My Worst Fear Came True Dealing with DJI
1339 8 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5085 ft
Malaysia

To be frank, I initially really hesitated to deal with this company from China, wondering how would be their product quality, what kind of service I will get when things go wrong.  So headed to their US competitor. Before fully decided to purchase their competitor product, I was impressed with Mavic. So I bought it.

But the happiness does not last long and my biggest fear came true. How I am going to deal with them. There is a problem with the device, so went to chat, it seems that the support guy doesnt know much about the topic, and just went thru the standard checklist. My RC has some sound problem during booting and he asked me to check the SD card in Mavic. (maybe there is some linkages, not sure, but it’s a bit weird). At the end he cannot tell what is wrong, and he ask me to do compass calibration etc, but again, all this for for my remote sound problem? And Finally asked me to send the device to them.

Received the case number after a week roughly trying to get it sorted. Went to https://repair.dji.com/en/customer/ProductFormRegister to carry out the registration, as requested.

Bang, another problem. The website is not functioning as it should (maybe in my region, not sure, but tested with different pc and still the same problem). - pic attached. The website didnt know that the verification code has been requested, and when I enter the verification code, it shows get verification code first.

Ok Online chat, to tell my problem. Fair enough, its website problem and the online support ask me to wait for 1 to 2 days for the verification code to arrive. But once I clicked the acquire button, the count-down gives max 2 minutes for the verification code sent to be entered. How on earth I can enter the verification code after 1 or 2 days.

So the support guy told me, a case number has been open and people will contact me in 1 to 2 days to fix the website issues. So now I have 2 problems.

Now I learned a hard lesson.

Thanks DJi and hope one day there will be a good company that I can deal with more confidently.

web.png
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our product and service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better. Just checked your case , could you please refer to the link below to download the repair application form, fill out this form, then send the drone to us with it .  And then PM us the tracking number, we'll add it to the case.  http://www.dji.com/service/policy  
2017-5-25
Use props
bmbk
lvl.3
Germany

Do I need to send the drone as well or just the remote ?
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bmbk Posted at 2017-5-25 16:39
Do I need to send the drone as well or just the remote ?

Given the information provided, it would be recommended to send both. If the aircraft seems to work fine in WiFi mode or using another RC, then you could just send the RC.
2017-5-25
Use props
bmbk
lvl.3
Germany

Shipped Via DHL, Tracking numbed PMed.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

bmbk Posted at 2017-5-25 19:04
Shipped Via DHL, Tracking numbed PMed.

Thanks, will help you add the info to your case.
Should you need any further help, please feel free to let us know, thanks for your support!
2017-5-26
Use props
bmbk
lvl.3
Germany

Dear DJI

Thanks for your beautiful words, nothing help. My remote arrived at Hong Kong DJi on Monday morning. Now Thursday and like 4 days and its not even updated in system and dont what is happening.

Went to your chat, as usual standard answer, its in our facility and we will do the assessment. But not even updated in the http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace. Not only that, I was told me the repair will take 10 to 15 days. So with the intial waiting time 5 days, repair 15 days, shippement 5 days, misc, i foresee that i can get back my remote after 1 month on 3/7/2017.

And considering that, i want the warranty of my product to be extended for time loss with my device with you. Because its no longer a 12 months warranty as the device will be like 1 month with you.

If you are still working at this speed, can you please arrange to send back my remote and i will pay for that shipping cost. I will stick to that useless low quality Dji product.

Please dont reply with beautiful words without any action. I am tired of listening to that.

All i want to know now is tell me the exact date when i can get back the remote (after repair) for me to confirm the next step.
Dji.png
2017-5-31
Use props
fans47087081
lvl.2
Flight distance : 558 ft

I have had similar problems dealing with DJI, the staff answering the phones doesn't seem to be knowledgeable about any problems.  So I asked for a manager or supervisor that could maybe help me.  I had two issues, unlocking my mavic pro to fly in an authorized location about 60 miles from my home and I've provided all the information requested and it's been over two weeks since I emailed tech support to their flysafe email.  Second problem: I started calling DJI long before my original refresh care expired, but by the time I had extracted the right information from them my original refresh care had expired.

So the first rep told me and I quote, "unless you have had to used your original DJI refresh care you are not eligable for the refresh care +, secondly after several phone calls to their customer service and going bakc and forth I found my original receipt they say they needed and couldn't find, but by the time all the back and forth happened with their customer service the original refresh care had expired by 2 days, so I called back to ask they elevate the problem and was told that a supervisor would tell me the same thing, so there was not need to talk with a supervisor.  

So two problems have gone unresolved for on over two weeks-the refresh care + and unlocking an authorized zone, anyone experienced this level of frustration and haven't been able to resolve simple problems with DJI or got a different answer every time you emailed or spoke with someone.  So to date the only person I've been able to speak with is a customer service who only referred to their standard check list and they have not been able to resolve the issues
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans47087081 Posted at 2018-7-12 09:49
I have had similar problems dealing with DJI, the staff answering the phones doesn't seem to be knowledgeable about any problems.  So I asked for a manager or supervisor that could maybe help me.  I had two issues, unlocking my mavic pro to fly in an authorized location about 60 miles from my home and I've provided all the information requested and it's been over two weeks since I emailed tech support to their flysafe email.  Second problem: I started calling DJI long before my original refresh care expired, but by the time I had extracted the right information from them my original refresh care had expired.

So the first rep told me and I quote, "unless you have had to used your original DJI refresh care you are not eligable for the refresh care +, secondly after several phone calls to their customer service and going bakc and forth I found my original receipt they say they needed and couldn't find, but by the time all the back and forth happened with their customer service the original refresh care had expired by 2 days, so I called back to ask they elevate the problem and was told that a supervisor would tell me the same thing, so there was not need to talk with a supervisor.  

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer support, I see the NFZ has been unlocked, your experience of DJI Care Refresh+ will be escalated to the appropriate department to investigate and follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules