Goggles arrived, but will not work.
8479 51 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans108b0ca5
New
United Kingdom

fans108b0ca5 Posted at 2017-7-6 21:54
When I plug my Goggles in to my MacBook Pro with the latest version of DJI assistant.. I briefly see the Goggles being recognized and then they disappear.

Same for me
2017-7-6
Use props
fans944fe4dc
New

United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-22 13:34
Everyone else's screen 100% clear? Grrr mine has a bit of black debris towards the top left upper screen. Don't know if I should raise my concern/return?

I'm having the same thing! Any luck? What have you found?
2017-7-7
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a small black piece of something sitting on the inside of the screen. Its not always visible. Tends to be easier to see when viewing lighter colour images/video. As its right in the upper corner its not bothered me enough to risk DJI losing it or fobbing me off with second hand replacements. Technically the goggles work a charm!
2017-7-9
Use props
Lando Kardashia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3537 ft
United States

I have a slightly different problem: I can't get the touch pad on the goggles to work at all. As a result, I've been unable to get past the initial language selection screen.
I'm hoping that I can resolve this via software, as I don't really want to box everything up and send it back to DJI.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have any recommendations?
2017-7-9
Use props
djiuser_NIxZ2eE
New
Flight distance : 12379 ft
United Kingdom

Yes - Have had three goggles noew (2 sent back!) ,using with  Phatom 4 pro, so its dpone via DJI asistant 2. You have to try 3 or 4 times beore it gets seen.
2017-8-23
Use props
djiuser_NIxZ2eE
New
United Kingdom

You have to try  switching off, start the Assistant and then pug in USB. Had to do 3 or 4 times before it would activate!

2017-8-23
Use props
djiuser_NIxZ2eE
New
United Kingdom

mfangler Posted at 2017-5-26 05:14
No focus option is a bad mistake. I am having to buy new specs just because of DJI poor design.

At present however I seem to be having ACTIVATION issues like other users.

They about as useful as a chocolate teapot!  Finally got mine activated by plugging in 3 or 4 times, it then just activated - But had practice this is third set already, seeing an overheating problem, with a very noisy fans coming on inside, these will probably go back as well.

Anyone else getting very warm goggles the heat appears to be occurring on the  right hand side (from user perspective). Its still  touchable but can't be right, keep thinking of the Samsung Note 7!
2017-8-23
Use props
smashing
lvl.1
United States

Activating the DJI Goggles (Racing Edition) and, for that matter... the CrystalSky monitor is a huge pain... firstly 1. It's a huge PITA that we're forced to do this, and can't 'skip' it, even if only for the first few flights while we're actually still excited to try the device out, and 2. the activation process is extremely fussy and the implementation is poor.

The Wi-Fi connectivity on the CrystalSky is beyond fussy, and I could not get it to work at all on my network. I had the same issue with the DJI Goggles. Every other device connects to this network just fine. While not conclusive, it may be an IPv6 issue - and specifically the device not defaulting back to IPv4 if IPv6 doesn't work. (Working theory).

In any event, using a personal hotspot on a mobile phone got me past this issue, but still left me with extremely frustrating error messages regarding the DJI activation servers, and restarting DJI Go 4 as suggested did not help. In the end the server issue seemed to 'fix itself' for the CrystalSky monitor, maybe it was temporary / bad luck, but the Goggles refused to activate altogether via the CrystalSky. Trying to activate using the DJI Assistant 2 software was also a dead end at first - I was using the wrong installer, despite going to the DJI downloads page. The solution is to find a copy of the 1.1.8 installer for DJI Assistant 2, which is *not* (at time of writing Dec 2017) on the Mavic downloads page, but *is* on the Phantom 4 downloads page. So if you have a Mavic, it's very easy to have an extremely frustrating experience here.
2017-12-8
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Dang! sorry to hear that. Not fun at all!
2017-12-14
Use props
fansef3a834e
lvl.1

Photos and video doesn’t save when using the goggles...I took at screen shot and that did manage to save. Any ideas...thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>

Try custom-made focus-fixers - a third-party product. I use them and am very happy with them.  Remember to order a stronger prescription than you would otherwise need for reading. Best way to determine prescription strength needed is to go to Walgreens/CVS reading glass area and try on different strength presecriptions trying to focus on text only 3 inches from your eyeballs. About +2 stronger than "normal" reading distance reader glasses prescription.  Wish this 3rd party add-on wasn't necessary, but it's well-made and provides a permanent solution.

Link: https://www.focus-fixers.com/

On the Goggles head fit. I agree it's a bit unwieldy. I find that the best head fit is with the head band at almost a 30-40 degree angle tilted back on the back of my head (i.e., much more tilted back than you would wear a hat.

Hope these suggestions help.

2018-6-8
Use props
fans7d8061ce
New

If you're having issues activating the goggles with Assistant 2, go in to your Windows Firewall settings and allow Public connections for it to activate.
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules