Props- When to change them?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9a7c0aa0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

How often should I change the props on my Phantom 3 professional? Assuming the current props are in good working condition. I'm applying for my Part 107 Licence and they are talking about equipment replacement and establishing time intervals. My props are good but they are a set I purchased off Amazon shortly after I purchased my copterSo In effect they are 3 years old and the original props. I don't want one to Crack then break out of thin air due to stress. Is there an hour limit on the props? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks Joe
2017-5-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

As a rule, there is no rule except to inspect them and balance them periodically.
2017-5-26
Use props
Markyheff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476886 ft
Sweden

Not sure if this will help. Find Ken heron on YouTube look for his props and part 107 video. Hope it helps
2017-5-26
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

inspect, watch for vibration, behaviour when tightening them.. Replace if there was any contact with ground or another object, if you feel it could compromise them a bit.... Always replace a set.
2017-5-27
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

speaking of props where to get different colored ones ?
2017-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Maritimer Posted at 2017-5-27 17:04

Dye them with Rit.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans9a7c0aa0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

Maritimer Posted at 2017-5-27 17:04

I found quite a selection on Amazon.com. I don't know about solid Colors but they had lots with different color stripes on the tips in both white and black. I got a black pair with Yellow stripes and have never replaced them. I may just because it's been so long.
2017-5-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Be carefull with non DJI props.. even if they say DJI, I have found some on Amazon that are NOT....  RIT works well to color - u can mask with electrical tape and have multiple colors. The hubs are diff. plastic and will not get colored.
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules