Thanks DJI
880 9 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1eea0aa8
New
Flight distance : 71706 ft
United States

You know, I'd like to fly. But I have to register. No problem.  Oh wait! Server is busy!! I'm a place I should be able to fly too.  This is ridiculous to update your app on the busiest travel and recreational weekend in America. Smart.  This update has been a monkey screw as I couldn't update because your system was flawed and I need specific people in forum to unlock it.  Ok no problem.  I went and returned it to Best Buy. And now I can't get authorized.  I am beyond upset.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans1eea0aa8
New
Flight distance : 71706 ft
United States

Let me clarify I went and returned it to Best Buy and got a new one and still can't get Authorized to fly.  If I can't get authorized to fly I am going to take this back and buy one of your competitors. At least they aren't trying to make this a big old monkey screw process to fly.  
2017-5-27
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Just curious,.....you write, "one of your competitors".
Name 3 competitors and you will win this DJI head protection
2017-5-27
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

fans1eea0aa8 Posted at 2017-5-27 11:46
Let me clarify I went and returned it to Best Buy and got a new one and still can't get Authorized to fly.  If I can't get authorized to fly I am going to take this back and buy one of your competitors. At least they aren't trying to make this a big old monkey screw process to fly.

Gotta agree with your comment about authorization.  Unacceptable that their server is too busy.  They should have been better prepared.  For what it's worth I had no problem at all but I was one of the very first on iOS.  Just out of curiosity, what OS are using?
2017-5-27
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

What did you have to do?

All I found after updating the app (iOS) was giving me the authorisation warning, then asking me log in, and that was it. There was nothing special that I noticed, and most certainly there was no delay from normal.

Did a quick test flight as well, and there was nothing unusual. Exited, and restarted everything; the only difference was the authorising nag screen was gone.
2017-5-27
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-27 14:07
Name 3 competitors and you will win this DJI head protection

He only needs one drone Mcflying.

It doesnt matter who the manufacturer is, as long as its NOT DJI of which there are many.
Take it back while you can OP.

Save yourself endless continual hours of trying to get this POS to be reliable.

2017-5-27
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

So, I just upgraded to latest Go app.
Login to your account is required when I first started the app. I have no problem login in.
My suggestion is you can register an account using computer first. Since you can post here, you have an account already.
Try to login using your registered email and password of forum account.
2017-5-27
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

Updated today, was asked to log in once.The only thing I really noticed that was any different  was when selecting go fly it has some more information than it used to on the first page, just download and fly. I don't see what the big problem is, no new no flight warnings for me.
2017-5-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So sorry for the unpleasant experience,  what kind of network you are using,  WiFi or mobile data?  Please try both of them. Besides,  what OS are using?
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules