Can not get Inspire 1 to move to travel mode
2017-5-25
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

do the arms raise and lower when flying?

if so then we know the motor is working.

place the Inspire on a smooth flat surface (tile floor, wood table, counter top) then move the switch around the RTH button up and down 4-5 times rather quickly
2017-5-25
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I had trouble doing this the other day.  The arms moved but it just reversed at the end and came back.   Turned out I wasn't on a smooth enough surface, when I moved to the marble tiles it worked first time.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Same problem, hard to lower to travel mode, most of times it lowers to much and then raise up.
Some times when it's going to travel mode and stays there, he doesn't fit to the case because the arms are too high.
Anyone have any suggestions ?
2017-5-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2017-5-28 01:15
Same problem, hard to lower to travel mode, most of times it lowers to much and then raise up.
Some times when it's going to travel mode and stays there, he doesn't fit to the case because the arms are too high.

Stand it on top of its case and try again, if it is sitting on a soft surface like grass or carpet the sensors don't work too well.

Mark G.
2017-5-28
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2017-5-28 01:15

I  have found the best surface to enter travel mode is on a hard wood floor , if you  have one try that , also as Mark says the Case can be used .

Just make sure you are on a hard level surface and that the camera is removed.  also make sure the surface has a bit of contrast for the VPS sensor to recognize.  That is why a Hard-wood floor works well it has some grains and character in the wood  and the VPS has no problem recognizing it .

Let us know how you get on .

donnie
2017-5-28
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Thanks Donnie and Mark, you now, I tried all surface texture and nothing helps, (no camera on).
Most of the time it's lowering to much, trying 10 times and then it's ok. I don't know what to do because the procedure to bring it to travel is too long .
2017-5-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2017-5-29 00:05
Thanks Donnie and Mark, you now, I tried all surface texture and nothing helps, (no camera on).
Most of the time it's lowering to much, trying 10 times and then it's ok. I don't know what to do because the procedure to bring it to travel is too long .

Is there any dirt/debris on the sensors underneath?
2017-5-29
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

No, the sensors are clean. I may disassemble the mount that permits me to add two external batteries, maybe it's the case. I'll report back.
Thx Mark
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules