To buy now or to wait....
1853 24 2015-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Appropiations comittee (aka wifey) approved budget for the Inspire, and I am headed to visit Inlaws... Guess what is on the way? You got it... A DJI dealer.. So, the question is.. Should I hang on and wait till April or so to see if DJI releases something new... and to give more time for DJI to work out bugs and such?  or pull the trigger and buy it now (no pun intended)..what would you do and why?

Thanks for input...
2015-3-9
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you my Bird has no issues. Flies great..and is lost of fun AMIGO!
2015-3-9
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, your logic suggests that if you wait until April to buy the new-new thing, then you'll have to wait until August for its bugs to be worked out, but then if you wait until October, there will be a new-new-new thing...  Best to just buy now and start enjoying life!
2015-3-9
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Abe. Buy and enjoy now.
2015-3-9
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think if you buy now you will be ok.
I have a Voyager3 (Walkera) on order I will get it in the next few weeks, Then I will compare the two.
Then I can also compare firmware and glitch issues on this one I will let everyone know if the walkera company has similar issues.

ABE: the offer still stands If you'd like to borrow a bird to fly for a while you will be welcome to swing by and pick one up.
1604 Francisco Blvd Pacifica
2015-3-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

^^ Most agreed
2015-3-9
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Lmao at Abe.

But to the OP if your really considering this unit. DO IT. It is absolutely amazing.
Just make sure to do ALL your pre-checks.

Do your IMU calibrations every now and then. Compass calibrations. Test your batteries before you do any serious flying. Hover on your first few flights to see how well your stabilization and control is.

Just take it slow and don't go guns slinging! Read your manual and no your bird like the back of your hand.
Be knowledgable on your emergency CSC controls (emergency shut off controls) and also of FAA regulations or whatever organizations delegates rules over your country.

You'll find this quad is phenomenal! However, if this is your first quad, you may want to buy a micro quadcopter to get a feel for the controls.

Other than that, good luck with your decision and safe flying!!
2015-3-9
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buy the bird before the appropriations committee revokes the purchase
2015-3-9
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

wait  bugless versions being made now  whats the rush?
2015-3-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

BUY IT NOW!   It is soooo awesome and truthfully, other than some short term firmware upgrade headaches, the bird is fantastic and gives you a reason to get up in the morning!

My advice is don't wait.  I got mine a few weeks ago and wouldn't trade it for the world right now.

Happy Flying!
2015-3-9
Use props
stuzphotos
lvl.2

United States

I hate to do this but my unit is grounded due to RC not working after firmware upgrade.
Sorry I got inspired.
2015-3-9
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

stuzphotos@gmai Posted at 2015-3-10 11:58
I hate to do this but my unit is grounded due to RC not working after firmware upgrade.
Sorry I got  ...

That's unfortunate, man. Did you upgrade your RC too? Did you use a card reader, usb, or inspire camera??

Also, did you open up the SD card on your computer and see any of the .txt files on it?
2015-3-9
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

The inspire is excellent ! Nothing to wait for , dji hit it out a the park again with this new bird .. Really !
I started with phantoms almost three years ago and they were also very well thought out ,designed , my inspire is nothing short of awsome ..I've had no unexpected problems whatsoever , it flys great fast or slow the camera is rock solid turnig banking backing out changing direction etc .. And the Selection and placement of camera control features at your finger tips on the RC controller and iOS app is definitely great as well ... and much much more. As far as a completely new and better inspire coming soon probably not SOON ... But dji will always be adding and making upgrades to all of thier products and that's a good thing even if somthing does change after your purchase down the road a bit .... Very pleased with my bird ..nothing comes close right now .
2015-3-9
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-10 11:37
BUY IT NOW!   It is soooo awesome and truthfully, other than some short term firmware upgrade headac ...

Agreed ! The inspire is the one.
2015-3-9
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Pull the trigger mate !
2015-3-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

stuzphotos@gmai Posted at 2015-3-10 11:58
Sorry I got  ...

Yeah, happened to my second RC as well but we are in the vast minority compared to the thousands that didn't have trouble with the upgrade.  

And even with being one of those effected, I still say buy it now!
2015-3-9
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-3-10 09:03
Well, your logic suggests that if you wait until April to buy the new-new thing, then you'll have to ...

Awesome... This really stuck with me... And very truthful! No reason to wait if Im going to be waiting anyways for them to work out bugs on the "new" thing..
2015-3-10
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Thank you all for the replies... Alll great points... Al considered.. I think is set then....Im Pulling the trigger.... Dont want the wifey to change mind!  i have to say I have been keeping  tabs on the forum and have seen the issues get less and less... Hopefully is a good sign! Stay tuned guys!! i will post some nice pics of the bird then!
2015-3-10
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-10 10:12
I think if you buy now you will be ok.
I have a Voyager3 (Walkera) on order I will get it in the nex ...

CrabHawk - you are too kind! Thank you very much. I have a Phantom 2V+ I'm flying while I wait, so I'm in good shape for now. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!
2015-3-10
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Those comittee aprovals usually have an expiration date that are  related with your behavior. Act now!
2015-3-10
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I also would go right now. Wish you a lot of fun with your new "toy"
2015-3-10
Use props
stuzphotos
lvl.2

United States

You van by one but get it from a dealer that can provide support !!!! I ran into some serious trouble trying to upgrade the firmware on my RC. Spent hours on the line with DJI and finally contacted DJI support in the US. They suggestedI return the bird and the RC which they would keep for 4 to 6 weeks. I was however able to get the upgrade complete with the help of technical support from intelligent UAS.  It seems I had a corrupt file and difficulty getting the RC to recognize a file downloaded on my Mac. I UAS sent me and unzipped file which I loaded onto the originalSD card and that came with the I1 and installed it in via the camera. It is my understanding now  that the RC will not read a standard thumb drive you must have a thumb drive that you can insert an and SD card into. To have it read it.
2015-3-11
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

It is my understanding now  that the RC will not read a standard thumb drive you must have a thumb drive that you can insert an and SD card into.

Actually this isn't 100% accurate.  I performed my latest upgrade using a rather inexpensive USB thumb drive (no sd card) and it worked perfectly.  There's a high likelihood that many are not supported, though so probably a best practice to just use your original SD card to take out any chances of issues.

Just wanted to put that out there for any sort of troubleshooting help folks may run into at times.
2015-3-11
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

will@willbarnwe Posted at 2015-3-12 01:33
Actually this isn't 100% accurate.  I performed my latest upgrade using a rather inexpensive USB t ...

I also upgraded from a standard USB thumb drive and it worked fine.
2015-3-11
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Abe Posted at 2015-3-11 05:24
CrabHawk - you are too kind! Thank you very much. I have a Phantom 2V+ I'm flying while I wait, so ...

You are quite welcome my friend. Also I've been flying mine almost daily and I tell you that last upgrade worked excellent for me, This thing is a beast and NO gps, signal loss or imi issues.
2015-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules