Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Washington Stakepark Brooklyn NY Park Slope (Mavic Pro)
1629 33 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

So I was flying my drone and asked some kids if I could record them. I used active track to film them. And it works pretty well. Tell me what you think. I'd love some hardcore judgement I can take it lol. Just trying to improve my Adobe skill lol. So Enjoy!

Thank You
2017-5-24
Use props
PanaceaBeachBum
lvl.2
United States

Great video, looks like a really neat park.  flying a quad in NYC, internet  drone police in 3....2....1  LOL
2017-5-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

PanaceaBeachBum Posted at 2017-5-24 06:00
Great video, looks like a really neat park.  flying a quad in NYC, internet  drone police in 3....2....1  LOL

It's funny they can say what they want. I've been holding most of my videos back from this forum. But I come to the point. Where I don't give a certain I don't want to use and get banned lol. So let them say what they want lol.

But anyway, Thank you!! It was my first time color grading something. Still learning a lot.
2017-5-24
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

fansf250a652 Posted at 2017-5-24 06:58
This is the Internet Drone Police, will let you go with a warning this time. lol

Good job on grading but keep an eye on the AF.

What is AF? Do you mean Auto Focus? I've been having so much trouble with manual focus.
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Not so much about the technical end of it. That was some good stuff filming the skaters and the post work. I did see some underexposure in 4k. The manual focus is the way to go.

What works here is tilt the gimbal around 45, and then do a center focus. Should be fairly clear strait down then if you stay that altitude. I don't like the auto shutter on horizon stuff, but down- it does a good job pointed at the ground imo.
2017-5-24
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Liked the timelapse bit, would have liked to have seen some low down shots, tracking alongside the skaters at their level. Feels a bit odd always floating around above...

Looking forward to your next vids.

2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-24 10:20
What is AF? Do you mean Auto Focus? I've been having so much trouble with manual focus.

Hover the AC start recording and then tap the screen to manual focus. I always tap when I start shooting.
2017-5-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-24 10:42
Liked the timelapse bit, would have liked to have seen some low down shots, tracking alongside the skaters at their level. Feels a bit odd always floating around above...

Looking forward to your next vids.

Hahaha Thank You! I said the same exact thing. But the skateboarders were tired. And I couldn't coordinate them to not run into the drone at such a low height. Would of been dangerous in my opinion. I blame the "talent" on this one lol jk. I've noticed that I need to mix up those low shots. I was worried about the drone most of the time lol. Especially that low. I need a Osmo to mix it up. Maybe for my birthday.
2017-5-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-24 10:43
Hover the AC start recording and then tap the screen to manual focus. I always tap when I start shooting.

It's not that I don't know to use it. It's just that too many times I've gone for a flight and everything look in focus to find out that everything wasn't in focus in post lol
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-24 13:10
Hahaha Thank You! I said the same exact thing. But the skateboarders were tired. And I couldn't coordinate them to not run into the drone at such a low height. Would of been dangerous in my opinion. I blame the "talent" on this one lol jk. I've noticed that I need to mix up those low shots. I was worried about the drone most of the time lol. Especially that low. I need a Osmo to mix it up. Maybe for my birthday.

Got a osmo mobile for my wife. It's close to perfect except it stops recording every once in while! The tracking is really good on it though.

Yeah what you going to do with the talent. Like when I'm stalking bathrooms, sometimes a fat guy comes out
2017-5-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-24 10:34
Not so much about the technical end of it. That was some good stuff filming the skaters and the post work. I did see some underexposure in 4k. The manual focus is the way to go.

What works here is tilt the gimbal around 45, and then do a center focus. Should be fairly clear strait down then if you stay that altitude. I don't like the auto shutter on horizon stuff, but down- it does a good job pointed at the ground imo.

I'll give MF one more chance. But man it gives me so much trouble. Like I said above. There are times it looks great on my phone... and then either mid flight or after. I notice it out of focus lol. Even pictures come out looking terrible. Drives me crazy lol

But on the subject of exposure, It's something I have a hard time with.
Thank you!
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-24 13:09
It's not that I don't know to use it. It's just that too many times I've gone for a flight and everything look in focus to find out that everything wasn't in focus in post lol

I hear you man. That is why I always tap before every picture and every video. When you look at the screen it ALWAYS in focus. that is why I always say keep an eye on it!
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-24 13:25
I'll give MF one more chance. But man it gives me so much trouble. Like I said above. There are times it looks great on my phone... and then either mid flight or after. I notice it out of focus lol. Even pictures come out looking terrible. Drives me crazy lol

But on the subject of exposure, It's something I have a hard time with.

Yeah it can pay off. The photos, tried too, everything manual but couldn't get anything that didn't need some post work done.
2017-5-24
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

not really depends where in nyc u are except manhattan of course. not impossible but also not many places unfortunately. i really don't want to have to travel to new jersey just to fly my drone thats just rediculous
2017-5-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-5-24 17:57
not really depends where in nyc u are except manhattan of course. not impossible but also not many places unfortunately. i really don't want to have to travel to new jersey just to fly my drone thats just rediculous

I think people think like this NYC Gun laws = Drone Laws.  But they are far away from each other.
2017-5-25
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

Seriously.
2017-5-25
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-25 09:35
I think people think like this NYC Gun laws = Drone Laws.  But they are far away from each other.

true but legally there really isnt many places according to the faa rules or guidelines. which sucks. i've flown all over staten island, its getting boring now. and brooklyn/queens is much harder to fly because of the airports theres not many non nfz areas because of the airports so not too many places for me to fly over there. i suppose the bay ridge up to williamsburg area is ok but i'm never in those areas really when i'm at work. i'm mostly in queens for work. id love to fly over flushing meadows park but i think thats pushing it when it comes to nfz. way too close to lga
2017-5-25
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-5-25 19:23
true but legally there really isnt many places according to the faa rules or guidelines. which sucks. i've flown all over staten island, its getting boring now. and brooklyn/queens is much harder to fly because of the airports theres not many non nfz areas because of the airports so not too many places for me to fly over there. i suppose the bay ridge up to williamsburg area is ok but i'm never in those areas really when i'm at work. i'm mostly in queens for work. id love to fly over flushing meadows park but i think thats pushing it when it comes to nfz. way too close to lga

There are many place to fly your drone at. Just got to be smart about it. And make trips out of it.
2017-5-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-26 06:01
There are many place to fly your drone at. Just got to be smart about it. And make trips out of it.

any places you can recommend?
2017-5-26
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

you are prohibited from flying a remote aircraft anywhere in the 5 boroughs of New York City.
2017-5-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

Bond006 Posted at 2017-5-26 17:59
you are prohibited from flying a remote aircraft anywhere in the 5 boroughs of New York City.

there are model plane fields in staten island and brooklyn so i doubt that
2017-5-26
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Nice work man.  Great music.  That pan out you did with the spin looked really good in the beginning of the movie.  
2017-5-26
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-5-26 18:21
there are model plane fields in staten island and brooklyn so i doubt that

model airplanes are constructed off some form of Styrofoam, these remote aircraft are commercial grade plastic, a majour difference.  If I was in NYC, I would fly anyway ( I used to live in Clinton Hills, Brooklyn, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and Bayswater, Queens for decades though).
2017-5-26
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Bond006 Posted at 2017-5-26 22:46
model airplanes are constructed off some form of Styrofoam, these remote aircraft are commercial grade plastic, a majour difference.  If I was in NYC, I would fly anyway ( I used to live in Clinton Hills, Brooklyn, Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and Bayswater, Queens for decades though).

Like i said wake up people.  If you don't live here.  Stop talking about it like you know lol.  Today was a great example.  I was in propect park flying super low (for me)a friend and i were playing with active track. Someone crashed in the bike lane. Police came by SEVERAL TIMES. They never said anything to me.  My gf says i worry too much.  Because I'm not doing anything wrong.  The most someone could ask is that i bring it down.  
2017-5-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-26 18:33
Nice work man.  Great music.  That pan out you did with the spin looked really good in the beginning of the movie.

Thanks man!  My gf seems to hate any spins i put in my videos lol.  Thanks for noticing!
2017-5-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-5-26 17:23
any places you can recommend?

I fly every where.  I do stay away from Manhattan.  I don't crazy with distance.  I've never flown it more then .2 miles away lol. One thing i like to do is Fly it over my head (feet 400) as i walk.  I'm not saying fly in Manhattan.  I'm just saying try it out and fly around. People get too right.  And know nothing about our city lol.   
2017-5-27
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-27 19:16
Like i said wake up people.  If you don't live here.  Stop talking about it like you know lol.  Today was a great example.  I was in propect park flying super low (for me)a friend and i were playing with active track. Someone crashed in the bike lane. Police came by SEVERAL TIMES. They never said anything to me.  My gf says i worry too much.  Because I'm not doing anything wrong.  The most someone could ask is that i bring it down.

and fine you like the teacher that flew her drone in the US Open in Flushing.  She was placed under custody for "reckless endangerment" for flying illegally in NYC and fined several thousands dollars.
You want to take that chance that a Law Enforcement officer may this time actually do something.    Sorry mate, NYC ordinance says it is Illegal.  Ask Case Neistat that, he is in BIG trouble not only with the city but also with the FAA.   Besides that the Video is great and yes, I would fly myself if I was still in NYC (I left in 1996), nobody is telling me what I can and cannot do especially if I am not hurting or endangering anybody.
2017-5-27
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Bond006 Posted at 2017-5-27 21:18
and fine you like the teacher that flew her drone in the US Open in Flushing.  She was placed under custody for "reckless endangerment" for flying illegally in NYC and fined several thousands dollars.
You want to take that chance that a Law Enforcement officer may this time actually do something.    Sorry mate, NYC ordinance says it is Illegal.  Ask Case Neistat that, he is in BIG trouble not only with the city but also with the FAA.   Besides that the Video is great and yes, I would fly myself if I was still in NYC (I left in 1996), nobody is telling me what I can and cannot do especially if I am not hurting or endangering anybody.

Yea sure man.... DJI had 2 event in NYC Mavic and Spark. Don't fly here then. They still sell it in every store.  And Casey in  trouble because he made money off his videos.  Which would make him Pro without a 107 license.  So yea if your caught breaking rules like flying over huge events.Yup you deserve it.  But if your flying at low levels.  How could anyone get mad at you.  The Spark couldn't be sold here.  Me.... I'm poor man. But a smart one.  I don't fly over 400 and don't fly in crowded areas.  Videos like the above should be positive. Not looked at so negatively.
2017-5-28
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-27 19:16

i'm more paranoid about all the drop out of sky horror stories i read lol i dont have the same confidence with this as i did with the phantom

"and fine you like the teacher that flew her drone in the US Open in Flushing.  She was placed under custody for "reckless endangerment" for flying illegally in NYC and fined several thousands dollars. "

obviously that's an idiot and i can see manhattan being off limits but not the other boroughs depending on how far away you are from the airports
2017-5-28
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-27 19:21
I fly every where.  I do stay away from Manhattan.  I don't crazy with distance.  I've never flown it more then .2 miles away lol. One thing i like to do is Fly it over my head (feet 400) as i walk.  I'm not saying fly in Manhattan.  I'm just saying try it out and fly around. People get too right.  And know nothing about our city lol.

true but i too worry too much lol most i've had it was a mile from calvert vaux park to coney island lol
2017-5-28
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-5-28 18:01
true but i too worry too much lol most i've had it was a mile from calvert vaux park to coney island lol

I'd stay away from Coney Island maybe when it's closed I'd go fly there. But when it's open with tons of people I'd stay away from there.  There was a guy who got fined for flying his drone over his head during the hot dog eating contest.
But with the Spark out. I wonder what police will do when someone is just trying to take a selfie picture with their friends. Then what? Your arresting and fining someone who flew a drone 10 off the ground. Sounds backwards if you ask me.
2017-5-30
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-5-30 05:39
I'd stay away from Coney Island maybe when it's closed I'd go fly there. But when it's open with tons of people I'd stay away from there.  There was a guy who got fined for flying his drone over his head during the hot dog eating contest.
But with the Spark out. I wonder what police will do when someone is just trying to take a selfie picture with their friends. Then what? Your arresting and fining someone who flew a drone 10 off the ground. Sounds backwards if you ask me.

yeah i hear that. i flew it around nov-dec at coney. and that's rediculous if they fine someone for flying a drone 10ft off the ground.
2017-6-3
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-6-3 14:19
yeah i hear that. i flew it around nov-dec at coney. and that's rediculous if they fine someone for flying a drone 10ft off the ground.

It happen again this weekend. I was flying around. And these cops were  in my area for another problem. And they didn't say a word to me. They just kind of watched from a distance and didn't approach me at all.
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules