Home / SPARK /
1737 10 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans543b9343
New
Flight distance : 3638 ft
United States

Will the SPARK keep a user from flying in a NFZ in USA?
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Yes it will with it's new REALTIME updated GEO that comes wit the new updated DJI GO4 that is coming this at the end of this week.
2017-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Same as all AC.
2017-5-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-24 10:49
Yes it will with it's new REALTIME updated GEO that comes wit the new updated DJI GO4 that is coming this at the end of this week.

REALTIME updated GEO?  Don't think so. The only thing realtme is the AC location. The GEO maps are not realtime.  i.e. a network connection is not required when flying.
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-24 11:56
REALTIME updated GEO?  Don't think so. The only thing realtme is the AC location. The GEO maps are not realtime.  i.e. a network connection is not required when flying.

That is what I thought I heard in the live event this morning. I might be wrong!
2017-5-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-24 12:34
That is what I thought I heard in the live event this morning. I might be wrong!

Updated, for sure - at the time a new App update is authenticated.  But since no internet connection is required to fly, there is no mechanism for either acquiring realtime GEO boundaries or reporting drone position.  Although the boundaries are being re-defined, they're not in a constant state of change.  The only exception may be special events or circumstances that most pilots receive via NOTAMs,  If you use an app like B4UFLY, you can get up-to-date information about your flying location.  

My best guess - and it's only a guess - is that DJI just wants to make sure that current GEO-FENCING  has been applied to the software.  Just doing due-diligence in the event one of their drones falls on the White House lawn :-)
2017-5-25
Use props
fans543b9343
New
Flight distance : 3638 ft
United States

So if you're anywhere close to DC you can't even have the spark take off
2017-5-26
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why I will not be getting another DJI Drone.  Where I live my P4 and my mavic is basically a piece of furniture near my computer unless I venture miles from my home to fly them.  In my opinion; because of NFZ restrictions (which I understand to a degree) represents the best reason not to invest in a Drone.
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-25 05:57
Updated, for sure - at the time a new App update is authenticated.  But since no internet connection is required to fly, there is no mechanism for either acquiring realtime GEO boundaries or reporting drone position.  Although the boundaries are being re-defined, they're not in a constant state of change.  The only exception may be special events or circumstances that most pilots receive via NOTAMs,  If you use an app like B4UFLY, you can get up-to-date information about your flying location.  

My best guess - and it's only a guess - is that DJI just wants to make sure that current GEO-FENCING  has been applied to the software.  Just doing due-diligence in the event one of their drones falls on the White House lawn :-)

I was right about them updating NFZ IN REALTIME.

That is now included in the new firmware 4.1:

-Added a feature that allows no-fly zones to update in real time.
2017-5-26
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

ALLOWS but does not REQUIRE.  You can still fly any DJI drone without an internet connection  i.e. without a REALTIME update capability.  Are we talking symantics here?
2017-5-27
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

We are not talking about require. Once you are registered and using the new app, they might be tracking it now thru the GPS and updating it in realtime maybe that is why they want you to do additional registration.

Companies can track your phone even if you are in airplane mode???
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules