Gimbal obstruction problem
2885 6 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans404de438
lvl.2
Canada

Hello,

I am receiving an error that there is a "gimbal obstruction" and the camera seems to be freaking out when i first power on my drone. I've never crashed the drone, never hit anything so this is most certainly a hardware problem.

DJI, I've seen this issue in many other cases and will require a solution, what are my next steps in YOU fixing this problem?

Other cases - http://mavicpilots.com/threads/gimbal-malfunction-no-crash.12245/

2017-5-22
Use props
scarby
New

Italy

I have the very same issue. It says: aircraft motor overloaded, gimbal obstructed.

Of course, no crashes or accidents. No clumps or anything obstructing the camera.

It seems quite a diffuse issue, would you please provide a solution?
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hey, when did this issue  start? Is the firmware up to date?  Have you tried the troubleshooting tips, like ChrisTranMedia mentioned ?  
2017-5-22
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.2
Canada

Hey Thor, yes, I've called the DJI support and went through the troubleshooting steps. We had to stop at the gimbal calibration, as it would not complete and the issue persisted. I received an email from DJI this morning asking for more information, screenshots and a video.
2017-5-23
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.2
Canada

I've responded to the email with the required information and awaiting a response, I will continue to update everyone here on progress and what resolution DJI provides. here's a video of the camera freaking out -
2017-5-23
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.2
Canada

Hi folks UPDATE: Sent the drone in and it arrived at the repair facility today, I've been told that it's assessed but i can't see my assessment, can you please help DJI

CAS-663102-T5R0Y0
2017-5-30
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.2
Canada

Received an update today that the repair is covered under warranty. Will provide another update when I receive one.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules