DJI GO 4 (V4.1.0) for iOS is available
16127 132 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Herc7
lvl.2
Canada

Th App is crashing on me occasionally and when I go to view the Editor to see things quick it is very laggy and I must close the app down and restart to look at a another video.
2017-6-3
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Fontinalis Posted at 2017-6-2 07:05
My experience was that I was never prompted to log in, but I'm running 4.1.0 on both android and IOS. Only difference in flying I noticed is that I am getting random "RTH path is through a no fly zone". I'm not flying near any no fly zones. These messages don't appear in the flight logs.

I have a question about that.  Are you seeing  loss of GPS satellites, but not necessarily ATT mode?  I have the same thing happening to me, but in the logs it shows going from, say, 17 satellites to 0 just for an instant and then back to some regular number again.  
2017-6-3
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Does this new firmware update add limitations on horizontal flight distance and altitude to put the drones inline with national regulations?
2017-6-3
Use props
RaVeNsFiRe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1292493 ft
United States

It forced the update on me last night. I did a test flight and it crashed twice in a 10 minute span.
Today I again test flew for a longer period of time, made sure everything was up to date, fully charged and all set up properly.

It crashed on me no fewer than 8 times in an hours period.

No big deal as far as control, if in your line of site you can still control and bring back (no idea what you are recording, if you were recording video or timer stills it is still doing that)
But as I feared the issue comes when your battery is low and wants to go home, hope the app doesn't crash then because you may not be able to stop it from doing something stupid like landing in the street, water, tree, or going up higher than you wanted in the given area.

Yep happened to me. It went higher than I wanted in my low flying area.

I can only hope that it gets another update, as this one so far is 10x worse than the last. At least when it comes to reliability.

I'm on an iPad mini IOS 10.3.2. Phantom 4 Pro
2017-6-4
Use props
MON44
New
Mexico

AFTER UPGRADING TO THIS VERSION I CAN NOT CONNECT MY PHANTOM 4.  IT SAYS SCAN SN QR CODE ON BATTERY COMPARTMENTS OR STORAGE BOX, BUT MY PHONE CAN´T SCAN THE CODE INTHE BATTERY COMPARMENT (IT DOESN´GET IN) AND THE BOX ONLY HAS ITHE SERIAL NUMBER IN A CODEBAR. wHAT CAN I DO?
2017-6-6
Use props
Swing Dangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31486 ft
United States

First test flight with latest firmware to the drone, remote, and the latest DJI GO iOS app.  Drone: Phantom 4 with slip on signal booster on antenna. I'm using an iPad air 2  (no sim card/no cell service) with the latest DJI GO ios app. There was a system OS system update as of today (6/6/17) but I didn't install it on the ipad. I was using my Galaxy S4 as a mobile 4 G hotspot to stream live Facebook video. I do not know if I was logged into DJI GO app, but I suspect I was even though I had turned the iPad off two days ago after a local yard test. I have the flight zone warning/restrictions feature turned off in the app. I flew to the 400 feet ceiling limit and traveled over 2000 feet away. It was in a school zone next to a football stadium, so there were several power lines around the whole area. I streamed 2 different 6 minute videos to FB along with the audio from the iPad air 2. I snapped about 6 pictures and recorded about a 6 minute long video of the local youth ball diamonds at the farthest point. I noticed, over the local high school baseball diamond, which was several hundred feet away from home point, 2  instant video signal losses which returned nearly immediately. It was literally in the blink of an eye. I don't know if this was attributed to the local power lines, the cell phone signal/hot spot, or the app itself. The only streaming issue was the Verizon signal which is weak in our area so there were some drops during the live stream to Facebook. The stream even recorded the shutter click of the camera during the flight. I blame Verizon for the stream drops and their crappy signals in my area. I would chalk it up as two successful test flights with the latest firmware and updates. Your mileage may vary.
2017-6-6
Use props
jChandlerHall
New
United States

Can someone post a link to any Editor manual or tutorial. I'm looking for general "use" information. Info on how to delete clips from an autogenerated movie; various use info on the options, clipping, sorting, saving to disk; sharing; resolution; music; etc.
2017-6-9
Use props
jChandlerHall
New
United States

Can someone post a link to any Editor manual or tutorial.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans6b5bfd8a
New
Norway

Anyone else experienced bad audio quality with the new music in the editor? It is dreadful and I can't use it
2017-6-10
Use props
fans6eee1550
lvl.1
Canada

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-6-3 12:00
Does this new firmware update add limitations on horizontal flight distance and altitude to put the drones inline with national regulations?

On my phantom 4 it reduced the return to home altitude to  Max of 50m I noticed when i got home.
the max altitude is still at 500m
I did not know I had updated to 4.10 as I had 4.08 but the dpi store app on my iPhone updated the app without me knowing when I connected to wifi on my iPhone at the location. I did not know I was operating 4.10 today and my phantom 4 went bizarre ,at about 600 meters and climbed  250 ft above the 200 ft setting and was going all over the place. I was using lichie at the time and the mission  failed at that point as the drone was acting wierd and was not continuing on the mission.I had to use the Return to home and it came back. I flew around a little bit close by when I got back and it seemed ok but i did not go more then 200 meters away. When i got home is when I noticed that it had updated to 4.10.
I have since deleted 4.10 and reverted back to 4.o8 i still had a copy of.
i will not be able to fly again till next week so we will see what happens then.
My mavic pro has only 4.o8 and firmware .700 and I had the same issue at the same place last  week.
I may have to update the magic but I don't like the return to home limited to 50 meters. I usually set it at 60 meters to be safe.
I will have to verify the distance next week on some open farm fields to see if distance is affected or some other anomilee caused the problem.
2017-6-11
Use props
Fontinalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 975367 ft
United States

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-6-3 08:54
I have a question about that.  Are you seeing  loss of GPS satellites, but not necessarily ATT mode?  I have the same thing happening to me, but in the logs it shows going from, say, 17 satellites to 0 just for an instant and then back to some regular number again.

@seeker_ktf_ Sorry for the delay in response. I just verified in logs that while I was getting the warnings about no-fly RTH I had apx 5 satellites locked. So appears similar to what happened to you.

I've only flown once since the new firmware came out. Haven't had a bad GPS lock flight yet. Might not ever happen again.
2017-6-12
Use props
Grant404
New
Flight distance : 29055 ft
Canada

So what happens when your app is updated then you try to fly for the first time without internet connection. How do you override the sky pixel login?
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules