964 9 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

I have a P3 with a soft case and will be gong from the USA to the UK -
I know I would have to check the battery's in with my suite case in fireproof case, but would they let me carry the P3 on board ?
Thanks for any help
2017-5-25
Use props
gixxer_rydder
lvl.1
United States

Definitely should be able to. Just secure it in a bag properly to prevent damage and you'll be fine. Enjoy the trip.
2017-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"I know I would have to check the battery's in with my suite case in fireproof case"

You'd better check again because that is wrong.
Go to the airline's website and search for batteries or lithium to see their policy on batteries.
It won't say anything about fireproof anything.
But will tell you that you must NOT put the batteries in your checked luggage.
Batteries have to be carried in your carry-on luggage with you.
2017-5-25
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Thank You  All
2017-5-25
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Just to add I know the P3 won't be a problem but the Batteries might be a problem ? you know what you can do with 3 batteries that size  (not good) I will check  with the airlines - think I might have to mail them  
Thanks Again
2017-5-25
Use props
poltergeist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173409 ft
United States

I just returned from a trip (Domestic US) with no airline problems. Mine was in a backpack with 2 batteries in the overhead storage, don't try to put it under the seat in front of you, it's too likely to be daaged if you do. They won't let you check it because of the batteries.
2017-6-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

"Can I Take My P3 on a Airplain ?"

Dunno ... don't know what an "Airplain" is ......

Nigel
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Taking it on an airplane wouldn't be an issue, really. The one stipulation is that LiPos have to be carry on luggage and not check in. Most just include the aircraft in with the carry on luggage as well.
2017-6-1
Use props
marvzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

Flew with mine late last year and had no issues. Just went through security like it was a backpack. Keep everything with you (especially batteries) on your carry on. You should not check in batteries.
2017-6-2
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Thanks
I found the answer in the DJI P3 Intelligent Flight Battery (Safety Guidelines)  Says you can take a I. F. B.  on airline as long as it is discharged & in a fireproof location.  Also be ware of the cheap knock I.F. Batteries
because most of them don't work in DJI GO App. when the time comes, I will only buy DJI I.F. Batteries & not the cheap knock offs.
Happy flying !
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules