Mavic vidéo stutter - storage speed?
984 3 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I noticed video playback from files on my NAS copied from the SD card were stuttering. I thought the NAS was running a fast enough array, but when I copied it onto the local m.2 SSD, the 4K 30Hz video played back smoothly.
I wonder if people who were having problems with 4K video from the Mavic have a bottleneck somewhere preventing smooth playback rather than due to the video camera.
2017-5-24
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Stuttering is a common problem in some older cell phones that don't support native 4k.  I think that's mostly due to the amount of processing necessary to down-convert 4K to 720p.  It's also been noted that some of the slower SD cards don'r work well in the Mavic, presumably due to too-slow writing speed.  What is the configuration (RAID level) and type of drives (SATA,SCSI, etc) in you NAS and what is your network speed.
2017-5-24
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Running RAID 5/BTRF with 5 drives in a Synology 1513+ with WD SE drives, and 802.1ad using dual Gigabit uplink to the switch (Netgear 16 port SmartSwitch), but connection to desktop is only single gigabit.

But the SSD is faster, being a Samsung m.2 950 Pro, and what was stuttering was smooth.
2017-5-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

It is probably bad buffering over network. Try https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/

Im almost sure it will play smooth then.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules