Small crack upper shell front left arm near motor
1088 5 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys was out maybe a month or so ago with the phantom 4 just playing really after winter once done packed it all away left it be until yesteray weathers ccome goood here in the uk i decided i may go out with it, unpon inspection noticed a crack as per title of thread, this thing aint been dropped bang or anything all i can think of is its was quite windy when last flew and coldish outside that i just packed it away and recharged the batteries as always...so not sure if this is a stress crack in some way shape or form...

would this be safe to fly? do dji sell the top covers? as tbh with reading all the comments and people experiances of RMA to dji id like to pass on that and maybe find a autherised dealer/repair sort it so im not getting back someone elses problem ex crashed wrecked drone..

cracked top cover phantom 4

2017-5-23
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar on mine and sent for repair. The screws hold the motor through both top and bottom. I would remove the bottom light housing easy to prise off and remove the little white sticker. Remove the screws and check where crack actually is coming from. To me looks like it's from one of the mounting holes.
2017-5-23
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-5-23 06:30
I had a similar on mine and sent for repair. The screws hold the motor through both top and bottom. I would remove the bottom light housing easy to prise off and remove the little white sticker. Remove the screws and check where crack actually is coming from. To me looks like it's from one of the mounting holes.

I may send it in to repair despite all the repair stauts bad threads dont want to void anything but im not 100% how long iv had the drone need to check bank statement when bought

Thank you for your reply its quite a deep crack by tbvh
2017-5-23
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Infact iv sent it in for repair i dont have dji care etc but i have had it less than one yea 04/07/2016 i purchased the drone

Also closer inspection i have notices around 4 more small cracks apearing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6k831 ... 524_073434.mp4?dl=0

i really hope to be able to post back here and say wow what a great service dji gave me
2017-5-23
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
Flight distance : 781624 ft
United Kingdom

I currently have the same issue. My p4 looks exactly like your photo. I have about 6 hours of flight. It started small I tried fixing it with a small amount of superglue and baking powder. First flight out its back and worse. I have several trips abroad coming up soon so can't face the possibility of DJI repairing. The shop i purchased the drone from make racing drones. They advised they would fix it for me but i would have to buy the shell for £50. The sad thing is that looks like the best process as i have read way too many bad customer service stories. DJI clearly want to be the apple of the drone world. The technology and products clearly give them that crown but they have a really long way to go in the customer service aspect. I contacted them and raised a ticket but didnt send the drone as the initial experience was poor
2017-5-24
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

can i DJI mod advise me i have the label but what do i pack the drone (p4) in?

also iv added my wrong email in repair app account should be email i use here able2-able2 can this be changed? please? beofre i send or make a new repair request?

@Max App i to have read too many issues with sending back drones for repair but this issue is one that possibly return in another x ammount of flights, so for me once repaird i may well let it go £1400 really expect more tbvh, but i guess the motors are way too powerful for the plastic body
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules