What threadlocker to use for phantom 3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans516b91ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3914 ft

Lithuania

Hello, I will be trying to fix my cracking shell soon. But before that I want to find some sort of threadlocker so I could use it to secure screws in place. I heard that loctite 243 will damage the shell. I want to be extra careful and find the one who won't damage the shell. Maybe someone found any reliable products and tried them?

P.S. I don't want to use anything that could damage the plastic. I want to avoid anything that could damage plastic.
2017-5-25
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

None in my opinion iv'e never had a screw that tended to loosen.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans516b91ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3914 ft

Lithuania

Propwash Posted at 2017-5-25 03:00
None in my opinion iv'e never had a screw that tended to loosen.

Won't the screws get loose over time? Since those screws directly hold the motors in place
2017-5-25
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

fans516b91ad Posted at 2017-5-25 03:20
Won't the screws get loose over time? Since those screws directly hold the motors in place

I can only answer that from my personnel experience with the oldest drone i have which is P3 pro( purchased on its initial release)  have never had any screws working loose same applies to P2 vision + over 18 month use.The application of loctite etc could become a problem when and if there is a need to do any maintenance on the craft only my personnel opinion.
2017-5-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The problem is that you (and we) don't know what chemical effect a threadlocker will have on the plastic. Some compounds drastically weaken plastic. But in any event, the screws used by DJI are designed to fasten to plastic and they do not see any reason to use a threadlocker, so I would take my cue from that.
2017-5-25
Use props
remondo45
New

Netherlands

Hello everyone. I am completely new to the DJI and Phantom world as I just bought my P3A second hand (yay!!). I noticed that it has the typical stress cracks at the bottom of arms.  I already ordered reinforcement plates, and have just spent the past day reading up on the whole threadlocker issue. I found something called Vibra-Tite VC3 (https://www.vibra-tite.com/produ ... te-vc-3-threadmate/). They claim it is reusable, and that it works well with metal, wood and plastic. The part that I am not 100% sure about is the compatibility table at the bottom of the page, as I have no clue what plastic the P3's body/frame is made of. Can any of you tell whether or not this stuff is usable as a threadlocker on the phantom?
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules