127690 127690 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

White so I can add decal to it (and because it was also in stock when purchased it).
2017-12-16
Use props
fansdb3bc390
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

Sky blue because is my favorite color!!
2017-12-16
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Alpine White since it was the only color available at my local Target store. I like the color. Plus, with some awesome deals at Target on the day I bought it, I got the Spark (basic - not the Fly More bundle), Sandisk 32GB micro SD card, and extra battery for $351 (US) with tax.  So yeah, I'm happy with the Alpine White.
2017-12-17
Use props
fans2bc61b03
New
United Kingdom

I have alpine white because the others were not in stock at the time and I am impatient.
2017-12-18
Use props
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

Meadow Green, because I was thinking it would be the easiest to see. In some cases this is true while in others I think the lava red would be more visible. It's definitely been a fun little drone though.
2017-12-19
Use props
Ccolt1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289068 ft
United States

Red...just like the color and a little easier to see lol
2017-12-19
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-25 08:05
Of course the lava RED CLUB...and to scare the damn hawks around my area! Let's hope it will work. lol

And it's faster cos it's RED.....
2017-12-23
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-5-25 11:29
The colour should be interchangeable like the old Nokia phone covers. Don't like white? Swap the cover to black. Want some pattern? Swap with Navy camouflage cover. Big fan of Justin Bieber? Swap to a Justin Bieber cover. I will choose white because I only own white, grey or black things and they don't have grey or black.

The Spark is a Nokia phone with wings.....
2017-12-23
Use props
warrenski
lvl.4
South Africa

Alpine White because it's the only combo the store had for sale
2017-12-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-12-23 09:16
And it's faster cos it's RED.....

Red is pretty FAST  

Rich
2017-12-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

warrenski Posted at 2017-12-23 15:11
Alpine White because it's the only combo the store had for sale

Lots of sales right now!!!  

enjoy

Rich
2017-12-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-25 08:05
Of course the lava RED CLUB...and to scare the damn hawks around my area! Let's hope it will work. lol

Qustion:

Is it working, the red, against hawks?
2017-12-24
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I chose green, because even though I think the red one looks nicer, I live in an area with a lot of technophobes, and I felt the green one looked most toy-like. So far, so good!

I am thinking of putting some reflective tape on it to aid visibility in long grass, though. Not that I'm a bad pilot and likely to crash it, noooo....
2017-12-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-12-23 09:18
The Spark is a Nokia phone with wings.....

LOL that's funny
Thanks for making me smile   

Rich
2017-12-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-24 09:22
I chose green, because even though I think the red one looks nicer, I live in an area with a lot of technophobes, and I felt the green one looked most toy-like. So far, so good!

I am thinking of putting some reflective tape on it to aid visibility in long grass, though. Not that I'm a bad pilot and likely to crash it, noooo....

Actually  the Spark looks like a toy to most people and does not raise suspicion.

If I fly my Inspire 2, everyone is looking  

Rich
2017-12-24
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-24 12:12
Actually  the Spark looks like a toy to most people and does not raise suspicion.

If I fly my Inspire 2, everyone is looking  

Until you put it in sport mode and scare them to death.....
2017-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-12-26 06:24
Until you put it in sport mode and scare them to death.....

The Spark can really move out!!
Rich         
2017-12-26
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-26 09:50
The Spark can really move out!!
Rich

Actually, I got told off the other day while flying my Spark. The UK rules state that you should not fly within 50m of another person, vehicle or building and I do my best to adhere to that rule, but I live in a friendly area, and people often come up to me to ask me about the drone. Well, this lady came up to me and demanded to know what I was doing. I explained, and I said I'd land it if she didn't want it flying near her. She shook her head and said no, it wasn't the drone she was worried about- she said I wasn't wearing enough warm clothing and I was going to catch my death of cold!

It was oddly adorable!
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_yxfdr03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

Meadow green fly more
2017-12-26
Use props
djiuser_pJA0ILz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

Got the Sunrise Yellow for a couple reasons:

1. Easy to see

2. Yellow and the dark gray/black on the rest of the drone is a really sharp look

3. I'm from Pittsburgh so the colors match with our sports teams.
2017-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-26 10:56
Actually, I got told off the other day while flying my Spark. The UK rules state that you should not fly within 50m of another person, vehicle or building and I do my best to adhere to that rule, but I live in a friendly area, and people often come up to me to ask me about the drone. Well, this lady came up to me and demanded to know what I was doing. I explained, and I said I'd land it if she didn't want it flying near her. She shook her head and said no, it wasn't the drone she was worried about- she said I wasn't wearing enough warm clothing and I was going to catch my death of cold!

It was oddly adorable!

Thanks for sharing   I find that kindness to people with concerns usually always works for me. We have a nice group of neighbors too. I find that showing the camera view will ease their minds and sometimes they would want you to take some photos for them too.

All good

Rich
2017-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_pJA0ILz Posted at 2017-12-26 13:48
Got the Sunrise Yellow for a couple reasons:

1. Easy to see

Nice,  you can put the Steelers star on the top   

Rich
2017-12-26
Use props
WazzyP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20758 ft
South Africa

White was the only colour available
2017-12-26
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-26 20:10
Thanks for sharing   I find that kindness to people with concerns usually always works for me. We have a nice group of neighbors too. I find that showing the camera view will ease their minds and sometimes they would want you to take some photos for them too.

All good

The lady in question had just got her first ever smartphone, and was blown away by the Spark when I showed her the screen. I took a photo of her and her dog from the sky using it, and then said I'd email it to her. She was then even more amazed when I emailed it to her right there and then!

When people with dogs enter the park, I always take the drone straight up and out of harm's reach and then make sure they're ok with me flying it- that it won't scare their dogs and they don't mind me taking video or photos. So far, nobody has objected- but lots of people have wanted a look at the screen.

I think the Spark, especially the colourful or skinned ones, make great ambassadors for safe and respectful drone pilots. I had thought of getting a Mavic, but I felt its more aggressive look would have limited its usefulness for me.
2017-12-27
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-26 10:56

It was oddly adorable!

Sweet lady then. Permission to buzz the tower control..........
2017-12-27
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 02:31
The lady in question had just got her first ever smartphone, and was blown away by the Spark when I showed her the screen. I took a photo of her and her dog from the sky using it, and then said I'd email it to her. She was then even more amazed when I emailed it to her right there and then!

When people with dogs enter the park, I always take the drone straight up and out of harm's reach and then make sure they're ok with me flying it- that it won't scare their dogs and they don't mind me taking video or photos. So far, nobody has objected- but lots of people have wanted a look at the screen.

I often get people out walking coming up and saying - Where is it then ?? Does it have a camera ?? Never had a bad experience with the fickle British public yet. I always do my best to educate them before anything. Had quite a few saying - You need a licence for that then ?? - Nope, unless I'm getting paid to fly is always my answer. The older generation are the most impressed by what they can do with the rest just being curious.
2017-12-27
Use props
Kayaker
lvl.2

United States

It was the cheapest choice "Fly More Combo" on Amazon.
2017-12-27
Use props
Rbstansbury
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7579 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-25 20:58
I was thinking the same thing, they should offer different color tops that the user could change out. I am surprised they didn't have black too.

Rich

I wish they had a black or grey, would of been first choice but got white as best if I want to skin it
2017-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 02:31

Fantastic, I wish more people would publish these positive stories regarding the general public and interaction with our drones!
good job...
Thanks for sharing
Rich  
2017-12-27
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
United Kingdom

white and it will stay white as when its up in the air ( where it should be) i cant see it
2017-12-27
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-27 07:48
Fantastic, I wish more people would publish these positive stories regarding the general public and interaction with our drones!
good job...
Thanks for sharing

Without getting too political, I suspect it helps that I'm female. Sad, but true.
2017-12-27
Use props
Wave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157618 ft
United States

Alpine White because that is all my Employee Discount allowed for. That being said, I am looking for skins.
2017-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wave@Dave Posted at 2017-12-27 18:21
Alpine White because that is all my Employee Discount allowed for. That being said, I am looking for skins.

Welcome and have lots of fun flying   

Rich
2017-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 11:18
Without getting too political, I suspect it helps that I'm female. Sad, but true.

It is good to use our talents whatever they are!  :0

I use humor and funny things that come to mind to break the ice...
Rich
2017-12-27
Use props
Kandavu
lvl.2
Canada

White because that was the only option offered. Will personnalise it with reflective tape once it arrives.
2017-12-28
Use props
Kandavu
lvl.2
Canada

White because that was the only option offered. Will personnalise it with reflective tape once it arrives.
2017-12-28
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kandavu Posted at 2017-12-28 00:34
White because that was the only option offered. Will personnalise it with reflective tape once it arrives.

This brings me to a question, actually: does reflective tape effect the compass? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

I really really don't understand people who customise their drones with camoflage patterns!
2017-12-28
Use props
Emerald
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I didn't pick the White one because it would just get all dirty and look awful. Honestly if there was a Black option I would buy that in a heartbeat. DJI are you listening?
2017-12-28
Use props
Emerald
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-28 03:41
This brings me to a question, actually: does reflective tape effect the compass? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

I really really don't understand people who customise their drones with camoflage patterns!

Very likely no. It's just a thin layer of plastic (that's sticky too). Considering that the compasses you use for hiking/camping are inside much more plastic and still function very well, reflective tape shouldn't affect the compass at all.
2017-12-28
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Emerald Posted at 2017-12-28 07:04
Very likely no. It's just a thin layer of plastic (that's sticky too). Considering that the compasses you use for hiking/camping are inside much more plastic and still function very well, reflective tape shouldn't affect the compass at all.

Ah, good! I assumed that, being reflective, it must have some form of metal in it somewhere. Nice to know.
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules