4408 15 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I checked this morning, the DJI GO 4 app on Android updated to version 4.1.0.  No firmware changes yet.

2017-5-26
Use props
fansf84e6ffd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

I can't connect to my phantkm 4 now.
2017-5-26
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

fansf84e6ffd Posted at 2017-5-26 04:54

That's usual. Each time any update will have problem no matter the app or the firmware. Dji always like that. You can try uninstall the app & reinstall.
2017-5-26
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

fansf84e6ffd Posted at 2017-5-26 04:54

That's usual. Each time any update will have problem no matter the app or the firmware. Dji always like that. You can try uninstall the app & reinstall.
2017-5-26
Use props
fans53756491
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18652 ft
  • >>>
Israel

On my device android ver 4.4.2 the application crash while loading after upgrading to ver 4.1
2017-5-26
Use props
RFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182178 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Bigmouth Posted at 2017-5-26 08:49

This is just not true. I updated to the latest Android release and I did not have any problem to fly with my Phantom 4 and with the Mavic.
Until now I never hat problems after updating DJI Go applications or after firmware updates!
2017-5-27
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flew the P4 this morning with new app with no issues.  Max alt kicked in at 397 feet.  Went out a few thousand feet with no issues.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans53756491 Posted at 2017-5-26 11:49
On my device android ver 4.4.2 the application crash while loading after upgrading to ver 4.1

Same here.  My Samsing tablet will no longer launch GO 4.  Keeps sending out the crash report.

Android 4 may be history so one may need  a new tablet with this update.  

Over to the Samsung S6, says "Disconnected" and GO 4 screen is dark.   Popped up a new message saying "Failed to send commands.  Try again later."    Say what???

Apple iPad Air 2 GO 4 update done and it connected and logged in with it, but Android fails twice.
2017-5-27
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-5-27 05:17
Same here.  My Samsing tablet will no longer launch GO 4.  Keeps sending out the crash report.

Android 4 may be history so one may need  a new tablet with this update.  

Try the following:

1. Go to app defaults and clear
2. Start drone and controller
3. Start DJI GO 4
4. Connect tablet cable after 3
5. Reply yes to android display about using DJI Go 4

that works for me when I have connect issues.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-5-27 05:41
Try the following:

1. Go to app defaults and clear

Thanks.  Tried clearing it and cache both on the S6 phone and it and it still refuses to connect.

More odd is GO 4 on the Samsung tablet keeps trying to connect to the internet and I don't even launch it.  I get some pop-up saying "GO is trying to connect" (And I'm not even using it or starting it!) and then it asks to send a "Trouble Report" and log to whomever and I allow it.  Maybe they will fix it someday.

Could be Samsung products overall as they keep dabbling in the updates with their own stuff.  I notice the S6 uses up 25% of the battery at night on idle so who knows what all is running or starting up.  I know their Health app runs 24/7 counting ones footsteps and probably Google mapping too.

Least the iPad Air 2 still works --- for now.
2017-5-28
Use props
PaddySwiss
New
Switzerland

Same here with Samsung Tab-E (SM-T560): v4.1.0 crashes even if cleared, connected or disconnected to the controller.

Former versions were working fine. Let's hope that DJI will find the bug and release a fixed version very soon.
2017-5-30
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101716 ft
United States

My problem with the latest DJI Go 4 app is I can no longer calibrate the compass on both my Inspire 2 and Phantom 4. Worked fine up to the last update. I spent 2 hours on chat and phone with DJI and they finally said I had to wait until new update comes out. First they tried to say it was my drones, I said both would not fail on the same day. I later went down to the local apple store and friend uploaded the app on an Ipad, worked fine, just won't work on Android. I have 3 tablets and phone, same problem on all for units. Everything works fine except the compass calibration tab just acts like it is dead, click on it and nothing, all other tabs work fine. I flew the Inspire 2 and all flight modes everything works, just can't calibrate the compass
2017-6-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

fansb72fe2d6 Posted at 2017-6-30 09:12
My problem with the latest DJI Go 4 app is I can no longer calibrate the compass on both my Inspire 2 and Phantom 4. Worked fine up to the last update. I spent 2 hours on chat and phone with DJI and they finally said I had to wait until new update comes out. First they tried to say it was my drones, I said both would not fail on the same day. I later went down to the local apple store and friend uploaded the app on an Ipad, worked fine, just won't work on Android. I have 3 tablets and phone, same problem on all for units. Everything works fine except the compass calibration tab just acts like it is dead, click on it and nothing, all other tabs work fine. I flew the Inspire 2 and all flight modes everything works, just can't calibrate the compass

Rumor is they removed it from the startup menu and they may have buried it deeper in the menus like the IMU calibration.  Rumor part is they think people were over-calibrating the compass when it doesn't need it resulting in sundry flight issues.

2017-6-30
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-30 10:47
Rumor is they removed it from the startup menu and they may have buried it deeper in the menus like the IMU calibration.  Rumor part is they think people were over-calibrating the compass when it doesn't need it resulting in sundry flight issues.

The IMU tab is dead as well, these are the only two tabs that don't work. I tried an Ipad and all is working with the Ipad, this appears to be an issue with only the Android tablets and phones. I tried it on all three of my Samsung and LG tablets which are all new and my note 5 phone, same issue. I just today received a new DJI GO 4 update which I hoped solved the problem but problem is still there. After the firmware update on the Inspire 2 I need to calibrate the compass. I have been in constant contact with DJI Support but they are of little help. I have checked everything with both my Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 and problem is still there. All tablets, phone and drones have all the latest updates. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times to see if that could be the problem, no joy. All worked fine until the latest update a week ago. New update today did not correct the problem either
2017-6-30
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It updated to 4.1.3 today
2017-6-30
Use props
fansb72fe2d6
lvl.1
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-6-30 13:28
It updated to 4.1.3 today

I downloaded this and still same problem, no compass calibration or IMU tabs working
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules