Mavic Pro firmware upgrade problems
6544 25 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1eea0aa8
New
Flight distance : 71706 ft
United States

I bought a Mavic pro on May 8. It didn't do the firmware update out of the box so I went ahead and started flying it. I've tried to update about two or three times a week since that point.

Obviously, with the new Geo fencing and basically bricking of my drone coming down the pike I want to do the firmware upgrade. I've tried via computer, via the controller, I've tried to factory reset. I've tried standing on my head on Sunday at 3:03am.  Nothing seems to work.

I wonder in reading the forum, that if this thing is so finicky to upgrade if it's even worth having. I invested around $1500 in extra accessories and such when I bought the Mavic and I can't do a simple thing like upgrade the firmware.

And now, as a corporation they're going to brick my drone basically? Is this even LEGAL?  

I've called support and they want to repair it, however I've heard that takes upwards of two weeks if not longer. This is a problem that happened right out of the box. It's not like I've been flying for a year on this and not trying and not looking for solutions.

You guys have any ideas? I'm thinking about just taking it back to Best Buy.
2017-5-25
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Have you used DJI Assistant 2?  You can use that to see if you have the latest firmware update.  Also, you can use your menu on the dji go4 app to check.  Just press the ... spot on the top right of the display to enter the menu, then the ... at the bottom, scroll to bottom to "about"  You will then see app version, firmware version, remote controller firmware version, and mavic firmware version.  The RC and mavic have to be turned on.  The DJI Assistant 2 can update to newer firmware.  The manual and a dji video tutorial can tell you how.  I usually hook up usb to RC and then let it connect to the drone, so I do them both at one time.  Otherwise you can do each individually.  Hope this helps
2017-5-25
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94892 ft
United States

I have the same problem and have found a solution, I have been trying to get the moderators attention to help. DJI Natalia is a mod on here who has helped others with this exact same problem.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans1eea0aa8
New
United States

I said forget it and I just took it back to Best Buy to see if this drone will be better.

I'll let you know.  However am I reading correctly that if you stay on the older firmware they won't lock you down?
2017-5-25
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

DJI Thor solved the problem for me in this thread recently.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-97251-1-2.html
2017-5-25
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Well I have PMed Natalia and Thor who have both been fixing this issues for people. Hopefully someone gets back to me. I have been having this issue for a long time.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RedRaptor Posted at 2017-5-25 14:23
Well I have PMed Natalia and Thor who have both been fixing this issues for people. Hopefully someone gets back to me. I have been having this issue for a long time.

I received your PM, will help you handle it soon, please upgrade it later, hope it works.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1eea0aa8 Posted at 2017-5-25 12:28
I said forget it and I just took it back to Best Buy to see if this drone will be better.

I'll let you know.  However am I reading correctly that if you stay on the older firmware they won't lock you down?

Sorry for the issue on your Mavic, I could try to help you on upgrading issue if you have not sent it back to the dealer.
Hope you receive the new one soon and enjoy the flying.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, thanks.
2017-5-26
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-26 01:10
I received your PM, will help you handle it soon, please upgrade it later, hope it works.

Sounds good, I will be awaiting your instructions
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RedRaptor Posted at 2017-5-26 06:56
Sounds good, I will be awaiting your instructions

You can upgrade it through Assistant 2 directly.
Here is the instruction:
1. Downgrade the firmware V01.03.0350.
2. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to 600 and 700, it will be working.
2017-5-26
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Looking good, thanks for your support!
2017-5-27
Use props
fans1eea0aa8
New
United States

Can you help me get authorized? He continues to say server busy. Not cool.
IMG_5301.PNG
IMG_5300.PNG
2017-5-27
Use props
fans1eea0aa8
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-26 19:58
You can upgrade it through Assistant 2 directly.
Here is the instruction:
1. Downgrade the firmware V01.03.0350.

I don't know how to PM people.  DJI Natalia I'm at the end of my rope with DJI here.  I couldn't upgrade do I can't get authorized in yellow area.  I'm about to take this thing back.  
2017-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1eea0aa8 Posted at 2017-5-27 12:58
I don't know how to PM people.  DJI Natalia I'm at the end of my rope with DJI here.  I couldn't upgrade do I can't get authorized in yellow area.  I'm about to take this thing back.

I am sorry to hear that.
Under my avator, you can see "Personal Message", click on it, you can message me.
2017-5-30
Use props
Talisa
lvl.1
Germany

Hi folks,
do you have any ideas to get the admins respond to PMs? I have the very same firmware issue than all other above and PMed Thor as well as Natalia to enbable me the .350 firmware. No answer so far. I'm hopping off into vaccation in 10 hours from now and would love to have my drone with poper firmware with me. Thx
Talisa
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Talisa Posted at 2017-8-13 22:53
Hi folks,
do you have any ideas to get the admins respond to PMs? I have the very same firmware issue than all other above and PMed Thor as well as Natalia to enbable me the .350 firmware. No answer so far. I'm hopping off into vaccation in 10 hours from now and would love to have my drone with poper firmware with me. Thx
Talisa

Hi Talisa, what error code you've got when you failed to upgrade the firmware via DJI Assistant 2?  You can PM me your DJI account email, but please also reply my post, then I'll get a reminder. Will be able to check your message in time.
2017-8-14
Use props
Talisa
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 00:02
Hi Talisa, what error code you've got when you failed to upgrade the firmware via DJI Assistant 2?  You can PM me your DJI account email, but please also reply my post, then I'll get a reminder. Will be able to check your message in time.

Hi Diana,

thx for caring on this. The error code is "undefined 0x020103".

Talisa
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Talisa Posted at 2017-8-14 03:56
Hi Diana,

thx for caring on this. The error code is "undefined 0x020103".

Got, please PM me with your DJI account email, I'll add the firmware to your DJI account.
2017-8-14
Use props
Talisa
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 23:16
Got, please PM me with your DJI account email, I'll add the firmware to your DJI account.

Hi Diana, sent the PM as requested. Any update on this?
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Talisa Posted at 2017-8-15 11:09
Hi Diana, sent the PM as requested. Any update on this?

I received your PMs, but I did not saw your DJI account email, could you please double check it? It should be an email address which you used to register the DJI account.
2017-8-15
Use props
Talisa
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-15 20:36
I received your PMs, but I did not saw your DJI account email, could you please double check it? It should be an email address which you used to register the DJI account.

Ok Account Details PMed.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Talisa Posted at 2017-8-15 22:37
Ok Account Details PMed.

Copy that, Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2017-8-15
Use props
Talisa
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-15 22:46
Copy that, Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11.

Hi Diana,
everything is set now and works properly. Thx fo your support. The adventure can continue non. Looking forward to bring nice shots and clips with me home from my São Tomé and Principe Trip.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Talisa Posted at 2017-8-16 06:07
Hi Diana,
everything is set now and works properly. Thx fo your support. The adventure can continue non. Looking forward to bring nice shots and clips with me home from my São Tomé and Principe Trip.

Glad to hear that, happy flying!  Wish you have a great time! Looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2017-8-19
Use props
Garreth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi newbie here. I have a mavic pro and have been using the controller along with my samsung S7 edge fine. Today however I get a message saying unsupported display using the app, any ideas?
2017-8-19
Use props
fans4c6a9621
lvl.1
Flight distance : 794 ft

United States

The trying to update for a month now
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules