11851 41 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pcardon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135092 ft
France

Hi,
Have just received today my DJi googles, and it seems that the SD card reader is failing. Following is what I tried :
• Attempting to format a SD card (have tried with 2 different cards, from 2 different brands), after confirming that I accept to loose all my files, displays "No DJi googles card Inserted" message
• Attempting to dowload a JPEG file from my Mavic, displays the message "Failed to download remote file" after few seconds
• Attempting to read the SD card coming from my Mavic displays the message  "No DJi googles card Inserted"
• Attempting to read the local storage displays either "File list empty" if a card is inserted, or "No DJi googles card Inserted" if no card is in the reader. This means that the SD card is detected …

Not sure this is a related problem : I have updated the googles firmware to the latest available version (V01.03.0700), and each time I start the DJi googles I have a "Latest version detected" message displayed …

Has anybody the same problem ? Can a DJi person take a look to this problem description ?

Thanks in advance

2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, were you able to activate the DJI Goggles successfully?
2017-5-23
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

yes and all is working fine, except the SD card reader
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pcardon Posted at 2017-5-23 11:58
yes and all is working fine, except the SD card reader

Could you happen to clarify what SD card types you tried thus far?
2017-5-23
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

SD cards

SD cards

Hello,
Thanks for answering me …
I used a Samsung 64 Gb EVO micto SD xc I, which I already use in my Mavic Pro without any problem …
I tried a Sandisk Extreme 16 GB HC I
I tried a Verbatim HC 8 GB

Regards
Pascal
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pcardon Posted at 2017-5-24 02:14
[view_image]
Hello,
Thanks for answering me …

Just to clarify, are you hot swapping the SD cards? Try removing the cards and restarting the Goggles. Once that message has cleared, power cycle the Goggles with the SD card in. This is an issue that will be addressed in the next firmware.
2017-5-25
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 11:38
Just to clarify, are you hot swapping the SD cards? Try removing the cards and restarting the Goggles. Once that message has cleared, power cycle the Goggles with the SD card in. This is an issue that will be addressed in the next firmware.

OK,

Just tried now, first inserting the card, then Power up the Googles, then attempted to format the SD card, with no success, I received the "No Dji googles SD card inserted" message …
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pcardon Posted at 2017-5-26 08:27
OK,

Just tried now, first inserting the card, then Power up the Googles, then attempted to format the SD card, with no success, I received the "No Dji googles SD card inserted" message …

Was that even after power cycling with the SD card out initially?
2017-5-26
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-26 13:25
Was that even after power cycling with the SD card out initially?

Power cycling don't solve the problem, I'm completely unable to use the SD card  reader
2017-5-27
Use props
fans87fec950
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. Sd card is not able to be formatted or read.  Firmware is up to date.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans60fb5b2a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64065 ft
United Kingdom

fans87fec950 Posted at 2017-5-27 08:33
I'm having the same issue. Sd card is not able to be formatted or read.  Firmware is up to date.

Hi there I noticed you are having sad card issues with your goggles, I'm having the same issues could you give me any advice on how to resolve the problem regards steve
2017-5-31
Use props
fans60fb5b2a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64065 ft
United Kingdom

pcardon Posted at 2017-5-26 08:27
OK,

Hi I'm having the same issues as you on dji goggles sad card reader, could you tell me if you sorted it out and if so how regards steve
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans60fb5b2a Posted at 2017-5-31 14:17
Hi I'm having the same issues as you on dji goggles sad card reader, could you tell me if you sorted it out and if so how regards steve

Have you tried the method that Jamie mentioned above?
2017-6-1
Use props
fansfe104d13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1285610 ft
United States

I have this exact same issue. The goggles don't appear to support SD cards yet.
2017-6-1
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-1 03:25
Have you tried the method that Jamie mentioned above?

Yes I tried Jamie's method … no way …
My SD card reader has never worked for me …
2017-6-4
Use props
Narwhal
New
United States

pcardon Posted at 2017-6-4 07:38

I am having the same exact issue, and none of the fixes work.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pcardon Posted at 2017-6-4 07:38

Sorry about that, I reported it to the engineers for a further evaluation, will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks.
2017-6-5
Use props
ragnar7
lvl.1
Iceland

I'm having the same problem, even after upgrading the firmware to the newest one today. Seems the SDI slot doesn't work at all!
2017-6-8
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 00:37
Sorry about that, I reported it to the engineers for a further evaluation, will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks.

Thank you for your help …

2017-6-8
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 00:37

Hi,

I have good news !

For the first time, I was able to use the SD card reader after DJi Googles firmware update V01.03.0800 …
I will confirm in few days, but it seems to work …
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pcardon Posted at 2017-6-8 09:12
Hi,

I have good news !

Thank you very much for your update, glad to hear it's working after firmware upgrading.
Keep us posted, thanks.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ragnar7 Posted at 2017-6-8 03:47
I'm having the same problem, even after upgrading the firmware to the newest one today. Seems the SDI slot doesn't work at all!

It only supports FAT32 format, nut not the NTFS. And the maximum is 32GB.
Just to verify, what the type of SD card you were used for it ?
2017-6-8
Use props
ragnar7
lvl.1
Iceland

I use a 32gb SD card formatted by the Mavic Pro... does that not format in FAT32?
2017-6-9
Use props
ragnar7
lvl.1
Iceland

Well yes .. it's FAT32...
2017-6-9
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

1. Please check whether the SD cards have been formated as FAT32.
2. Please upgrade the goggles to the newest firmware.
    It fixes an issue that sdcard is not recognized after hotplug.
3. If your sdcard meets all the following conditions, could you kindly help to provide your sdcard brand & specific model?
a. the sdcard is formated as FAT32
b. the sdcard storage size is not larger than 32GB
c. the sdcard is has been inserted into Goggles before it is powered on and not hotplugged.
2017-6-9
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-8 19:17
Thank you very much for your update, glad to hear it's working after firmware upgrading.
Keep us posted, thanks.

Finally, it was a short time joy … Yesterday I tried again, and again the SD card reader don't work at all … It's unable to read the SD card coming from my Mavic, it says there are no files, and If I attempt to format the SD card, I have a "No DJi googles SD card mounted" message …
My googles will definitely needs a service repair … and I can say that this didn't work from the beginning …
2017-6-10
Use props
ragnar7
lvl.1
Iceland

I have the exact same as Pcardon!
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pcardon Posted at 2017-6-10 08:48
Finally, it was a short time joy … Yesterday I tried again, and again the SD card reader don't work at all … It's unable to read the SD card coming from my Mavic, it says there are no files, and If I attempt to format the SD card, I have a "No DJi googles SD card mounted" message …
My googles will definitely needs a service repair … and I can say that this didn't work from the beginning …

Sorry to hear that, our R&D engineers replied you at 25#, please double check it and keep me posted, thank you.
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ragnar7 Posted at 2017-6-11 03:03
I have the exact same as Pcardon!

Sorry for the issue, please double check all the info our engineers posted at 25#, and keep me posted. Thanks.
2017-6-12
Use props
pcardon
lvl.2
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-12 00:57
Sorry to hear that, our R&D engineers replied you at 25#, please double check it and keep me posted, thank you.

I already done all the checking :
  + Tried to format it both from my computer and from my MAVIC

2. Please upgrade the goggles to the newest firmware.
    It fixes an issue that sdcard is not recognized after hotplug.
  + Upgraded to V01.03.0800 firmware
3. If your sdcard meets all the following conditions, could you kindly help to provide your sdcard brand & specific model?
  + Tried these 2 SD cards : KINGSTON 8 Gb HC I and Sandisk Extreme 16 GbHC I

a. the sdcard is formated as FAT32
  + As already said, formatted from the MAVIC. PLEASE Note (again) that formatting from the DJi Googles should work, whatever the original format is … but SD formating don't works !

b. the sdcard storage size is not larger than 32GB
+ Have tried many models from different capacities, i.e. 8 and 16 Gb

c. the sdcard is has been inserted into Goggles before it is powered on and not hotplugged.
+ Have already done this test and said it in my previous comments. Whatever I do, it doesn't work !
It only worked once, just after the 0800 firmware upgrade ... and failed again, few days later

2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pcardon Posted at 2017-6-14 08:08
I already done all the checking :
  + Tried to format it both from my computer and from my MAVIC

Sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, sorry we failed to get it resolved remotely after all the basice troubleshooting, in that case, please send it in for evaluation, we'll take care it for you, appreciate your patience and support again!
2017-6-15
Use props
ragnar7
lvl.1
Iceland

So any idea when or if a firmware update will address this...? or is this maybe a hardware issue that needs to be fixed with a repair?
2017-6-21
Use props
fansbd9ceef2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291821 ft
United States

August 15, 2017
Has anyone heard of or seen a fix for this yet?

Also, on the mac in disc utilities, there is not a FAT32 format. There is ExFat and MS-DOS (Fat). I tried both of those with a 16GB card and have not been able to see anything either. The sample videos play because they are built into the goggles software, and I did a three finger tap once and got the goggles to take a screen grab. That's about it. Is there a file directory structure on the card that also needs to be followed?
2017-8-15
Use props
fansbc88d2c9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16463 ft
United States

The problem I am having is when I try to download video or photos from my aircraft to the Dji goggles sd card I get a error and the aircraft disconnects. I use a spark with my Dji goggles and both are up to date on the firmware as of 8/27/17
2017-8-27
Use props
GusBarb
New
Flight distance : 228727 ft
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-15 04:14
Sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, sorry we failed to get it resolved remotely after all the basice troubleshooting, in that case, please send it in for evaluation, we'll take care it for you, appreciate your patience and support again!

Hello Natalia, I just got my goggles with version V01.04.0100 and still have the same issue, Do you have any news about it? I've been trying with 2 SD cards, 16gb and 8gb, none woking. Thanks for the help
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

GusBarb Posted at 2017-12-5 15:45
Hello Natalia, I just got my goggles with version V01.04.0100 and still have the same issue, Do you have any news about it? I've been trying with 2 SD cards, 16gb and 8gb, none woking. Thanks for the help

Hi sir, please try to format the SD card via PC, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted into the FAT32 file system. The recommended cluster size is 32KB, then plug it back to the Goggles. If it doesn't work, could you please provide me with the photo of the error message? It might be a little bit hard to shoot. Thank you for your help.
2017-12-5
Use props
fans80786199
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194843 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Can this problem be solved? I ask for a solution to this problem. Thank sir
2021-7-7
Use props
anfre
New

Indonesia

hi...I'm from year 2023... and until now this problem hasn't been solved by DJI, I'm still having this problem on goggles v2, no SD issue T_T
2023-1-14
Use props
AvataUser86
New
United States

Not only have I continually been having this issue- I have a major one to add to it. I recently tried to eject the card and my finger was immediately burned to the point that it blistered. I pulled the card out and it was black and charred. Seems like a safety issue.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_AzokZziNms1d
lvl.1

France

Hello !

I have the exact same issue on my FPV Goggles V2 brand new out of the box.
I've tried everything already said here but still sd not detected inside Goggles V2 > Works fine inside the DJI O3 Air Unit, as well as on my friend's Goggles Integra

Did someone manage to get i work here ?

Thx
2023-5-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules