DJI Googles Activation
12Next >
17933 53 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BinDC
lvl.2
United States

How do I activate the googles? I have tried the DJI assistant 2 and nothing happens and even connected them via the mobile link and still they wont activate? Any help would be great.
2017-5-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

They need to be linked to the Mavic using the link button on the Mavic. I don't have my googles yet (still waiting on them to ship) but I just saw a youtube video on this (don't have the link handy)
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

You type in WWW.GOOGLE.COM and voila your "googles" are activated!
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please make sure you download the Assistant 2 from this link:  http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads
If you activate it via APP, please make sure you have installed the latest APP and aircraft firmware, then login your DJI account on APP and active it again.
Please try again and keep us posted, thanks.
2017-5-24
Use props
BinDC
lvl.2
United States

Yeah I didn't have the newest DJI assistant -- you can only activate them with the version 1.1.0-2
2017-5-24
Use props
sm3hurk0
lvl.2
Bulgaria

There is a problem with the driver signature  in WIN8.
Look in device manager about to go - to you is installed correctly driver.
2017-5-29
Use props
fans9815c421
lvl.2

Philippines

try to use the right version of DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.1
2017-6-19
Use props
fans9815c421
lvl.2

Philippines

2017-6-19
Use props
fans9815c421
lvl.2

Philippines

2017-6-19
Use props
fansfe421c8a
New

United States

The set up for the goggles is so aggravating! I tried linking following the prompts with mobile device, GO app.  Keeps giving me the error to make sure that the aircraft and controller are linked after the "60" second countdown.  Tried multiple times, updated everything with latest firmware.  Won't link.  Next I tried the DJI Assistant.  Yes, I downloaded latest version from DJI website.  Nothing!  I plug the googles in and nothing happens.  Called support and they were utterly worthless.  Can someone help me?
2017-7-1
Use props
NP2017
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I've recently recieved my DJI Googles.  I downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (v.1.1.1) and was able to successfully update the googles to the latest Firmware without any problems (v 01.03.0900 dated 22/06/2017) but I never saw any invitation to activate the googles.  Reason I mention this is that when I take my P4P to my local flying site and fly with iPhone connected to the Controller and using the DJI App the drone flies just as always, no distance and height restrictions.  However, when I disconnect the iPhone / App and connect the Googles to the USB connection on the Controller and fly FPV the Drone is restricted to around 50m distance and 30m vertically.  I presume there must be a way to avoid this restriction but as I clearly cannot use the App whilst flying with the Googles that's not it.  Can anyone please help with advice on how to resolve this.  If Activation is the issue then how to do this if the DJI Assistant 2 doesn't offer this
2017-7-2
Use props
NP2017
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 03:37
Please make sure you download the Assistant 2 from this link:  http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads
If you activate it via APP, please make sure you have installed the latest APP and aircraft firmware, then login your DJI account on APP and active it again.

Hi Natalia....looks like you may be able to help me.  I've recently recieved my DJI Googles.  I downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (v.1.1.1) and was able to successfully update the googles to the latest Firmware without any problems (v 01.03.0900 dated 22/06/2017) but I never saw any invitation to activate the googles.  Reason I mention this is that when I take my P4P to my local flying site and fly with iPhone connected to the Controller and using the DJI App the drone flies just as always, no distance and height restrictions.  However, when I disconnect the iPhone / App and connect the Googles to the USB connection on the Controller and fly FPV the Drone is restricted to around 50m distance and 30m vertically.  I presume there must be a way to avoid this restriction but as I clearly cannot use the App whilst flying with the Googles that's not it.  Can anyone please help with advice on how to resolve this.  If Activation is the issue then how to do this if the DJI Assistant 2 doesn't offer this
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I didn't need DJI Assistant 2 to activate my Goggles. I bought it from the store, went home, paired it to my Mavic, and the activation was done on the Goggles itself
2017-7-2
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 03:37

Sorry to jump in here but I was not getting a reply from other threads I would like to know if the July4th orders are all shipped out or do I still have a chance to get them shipped on the 4th.?
Below is what I had on the other tread but she did not get back to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any Luck Finding out what is going on?

Order Number:  0019589484850 Date ordered 6-1-17.
When I ordered on June 1st. the ship day had just changed to the July 4th. That July 4th. Was a ship day not an estimate or a first come first serve?
They were quick to take my money but I felt ok with that if they mad the ship day of July 4th.
There were times that I could have ordered from Amazon but I don’t know how the warranty works if ordered from Amazon?
f they are not getting shipped then is it ok to order from amazon & still get the same waranty?

I just want to know if I have been pushed back to the new time line or am I still expecting it to ship on July 4th?
Or have they already ran out of the July 4th. Supply & I have to wait 2 more weeks?
I want to use it this summer.

One more thing how do I PM a moderator when I use the button it does not let me type?

Thanks
Rick
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-7-2 08:14
Sorry to jump in here but I was not getting a reply from other threads I would like to know if the July4th orders are all shipped out or do I still have a chance to get them shipped on the 4th.?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick, it's estimated to be shipped out from 4th July in order, we're working hard to speed up the process so you would receive it soon, thank you so much for your patience and support!
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

NP2017 Posted at 2017-7-2 03:29
Hi Natalia....looks like you may be able to help me.  I've recently recieved my DJI Googles.  I downloaded the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (v.1.1.1) and was able to successfully update the googles to the latest Firmware without any problems (v 01.03.0900 dated 22/06/2017) but I never saw any invitation to activate the googles.  Reason I mention this is that when I take my P4P to my local flying site and fly with iPhone connected to the Controller and using the DJI App the drone flies just as always, no distance and height restrictions.  However, when I disconnect the iPhone / App and connect the Googles to the USB connection on the Controller and fly FPV the Drone is restricted to around 50m distance and 30m vertically.  I presume there must be a way to avoid this restriction but as I clearly cannot use the App whilst flying with the Googles that's not it.  Can anyone please help with advice on how to resolve this.  If Activation is the issue then how to do this if the DJI Assistant 2 doesn't offer this

Since you have upgraded all to the latest, then you need takeoff the drone with dji go 4 connected and make sure you logged on your dji account, or the performance will be restricted.
In that case, please takeoff the drone with with APP connected firstly,  then disconnect the APP and connect the Googles to it, there will be no restriction.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansfe421c8a Posted at 2017-7-1 06:31
The set up for the goggles is so aggravating! I tried linking following the prompts with mobile device, GO app.  Keeps giving me the error to make sure that the aircraft and controller are linked after the "60" second countdown.  Tried multiple times, updated everything with latest firmware.  Won't link.  Next I tried the DJI Assistant.  Yes, I downloaded latest version from DJI website.  Nothing!  I plug the googles in and nothing happens.  Called support and they were utterly worthless.  Can someone help me?

Please make sure you download the assistant 2 from googles' page: http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads
Just to verify, what's your aircraft model? Have you tried to restart all devices or change another USB cable when connecting it to PC?
2017-7-3
Use props
NP2017
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-3 00:43
Since you have upgraded all to the latest, then you need takeoff the drone with dji go 4 connected and make sure you logged on your dji account, or the performance will be restricted.
In that case, please takeoff the drone with with APP connected firstly,  then disconnect the APP and connect the Googles to it, there will be no restriction.

Hi Natalia.  Thanks very much for the helpful and rapid response.  It's dark here so I can't go out and implement your instructions right away so forgive me if I take up a little more of your time with a couple of questions.  (1)  Am I right to assume that having taken off with App connected I could then land, disconnect the Phone / App, plug in the googles and start flying again....in other words no need to swap over with the drone in flight....is that correct.  and (2) Is this a once only procedure or something I must do each flying session during which I want to use the Googles?
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

NP2017 Posted at 2017-7-3 05:24
Hi Natalia.  Thanks very much for the helpful and rapid response.  It's dark here so I can't go out and implement your instructions right away so forgive me if I take up a little more of your time with a couple of questions.  (1)  Am I right to assume that having taken off with App connected I could then land, disconnect the Phone / App, plug in the googles and start flying again....in other words no need to swap over with the drone in flight....is that correct.  and (2) Is this a once only procedure or something I must do each flying session during which I want to use the Googles?

For the first question, you are correct.
For the second one, it's not a once only procedure, you must connect the APP with your account logged in to your drone, then you can disconnect the APP and connect Googles when needed.
2017-7-3
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-3 23:58
For the first question, you are correct.
For the second one, it's not a once only procedure, you must connect the APP with your account logged in to the drone, then you can disconnect the APP and connect Googles when needed.

Wait...what? Natalia, you are saying each time I want to use the googles I have to take off with the phone/iPad connected then land, connect the googles, disconnect the phone/iPad and then I can use the googles? This sounds a little weird...can you please clarify that? Thanks.
2017-7-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-7-2 08:14

Rick, I ordered late May...got the shipping notice today..you're only a couple days away from my order date so they should be shipping..
2017-7-5
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-5 14:21
Rick, I ordered late May...got the shipping notice today..you're only a couple days away from my order date so they should be shipping..

Yes I just got my fedx shipping # today.

About the other thing about having to fly each time before the goggles if I am hearing correctly you just have to have the app connected. I don’t think you have to fly AC the app just wants to verify that the AC has a valid fly zone.
1.        Turn on RC & the App
2.        Turn on AC
3.        Put on Goggles & fly
I may be wrong but the other does not sound correct to me.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-5 14:16
Wait...what? Natalia, you are saying each time I want to use the googles I have to take off with the phone/iPad connected then land, connect the googles, disconnect the phone/iPad and then I can use the googles? This sounds a little weird...can you please clarify that? Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have made myself more clear.
You must connect the APP and make sure your account is logged in after turn on the drone, you could disconnect the APP before flying the drone if you need to connect goggles.
2017-7-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 00:43
Sorry for the confusion, I should have made myself more clear.
You must connect the APP and make sure your account is logged in after turn on the drone, you could disconnect the APP before flying the drone if you need to connect goggles.

Ok that sounds better...thanks
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-6 14:16
Ok that sounds better...thanks

My pleasure.
2017-7-7
Use props
fansbd8f59fd
New
United Kingdom

Natalia - I have wasted a number of hours trying both versions of the DJI Assistant 2 - one using the link you had posted as well as the link from the Phantom 4+ downloads.  In all instances there is no prompt to activate the googles - only showing me which firmware is installed and the options to upgrade and downgrade.  Both function work but no option to activate.  I have a Phantom 4 so cannot activate via the app.  

Can you please send clear instructions how to activate the product which seems to be a pretty obvious first step in any product.  Many thanks
2017-7-10
Use props
fansbd8f59fd
New
United Kingdom

fansbd8f59fd Posted at 2017-7-10 12:45
Natalia - I have wasted a number of hours trying both versions of the DJI Assistant 2 - one using the link you had posted as well as the link from the Phantom 4+ downloads.  In all instances there is no prompt to activate the googles - only showing me which firmware is installed and the options to upgrade and downgrade.  Both function work but no option to activate.  I have a Phantom 4 so cannot activate via the app.  

Can you please send clear instructions how to activate the product which seems to be a pretty obvious first step in any product.  Many thanks

Hi  Worked it out ,myself - will post this just in case anyone else had to endure the frustration of trying to get it activated.  This worked for me and I am now using the goggles / viewing HDMI video feeds so it is a result.

This is how I got it to work on my Mac

load latest DJI Assistant 2 / connect goggles etc - all as you are 'supposed' to - THEN load previous firmware (I had to downgrade - note this is NOT the factory setting reset).  When all of that has taken keep everything connected and CLOSE the DJI Assistant application and then immediately reopen it.  It prompted me to registration of email and activated the googles.  I am going to upgrade the firmware shortly

May not be of use to anyone but I was so close to packing them back in the box and getting a refund

Cheers
2017-7-10
Use props
fans4455b37a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44049 ft
United States

I was finally able to get my goggles to activate after I uninstalled the iOS APP and reinstalled it. I performed a flight while connected to the APP, pulled the plug on the tablet, connected the goggles and the height limit was removed. Meanwhile here is brief chat with DJI Support. John Airan is worthless.

Hello, very glad to help you! What can I do for you?

Hi.

I am unable to activate my DJI Goggles.

Alright Let me do my very best to properly assist you on this one.

I attempted activation with DJI Assistant 2

I have a P4
18:58

Can i ask what your concern regarding that.

My goggles won't activate
19:00

I logged into my DJI account when I connected my googles and it took me to the firmware update, which I did. I was never prompted to activate the goggles and when I fly with them I am limited to 30m of height.
19:03

Let me check.
19:04

Is there any way you can tell if they are activated on my account?
19:10

I do apologise Steve, I search it now your concern because im a person have a apecific knowledge about the drone not totally in Goggles.

Thank you.
19:12

Your welcome.

So how do I get my goggles activated?
19:18

You type in WWW GOOGLE DOT COM and voila your "googles" are activated!

What a joke. I invest over $2000.00 in their products and I get some wise ass when trying to sort out issues with a product that was a pain to activate. No where did it mention that a specific version of DJI assistant was needed to activate them and come to find out several of the flight modes and features that were originally offered for the P4 are no longer available.

2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansbd8f59fd Posted at 2017-7-10 13:09
Hi  Worked it out ,myself - will post this just in case anyone else had to endure the frustration of trying to get it activated.  This worked for me and I am now using the goggles / viewing HDMI video feeds so it is a result.

This is how I got it to work on my Mac

Thank for sharing us with your experience, we're pleased to know you made it finally.
We just uploaded a tutorial as well for how to activate it, hope it helps others if needed.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans4455b37a Posted at 2017-7-10 16:38
I was finally able to get my goggles to activate after I uninstalled the iOS APP and reinstalled it. I performed a flight while connected to the APP, pulled the plug on the tablet, connected the goggles and the height limit was removed. Meanwhile here is brief chat with DJI Support. John Airan is worthless.

We feel sincerely sorry for the trouble you've been caused. Glad to know you activated it successfully.
May I know what e-mail address you used to contact online chat support? We'd love to look into it and do more training to improve ourselves to provide you more professional service.
2017-7-11
Use props
wholden
New
Dominican Republic

After going through the same frustrations, I discovered that you have to also install the Android tethering software on the MacBook Pro so you can Activate the DJI Goggles.
2017-8-17
Use props
Stevo Phantom 4
New

Australia

Ok after many sleepless nights and trawling the net I have found the solution for this issue. Step 1 go to this link which will give you the instructions needed to successfully download the latest Dji assistantant 2 software including the required drivers to your windows 8 or 10 pc. go to   forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/installing-cdc-drivers-windows-8-tut-t3001353[/url] write them down and follow the steps then when you restart your computer turn off the firewall and any antivirus software. Go to the dji site and under DJI goggles dowloads select the assistant 2 exe and download it then install it selecting install un signed driver each time the pop up window appears when finished launch the app and log in then start your goggles follow the on screen instructions (to activate) and connect to your pc it may take a minute but the pc will now recognise your goggles and launch them in DJI assistant. from here you can activate them and then upgrade to the latest firmware with no issues. Happy flying Steve
2017-10-4
Use props
palma
New
Flight distance : 20469 ft
Portugal

Hi, does anyone know how to cancel the 1st activation of the Dji Goggles to be activated by a new owner?
2017-12-28
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

I can't activate my brand new goggles. I did everything as suggested by DJI and it doesn't work. The DJI Assistant 2 doesn't see the goggles when I connect them to my PC. I tried with both versions of DJI Assistant 2 - the latest from the downloads section of the Phantom 4 Pro+ (DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0) and the earlier version from the downloads section of the DJI Goggles (DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6).
It's a nightmare. First I couldn't activate and fly the drone due to a problem with the DJI servers and now I can't activate the goggles. The quality of these products is a nightmare...
Do you know what I can to do activate the DJI Goggles?
2018-1-4
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

I could find some errors which occurred during the installation of the drivers.
The installation of the drivers in a command window happens very quickly and it's difficult to see if any errors occurred during it.
I managed to make some screenshots where the errors are visible:

The errors occurred during the installation of the following drivers:
- dji_vcom_driver11.inf
- Vision_(Interface_3).inf
- android_winusb.inf

I use Windows 8.1.

@DJI: did you test your software on Windows 8.1?
2018-1-4
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

fans02ad9544 Posted at 2018-1-4 21:29
I could find some errors which occurred during the installation of the drivers.
The installation of the drivers in a command window happens very quickly and it's difficult to see if any errors occurred during it.
I managed to make some screenshots where the errors are visible:

Let me know how you make out, on my second pair of goggles and same issue with both. This is an absolute waste of time.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

@DJI: Do you have any idea how your goggles can be activated on Windows 8.1?  
2018-1-5
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

fans02ad9544 Posted at 2018-1-5 15:30
@DJI: Do you have any idea how your goggles can be activated on Windows 8.1?

Yes, please update the DJI software for the Assistant and provide a link. We don't need more things to try or tell us to disable our firewall. Not really interested either what others have done, or what worked for others. If you're going to make us Activate to steal our browsing habits, at least give us spyware that doesn't render the product useless.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans76aaf72e
lvl.1
United States

fans02ad9544 Posted at 2018-1-5 15:30
@DJI: Do you have any idea how your goggles can be activated on Windows 8.1?

The latest version was just released and works on windows 10. It did not work on my 4 computers with 8.1.

5#

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 22:57
Then it may be the issue of DJI Assistant 2 or your computer, please try to install the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
Please make sure everything is installed successfully, if the problem persist, we recommend to try another computer for a brief troubleshooting, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
Collapse quote
I uninstalled the previous version of the DJI assistant 2 and installed the version you linked. Same issue. I then loaded it on new windows 10 laptop and the goggles activated as the DJI instructions indicate. It appears it still does not work on windows 8.1. The new version also contains Trojan viruses that are cleaned up by the anti virus (fortunately). I can't even begin to tell you how many hours are wasted trying to activate the goggles with bad software. DJI really needs to tell others having this issue what the problem is because the frustration level is very high when this simple task does not work. It is especially bad when the newest version released a few days ago activates the goggles per the instructions in just a few minutes (on windows 10 anyway). Thanks for the correct link but for the sake of others, please clean up your software or get rid of the activation requirement.  
2018-1-6
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

fans76aaf72e Posted at 2018-1-6 12:55
The latest version was just released and works on windows 10. It did not work on my 4 computers with 8.1.

5#

You have written:
"The new version also contains Trojan viruses that are cleaned up by the anti virus (fortunately)."
I have already installed the latest version v1.2.0  of the DJI Assistant 2 from the 2017-12-29 on Windows 8.1. It worries me that it contains Trojan viruses.

I still can't activate my goggles and I am quite frustrated. It isn't a cheap product. I still can't use them!

I don't have any laptop with Windows 10.

@DJI:
- How can I clean up my laptop from the viruses from your software?  
- How can I activate the DJI goggles on Windows 8.1?
2018-1-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules