Vibration artifacts DJI Phantom 3 Pro?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans53efb7f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124928 ft
United States

Hello,

I just sent in my P3P under the warrenty claim, as I saw vibration artifacts in my videos. Now it is back, and unforunately I am seeing some of the same artifacts, like you can see midway through this short clip (watch with the high resolution as possible

The drone was going at a fast pace on the waterfront, so wind could have played a role in this. My question is: Should I expect the gimbal to be eliminating vibration perfectly, or is that just wishful thinking? For whatever reason I did not seem to experience this vibration in a previous P3P I had.

Best,

-Sam
2017-5-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I did see a very small amount of vibration in that clip, but not much. Do you have two anti-drop pins installed or four?
2017-5-25
Use props
fans53efb7f5
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-25 17:11
I did see a very small amount of vibration in that clip, but not much. Do you have two anti-drop pins installed or four?

I have only 2. Would increasing or decreasing the pins be best?
2017-5-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans53efb7f5 Posted at 2017-5-26 23:06

No, you only need two. Having four would increase the vibration. I have a feeling the speed might have caused the vibration.
2017-5-27
Use props
Dodge-In-AZ
New
United States

Another factor in vibration could be unbalanced props.  I have reduce the vibration by balancing the props. The best props to use would be the DJI euthenic props, I have checked that balance of these right of the package and they are well balanced.
2017-5-27
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I did not notice vibration, what i noticed is the video rendering slower when u r turning.. as well as going fast - the building is so close that it sort of "jumpos" a bit so do the trees a bit...  did i miss it, or could it be the redrawing?
2017-5-27
Use props
fans212b0900
New
Flight distance : 395568 ft
  • >>>
United States

You probably already did this, but....  Did you remove the small piece of foam behind the camera?  I did not, and everything worked well for about a day.  Then I started seeing shake, and I looked everywhere for the issue.  There were all sorts of exotic remedies.  Then I saw the issue, I could not believe it.  A small transport stabilization foam piece was still in the camera gimbal gap.  Pull it out and your problems are solved.  I did query YouTube after I found the issue and sure enough, about 7 other people did the same thing as me.  Ugh, embarrassing.
2017-5-28
Use props
fans53efb7f5
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-25 17:11

2017-5-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans53efb7f5 Posted at 2017-5-28 16:34

No, increasing them adds to the vibration, decreasing lessens the safety factor, as the gimbal might drop off the aircraft. If you have two fitted, then leave it at that.
2017-5-28
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

There may have been some dropped frames or some encoding artifacts, where the framerate was re-rendered into something different.  What resolution and framerate was the original footage shot in?  Where are you seeing these artifacts (youtube or on your controller device or home computer etc.)?  I didn't see any vibration, but there were a few panning artifacts, with cars "jerking" for example.
2017-5-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Well, I watched it at 1080, full screen, and don't see a thing but smooth video.  After reading to the end of the thread, I watched it two more times.  Nothing wrong.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules