1264 6 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dev_willis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 813740 ft
United States

Hi!
I need to ship my Inspire 1 to DJI for repairs. I got the shipping label but I can't find any instructions on how to pack and ship it. Can I just throw it in a box, pad it however I see fit and send off?

Thanks!

David
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You could send the unit in its case and add some additional protection, like bubble wrap, inside of a shipping safe box.
You should have got the instructions, May I have your case number so I can check it? Thanks.
2017-5-25
Use props
dev_willis
lvl.1
United States

Hi Natalia!
My case number is CAS-656302-T6Z3F6. If I can ship it in the case with the label I was given that's no problem. I just thought with it being so bulky I might need to do something different.

Thank you!
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dev_willis Posted at 2017-5-25 19:10
Hi Natalia!
My case number is CAS-656302-T6Z3F6. If I can ship it in the case with the label I was given that's no problem. I just thought with it being so bulky I might need to do something different.

No need to do something specially, please send it in, we'll take care of it after it arrives.

2017-5-26
Use props
dev_willis
lvl.1
United States

Great! I'm sending it in today. The battery is broken too. It's been a few days and it hasn't gotten hot or swollen but the top is broken off and there are exposed wires. Should I send that with it or do I have to throw it away?
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dev_willis Posted at 2017-5-26 05:25
Great! I'm sending it in today. The battery is broken too. It's been a few days and it hasn't gotten hot or swollen but the top is broken off and there are exposed wires. Should I send that with it or do I have to throw it away?

Just to clarify, is it a TB47 or TB48? Is the LiPo visually puffy, or malleable in any way?
2017-5-26
Use props
dev_willis
lvl.1
United States

It's a TB47. Not puffy or malleable. I opted not to send it though. I've been reading that DJI doesn't repair them, only replace them, and I don't think the warranty covers pilot error so I assume I'll just have to buy a new one anyway. I've been wanting to upgrade to a TB48 though so I guess this is my opportunity.
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules