Is this forum being trolled?
836 10 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I have only been on this forum a few days but already I'm sensing there are a lot of trolls on here.  There are just too many strange and incomplete posts about crashes and failures with no followup details, videos, logs, no distances logged in sidebar etc etc.  I've already seen employees from Yuneec have been on Amazon spreading some seriously bad reviews of the Mavic.  It's not uncommon especially in China for competitors to spend a lot of time trolling other's products on forums, I just didn't expect it to be so easy.

Anyone think something weird is going on?
2017-5-26
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

You're not wrong. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mavic forum.
2017-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Your right eventually you can work it out, and dji joe does a sterling job of limiting it as much as he can. Just try reading between the lines..
2017-5-26
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-26 11:42
Your right eventually you can work it out, and dji joe does a sterling job of limiting it as much as he can. Just try reading between the lines..

Yes that maybe true but there are still a lot of ongoing issues and posts that are deleted or blocked because of negative feedback which is not doing DJI any favours!  
2017-5-26
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Of course I also noticed a lot of crash, fly away reports but no supporting info and when they are asked, they just disappeared.
2017-5-26
Use props
adiru
lvl.2
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-97684-1-1.html
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

adiru Posted at 2017-5-26 15:25
http://forum.dji.com/thread-97684-1-1.html

You've lost me.  What does that have to do with anything?
2017-5-26
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Airobotix Posted at 2017-5-26 11:38
You're not wrong. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mavic forum.

Welcome to the internet is more accurate
2017-5-26
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I chalk up a lot of negative reviews to the fact most people won't go out of there way to praise a product but if they are unhappy with something they are more likely to talk about it and seek help/feedback.  I've also noticed a lot of flyaway/crash posts that never really seem to go anywhere.  Hard to say if it's truly trolling or in some cases (not all) the people trying to post may not understand the product enough to know how to get the info they really should be sharing...
2017-5-26
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2017-5-26 15:37
I chalk up a lot of negative reviews to the fact most people won't go out of there way to praise a product but if they are unhappy with something they are more likely to talk about it and seek help/feedback.  I've also noticed a lot of flyaway/crash posts that never really seem to go anywhere.  Hard to say if it's truly trolling or in some cases (not all) the people trying to post may not understand the product enough to know how to get the info they really should be sharing...

I think this is accurate, most people dont come here unless they are looking to fix a problem, they dont search, then they fuss, get resolution and disappear, Im guilty of this frequently  
2017-5-26
Use props
Yraegel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

One thing to keep in mind is that the demand for the Mavic was huge. I have no idea how many they sold but I know they had to have sold quite a few. Within that group are a lot of inexperienced flyers such as myself. There are a lot of people who don't read the available documentation or watch any of the available videos covering every topic. When I received mine I was both amazed by its capabilities and a bit overwhelmed by the number of settings, functions, features, etc. As someone mentioned above, it is more common for people to complain when something is wrong than to heap praise when everything is working fine.
My overall experience with the drone has been great. I’m still amazed at what it can do and how small it is. I have a lot more experience now. I really screwed up once and had to use a DJI Care Refresh to replace my first Mavic. The second one received damage to the front leg while out of my sight and is being repaired (replaced with refurbished) now. Again that was my fault.
I wouldn’t be too concerned with trolling. This forum is well moderated and very useful when you have issues.

2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules