1331 7 2014-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gaujb
New

France

Hello Dji friends

First time on the forum...

I have my Dji Phantom 2 and my Zenmuse H3-3D for 3 days.
Everythings works fine and I'm very happy, I fly with care and safe.

I had one problem this morning and the consequence could have been very bad if I didn't fly safe:

I was flying low (3 meters high approx). Shooting my parents house from the garden.
No problem, steady on GPS mode, 20 percent charge of the battery (this was my last shoot).
Suddenly the Dji went up fast, like the "return to home" mode has begun.
Absolutely no control of my Dji.

Problem is that there is a tree up there.
You know the end of the story: tree and crash from approx 5 meters...

This is solid stuff, just one propeller break, and it is still fly well, calibration of the compass is fine etc...

This is not the same thing for the Zenmuse.
It seem that It didn't like the fall at all and don't work anymore. can't reset it and drive crazy when I start the Dji...

2 questions:

1-Do you know what the reason for the Dji to act like that (like it was on "Failsafe" but It wasn't)
2-What could I do to fix my Zenmuse, I tried lot of advise found on internet...

It's like I'am in a dead end street...

Thank you very much for your attention
2014-10-11
Use props
gaujb
New

France

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=992717photo2.jpg%5D[/URL][/img]
2014-10-11
Use props
gaujb
New

France

[url=%5BURL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=992717photo2.jpg%5D[/URL]][/url]
2014-10-11
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

To answer your first question, the newer Phantoms have an intelligent return home feature that will calculate the amount of battery power needed to return home safely. So when you got close to just enough power to get home(yellow lights), the Return Home feature kicked in to take you back. Critical (rapid red lights) is usually not enough to get you back and will start to auto descend.
You can turn Failsafe feature off but I'd highly recommend keeping it on.

As for the Zenmuse, the Phantoms are tanks so they can take a hit but our precious gimbals are a different story. I bent mine up a bit like yours from a 4 foot drop in soft grass. I just wrapped the bent end with a soft cloth and used pliers to straighten it out. Looks and flies good as new.

I would try that first. If you're lucky, the only damage is the plate and not the motors. I was able to bend mine back without removing the plastic clips but in your case you may need to remove those first.

Also..keep in mind those clear plastic clips are not made for coming off..You'll need to use small wire cutters to snip the top off to remove them.
You could either use the extras they came with or use some zipties and apply them loosely..a lot of folks do that.

The pins get in the way of the GoPro when it turns too so I may be removing mine anyway.

2014-10-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

United States

Hi gaujb, please contact your dealer and send the Phantom back for check and repair.
Yes, like Cloud said, the probelm may cuased by the Low Battery Auto Go Home feature.
2014-10-13
Use props
gaujb
New

France

Thank you very much to you to.

@Cloud9: unfortunately the motor is damaged and useless now, and I discovered that after bending back the gimbal (store of my life)....
My Failsafe mode is set on 15 percent of battery so I'm quite sure it wasn't that (I was on 20, so I decided to shoot a last one...).

Could the problem be that I was flying to close to a house and the structure of the building interfered with my signal?
That what my dealer say and I'm very disappointed by their reaction...
Moreover as I'm planning to shoot buildings to repair with my Dji I'm not very confident with that...

And I agree with you, there's no way I would turn off "Failsafe mode" because I'm a safety first guy (and I can't afford to buy a 2nd Phantom...).
And for the plastic pin problem I saw that on another forum and you're right this is clever (from user, not from Dji Corporation...)
Very nice product nevertheless...

@Dji Sophie: As I say my dealer (authorized dealer) answer me that it was because of the interferences due to the building, It's very hard to understand because I was about 3 meters from the aircraft...
So I buy another gimbal H3 3D...

I'm sorry for late answer, but I thank you for your quick ones.

Wish you very good end of the year parties!
2014-12-29
Use props
christopher.p.s
lvl.1

United States

[/quote][quote]My Failsafe mode is set on 15 percent of battery so I'm quite sure it wasn't that (I was on 20, so I decided to shoot a last one...).

Does that mean you were already flying and decided to continue or did you make a conscious decision to take off for one last shot with 20% remaining?
2014-12-29
Use props
gaujb
New

France

I decided to make a one last shot with 20 percent yes, already flying...
I certainly don't want to take off with that much battery level.
A shot which would have last 30 sec max yes.
2014-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules