even if I wear my glasses. I might end up returning them. Will give it another try tomorrow.
2017-5-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2017-5-24 15:25
My set isn't defective. It is a sign that I need reading glasses. However DJI made a decision to have the focal range too close unlike every other headset manufacturer I've tried, alas.

They've done an incredible job with the focal range by giving it curvature like a Samsung curved 4k TV (their 1080 curved has more curvature).  Physics dictate the focal range.  Otherwise no matter what, the screen would appear the same size since you've got to keep moving it farther & farther back as you go bigger.  This is why you buy a certain size TV and place it at a relative viewing distance.

I do not use reading glasses, but I know I'm due.  I'm using mid-range glasses with these (I borrowed them) and it makes the picture perfect.  Reading glasses gave me screen door, especially with HDMI.  I'm glad I do not have to wear glasses, as the bridge of my nose with those & these goggles gets pretty irritated after 2 batteries.
2017-5-24
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
United Kingdom

hi fans - mine arrived 2 days ago and yet again feel like a test dummy for DJI. It will not activate and as you say the focus is FAR FAR too close.  Have tried assistant with no luck and like you feeling sooooo frustrated. Please do let me know if anyone has answer.
2017-5-26
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Masemoto Posted at 2017-5-22 13:28

Wrong . This does not work. I wish it did  though as I am thoroughly HACKED off with DJI for not making this process any EASIER.
2017-5-26
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2017-5-24 10:22

No focus option is a bad mistake. I am having to buy new specs just because of DJI poor design.

At present however I seem to be having ACTIVATION issues like other users.

Come on DJI sort yourselves out. I am fed up being a test bed for your mistakes.

Where is support when you need them!
2017-5-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

mfangler Posted at 2017-5-26 04:47
hi fans - mine arrived 2 days ago and yet again feel like a test dummy for DJI. It will not activate and as you say the focus is FAR FAR too close.  Have tried assistant with no luck and like you feeling sooooo frustrated. Please do let me know if anyone has answer.

Uninstall the version of DJI Assistant 2 that you currently have, install the latest version, and try again. You can't activate the goggles with an older version of the application.
2017-5-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

mfangler Posted at 2017-5-26 05:09
Wrong . This does not work. I wish it did  though as I am thoroughly HACKED off with DJI for not making this process any EASIER.

I turned on the Mavic & R/C.  Turned on goggles FOR THE FIRST TIME.  After a few prompts, it said it was ready to link.  I selected the LOWER option for the Mavic.  The goggles tell you when to push the link button on the Mavic.  DONE!  It did the linking, activating, and completed setup on its own.  Then the Mavic livefeed popped up & I crapped my pants.  EASY!
2017-5-26
Use props
yozo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

Dji Go4 activation works only with Mavic. All other drones need to activate via the assistant software
2017-5-27
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Does anyone know what the actual focus distance is for the Goggles?
2017-6-1
Use props
Paul Pangrazzi
New
United States

Count me as another disappointed buyer... while I can't necessarily complain about the fact that the goggles don't feel like they fit properly, I will complain that it can't be focused!  This might be a deal breaker, as I'm not keen on buying reading glasses just for this (and thereby supporting what appears to be a very poor decision on DJI's part.)
2017-6-1
Use props
fans2ce2dabf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4242 ft
United States

This is insane.  What a let down not being able to focus on the screen.  Glasses are uncomfortable and fog up easily.  Google cardboard at least focuses.  Come on DJI, serve your customers.
2017-6-1
Use props
fans5020cec9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60082 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Goggles today and activated with no problems via the Mavic, although it did take a while. Focus was the big disappointment for me as well and I don't normally wear reading glasses. Might go get a cheap pair to see if that helps but I agree with others that this should be integral with the goggles.
2017-6-14
Use props
conprot.otenet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224354 ft
  • >>>
Greece

same problem here have trying to activate but activation fails .Strangely ,closing and opening the assistant  it opened the firmware update and updated to latest firmware.Still no activation.
i do not have a Mavic but a P4Pro , so i have no option but to use only the Assistant.Any help?
2017-6-19
Use props
Senorpablo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407323 ft
United States

After three hours, still won't activate for me.
2017-6-19
Use props
fans9815c421
lvl.2

Philippines

did you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.1 on your computer MAC/Windows? then and the app as admin if you're in windows os?
2017-6-19
Use props
Tarsicio Sañudo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 856890 ft
Mexico

Hello i just receive mines. I start with problems with the activation. But i erase de Assiatnce 2 and downlaod the lates one and they activated really easy. The problem is that the older version give you the chance to download and install the firmware but not the activation.  May be it can help. Sorry for my english  
2017-6-23
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-24 12:37
ah but the Oculus rifts look like crap even when focused ,LOL . A $6 pair of reading glasses puts them in perfect focus .

Occulus is fantastic. The suggestion that it looks crap is utter rubbish! I use Occulous and Flyinside for flight simming. It is excellent!
2017-6-26
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2017-6-26 05:16
Occulus is fantastic. The suggestion that it looks crap is utter rubbish! I use Occulous and Flyinside for flight simming. It is excellent!

Rubbish , your standards are simply set too low
2017-6-26
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-26 05:27
Rubbish , your standards are simply set too low

And what product, in your opinion, does the job better right now?
2017-6-27
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2017-6-27 03:00
And what product, in your opinion, does the job better right now?

The fact there may not be a better product does not negate the fact the Oculus display sux .  The Dji display does far better if only it had the connectivity as the Oculus . I've looked at the oculus several times and just can't get past the display . Perhaps they are better now tough . I haven't put a pair on in about 6 months .
2017-6-27
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-27 11:30
The fact there may not be a better product does not negate the fact the Oculus display sux .  The Dji display does far better if only it had the connectivity as the Oculus . I've looked at the oculus several times and just can't get past the display . Perhaps they are better now tough . I haven't put a pair on in about 6 months .

Yes the clarity of the DJI Goggles is great compared to the Oculus BUT do not give you anything like the same immersive experience as the Oculus. I am looking forward to 4K Oculus as soon as someone invents a graphics card and computer powerful enough to drive them. Of course the Oculus is much more comfortable to wear than the DJI Goggles....
2017-6-28
Use props
fansfe421c8a
New

United States

The set up for the goggles is so aggravating! I tried linking following the prompts with mobile device, GO app.  Keeps giving me the error to make sure that the aircraft and controller are linked after the "60" second countdown.  Tried multiple times, updated everything with latest firmware.  Won't link.  Next I tried the DJI Assistant.  Yes, I downloaded latest version from DJI website.  Nothing!  I plug the googles in and nothing happens.  Called support and they were utterly worthless.  Can someone help me?
2017-7-1
Use props
fans108b0ca5
New
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem  
2017-7-6
Use props
fans108b0ca5
New
United Kingdom

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-5-22 11:36

When I plug my Goggles in to my MacBook Pro with the latest version of DJI assistant.. I briefly see the Goggles being recognized and then they disappear.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans108b0ca5
New
United Kingdom

Masemoto Posted at 2017-5-22 13:28

I do exactly the same but at the point where I select to register with mobile device.. nothing happens..

I am in the house however and my Mavic does say Disconnected on the DJI Go app.. could that be it?
2017-7-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules