Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-29 12:33
That's great! I know you would have been disappointed to send them back, so I'm glad to hear that you were able to identify a fix. It's strange that you'd have to reset them, but at least there was a simple solution. Thanks for the update.

Oh my gosh,
I flew them today with my Mavic Pro

Yup they are very cool and the color pops (finally) now. The only thing is the Mavic battery ran out before I was ready to stop LOL  

Anyway, I am not sure why they needed to be reset. I did have an issue with the latest FW not updating,,,  maybe this is what caused the problem..

Have you noticed they get very warm on your face which can cause the lens to get fogy ? I could just be me actually getting them to work and being sweaty in 89*F

Rich

PS did you update the FW using the DJI A2 software?
2017-5-29
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-29 11:50
Hi again DFY

I finally found a solution to my goggles. I did a reset and started over.

I've tried resetting them & they don't really do it:  Doing thru goggles "reset all" seems to do nothing but reset volume.  My Mavic remains linked & powering goggles again doesn't change anything.

Using Assistant fails to restore factory defaults every time I try, also.  

How do I really reset these goggles like the first time I took them out of the box?
2017-5-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-29 15:48
Oh my gosh,
I flew them today with my Mavic Pro

Have you noticed they get very warm on your face which can cause the lens to get foggy ?

No, I haven't had that happen, but I've seen at least one other person who mentioned the same problem. I flew with them for about two hours this morning with a 70F ambient temperature and another hour this afternoon in 85F and haven't had them fog up on me yet.

The only thing that I can think of that might explain the difference is that I'm a "mouth breather", which could be the reason I'm not having a problem. I know that when I used to scuba dive that my mask would get fogged up if I exhaled through my nose, so maybe the same thing is happening with these goggles.

PS. Did you update the FW using the DJI A2 software?

Yes, I updated the goggles' firmware to the latest version on the day I received them (May 23rd).

2017-5-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-5-29 16:29
I've tried resetting them & they don't really do it:  Doing thru goggles "reset all" seems to do nothing but reset volume.  My Mavic remains linked & powering goggles again doesn't change anything.

Using Assistant fails to restore factory defaults every time I try, also.  

In the settings menu of the goggles I hit the reset all (back to factory settings) and made sure that Eco mode is off.... that's for saving battery. That's what did it for my goggles.  And relinked the goggles to the Mavic Pro.  

Then I calibrated the IMU for the goggles again under the settings mode

All is working great now for me.

Rich
2017-5-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-29 16:50
Have you noticed they get very warm on your face which can cause the lens to get foggy ?

No, I haven't had that happen, but I've seen at least one other person who mentioned the same problem. I flew with them for about two hours this morning with a 70F ambient temperature and another hour this afternoon in 85F and haven't had them fog up on me yet.

I am a diver too

But a nose breather and I will work on this for sure.

I used DJI Assistant 2 software (latest version 1.102) but the goggles would fail the update everytime.  

Rich
2017-5-29
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-29 12:33
That's great! I know you would have been disappointed to send them back, so I'm glad to hear that you were able to identify a fix. It's strange that you'd have to reset them, but at least there was a simple solution. Thanks for the update.

Cool but way too obtrusive for my tastes.  Will be trying a brighter monitor and/or other googles/head-set less obtrusive.
2017-5-29
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

Netherlands

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-25 14:25
To be honest I didn't notice any light bleed on the sides at all until I saw your comments in another thread, which made me go back and look for the same problem in mine, but it just isn't there. I checked mine again just now and even with the goggles turned off the gap on the side lets in just a very tiny sliver of light. It's so small, in fact, that I'd be hard pressed to estimate how wide it is, but it's definitely far less than 20% of my field of vision and in fact probably less than 1% on each side.

I'm not sure if you were partly serious about having a narrow head, but since it can't be all that different from mine I'm wondering if maybe your goggles differ from mine in some way. I'd be interested to hear what other people are seeing with theirs and it may turn out that your head is perfectly normal and that it's mine that's unusual. And as far as the 50% brightness goes, I think I could go even lower and will experiment with that, but the truth is that I only picked that setting because I like round numbers. Of course, the two are closely connected so if you're eventually able to get a better "seal" then I'm guessing the brightness will become a non-issue for you as it is for me.

I do have a Hobbyist solution if your light leakage bothers you or anyone with a Narrow head having this problem ?  Just take a piece of round foam , just as firm as the sealing face piece on the goggles ,this will cause it to fit more snug to the contour of your Face / Head sealing the light gaps you can use small strips of to Velcro hold the foam in place , I done this many times before and still do it and it works flawlessly.
Cheer's DroneFlying   
2017-5-30
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

thanks for the review - been thinking about getting some,  u definately helped eased some concerns i had.
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-2 12:50
thanks for the review - been thinking about getting some,  u definately helped eased some concerns i had.

You're very welcome; I'm still happy with the goggles and I hope you will be too. The most common complaint about them seems to be the need that some people have for glasses that allow them to focus at the goggles' screen distance. I didn't mention that in my review because it's not a problem I've had, but I thought I should mention it so that you won't be surprised if it turns out that you do need glasses.
2017-7-2
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

The second step is already being probed here. This is a big step forward.
On Mavik put the second camera, synchronize the first and second cameras.
And two pictures, for each of our eyes,  send to the glasses 3D. We will see chic and informative images in these glasses.
So, as we see in the 3D applications for VR Box .
2017-7-26
Use props
Arthur Mak
lvl.1
Japan

Thanks for the review.   Definitely make me think about buying one.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules