Forced Login Due to App Update
2063 27 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2Luke2
New

United States

I bought a Mavic Pro I got it out of the box and charging today. I installed the app and waited for everything to charge. Come to find out the new version of the application will not let you fly your drone without first registering and then logging in. It's total BS and I will be returning my unit ASAP.
crop2.jpg
cropped1.jpg
2017-5-26
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Well, you can always buy another brand . . . And watch it fall out of the sky.
2017-5-26
Use props
2Luke2
New

United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-5-26 13:53
Well, you can always buy another brand . . . And watch it fall out of the sky.

It would be better than not being able to fly at all.
2017-5-26
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Think you have to do that only once. Then can switch to Litchi or log out in go- should let you fly without data. Saw a post by Dji Joe that said there's no data requirement after the activation.
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

There are so many obvious reasons why you have to activate it.  A bit of an over reaction on your part I would suggest.
2017-5-26
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

All dji drones need to be activated once after purchase...that was the regulation of  dji from some time now but now dji want to implement even more control. Dji is also besides drones an pioneering in the realm of total control over your  1000 Euro/dollar purchase...the dji drone will not be yours in full ever, it is just an wage paid for an unknown working period and with unknown characteristic drone that you could keep home but not in privacy ...only if the smart guys will not crack that android inside them sooner than later
2017-5-26
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

FYI, not just Mavic and new DJI Go app, most DJI drones require you to create an account to get your drone activated and registered.
All flight data will also be saved to your account which may help you later if somethin went wrong.
TBO, if you don't like it, return it if you can. It's just simple.
2017-5-26
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Haha wat a troll. You always needed to activate it before you can fly it the first time. This has always been like that and till now, nothing has changed yet as far as I know. No new firmware yet and I still fly without activating it again since first time I bought it.

I hope he doesnt have an iphone to fly with because "OH BOY, YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE IT OUT OF THE BOX BEFORE YOU CAN MAKE A PHONECALL OR INSTALL AN APP!"
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

Nees Posted at 2017-5-26 15:28
Haha wat a troll. You always needed to activate it before you can fly it the first time. This has always been like that and till now, nothing has changed yet as far as I know. No new firmware yet and I still fly without activating it again since first time I bought it.

Agree.  I think we should start calling out the trolls.  As if this guy didn't have to activate and register his phone to get updates?  Give me a break.  Must work for Yuneec...
2017-5-26
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 15:29
Agree.  I think we should start calling out the trolls.  As if this guy didn't have to activate and register his phone to get updates?  Give me a break.  Must work for Yuneec...

haha I just edited the part of the phone but you said it while I was editing.
2017-5-26
Use props
2Luke2
New

United States

No troll here, and super surprised that a bunch of sheep are okay with having to activate a toy like this before being able to use it. Comparing a phone is completely different in the fact that you actually have a reason to get an account due to needing a number along a place to be billed for your long distance calls. Continue being sheep consumers and we will always get what we are handed instead of what we want. Sorry you guys/gals are brain washed into thinking this is how the system works. Hopefully someone else will vote with their wallet.

Also just for reference I first bought an open box from Amazon and didn't have to register the Droid on Monday. The lens was damaged and affect the picture quality. I returned it and got a new one today. There was nothing on the site that said it required an internet connection to fly the damn thing.
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

2Luke2 Posted at 2017-5-26 15:52
No troll here, and super surprised that a bunch of sheep are okay with having to activate a toy like this before being able to use it. Comparing a phone is completely different in the fact that you actually have a reason to get an account due to needing a number along a place to be billed for your long distance calls. Continue being sheep consumers and we will always get what we are handed instead of what we want. Sorry you guys/gals are brain washed into thinking this is how the system works. Hopefully someone else will vote with their wallet.

Also just for reference I first bought an open box from Amazon and didn't have to register the Droid on Monday. The lens was damaged and affect the picture quality. I returned it and got a new one today. There was nothing on the site that said it required an internet connection to fly the damn thing.

Sheep?  Do you even know what geolocation is and what the legal implications would be for drone manufacturers if there was no activation and firmware update procedure?  You are just over reacting plain and simple.  And now you're inferring there is some big conspiracy and only you know about it.  All you're achieving is...oh, nothing.
2017-5-26
Use props
2Luke2
New

United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 15:52
Sheep?  Do you even know what geolocation is and what the legal implications would be for drone manufacturers if there was no activation and firmware update procedure?  You are just over reacting plain and simple.  And now you're inferring there is some big conspiracy and only you know about it.  All you're achieving is...oh, nothing.

Actually no I don't, and I'm betting you don't either or else you would have said something to back up your empty claim.

If there was an issue with a drone and it needed an update users would update, there is no reason to force people to be connected or update their devices. If you have a real reason why we should be forced to do so, please by all means please post a reason. Otherwise you're just as much of a troll as I am.
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

2Luke2 Posted at 2017-5-26 16:26
Actually no I don't, and I'm betting you don't either or else you would have said something to back up your empty claim.

If there was an issue with a drone and it needed an update users would update, there is no reason to force people to be connected or update their devices. If you have a real reason why we should be forced to do so, please by all means please post a reason. Otherwise you're just as much of a troll as I am.

I don't need to explain as you've already made your mind up.  I am licensed so have been through it all already.  
2017-5-26
Use props
2Luke2
New

United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 16:31
I don't need to explain as you've already made your mind up.  I am licensed so have been through it all already.

Lol... in other words you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. Thanks for verifying.
2017-5-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 14:22
There are so many obvious reasons why you have to activate it.  A bit of an over reaction on your part I would suggest.

I totally agree.  This thing is so sophisticated you would not believe what it is capable of doing.  
2017-5-26
Use props
sgtfury_11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151614 ft
United States

If he activates it then big brother will know it's him when he crashes it at a Padres game.
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

sgtfury_11 Posted at 2017-5-26 16:49
If he activates it then big brother will know it's him when he crashes it at a Padres game.

Excellent.  I'm surprised he's even on the forum in case the FBI tracks him.
2017-5-26
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

True.. you were ever informed about that....but according to some you are a troll so....

I hope someday people will realize that it is in their interest to stop saying yes Master to all companies
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

2Luke2 Posted at 2017-5-26 16:39
Lol... in other words you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. Thanks for verifying.

You can be as sarcastic as you like but I know a trouble maker when I see one.  Tell you what, go take a qualified drone pilot class and then come back on here.
2017-5-26
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

2Luke2 Posted at 2017-5-26 16:39

Dont worry about all the haters in your thread. They seem to be the trolls running around calling everyone else troll when they disagree with a post like yours.
It seems to dent their pride and love for DJI when someone criticizes them for these pathetic hoops placed before us.
Totally understand you wanting to vent about DJI procedures. If you can, jump ship now because its only going to get worse.
And yes there are drones out there that dont fall out of the sky and perform better than the mavics woeful 4k camera. Dont forget these mavics also fall outa the sky.
Good luck bud !
2017-5-26
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

daivatam Posted at 2017-5-26 14:29
All dji drones need to be activated once after purchase...that was the regulation of  dji from some time now but now dji want to implement even more control. Dji is also besides drones an pioneering in the realm of total control over your  1000 Euro/dollar purchase...the dji drone will not be yours in full ever, it is just an wage paid for an unknown working period and with unknown characteristic drone that you could keep home but not in privacy ...only if the smart guys will not crack that android inside them sooner than later

Odd.  I assumed that once you purchase the drone, the company tracks the serial number to the seller when they deliver it to you.  In any case, this registration will not work, why?  Multiple people sharing the same password / user Id and people selling their  remote air crafts to other people.  A waste of time if you ask me.
2017-5-26
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adios, this isn't for you.
2017-5-26
Use props
fans2fd94c46
lvl.1
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 14:22

Didn't you just post about trolls on this forum? Yet I see you interjecting in about every single thread on here. I think it is you who is actually the troll? How many posts have you made today? People have legitimate concerns about the use of a product in a private use setting. Being a fanboy because you're happy with your drone and don't care if it is policed by DJI is your prerogative.
2017-5-26
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

You do not need any type of internet connection to fly DJI drones.  You are misunderstood.  You need to activate your drone and log in with obvioulsy an internet connection.  That happens once.  After that, airplane mode.  No need to use internet.
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

fans2fd94c46 Posted at 2017-5-26 19:07
Didn't you just post about trolls on this forum? Yet I see you interjecting in about every single thread on here. I think it is you who is actually the troll? How many posts have you made today? People have legitimate concerns about the use of a product in a private use setting. Being a fanboy because you're happy with your drone and don't care if it is policed by DJI is your prerogative.

Here's the thing, I'm a glass half full kind of guy.  All I see is you complaining and wanting to walk away.  So why don't you?  If you're that fed up then why are you still here?  I'm posting a lot because I've got some spare time today.  And I love this product and am trying to learn more about it.  It's one thing to offer constructive criticism but it's another thing to just criticize for click bait.
2017-5-26
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

There are a lot of electronic devices that require you to register now. Agreed some are voluntary for extended warranties etc. But registering a Drone to you isn't a bad thing. It actually helped me when my P4 gimbal gave up. Couldn't find my receipt but had proof of first ever flight to show the retailer. Drone sent away under warranty.
Also would be difficult for someone to steal you drone and sell it on. Although it happens I agree. But at least if it was recovered you could prove its yours. Lots of reasons to register. I haven't taken a license because I have no need to, I never sell or charge anyone to see or use my footage. Where I live we are lucky the rules are quite lenient towards flying. Only NFZ is two miles around our local airport. And obviously advised to fly safe and with respect to the public (which I always do). I love this hobby and I'm sure you would too. Try not be paranoid register and enjoy your Mavic. I am loving mine. Be safe

2017-5-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's like a flying smartphone and didn't you have to sign in to use your phone? or are you still using the old brick phones?
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules