Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Buying the Spark in Shanghai
5002 14 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alord
New

Israel

Hi all.

I will come to China in June 5.
I would like to ask if I need to order the Spark before coming to Shanghai store  and how to do it?
what is the price in Shanghai  for Combo pack? and for Spark alone?
what is the chance that I will come to the store and they will be out of stock with Spark Combo/Spark
or even Mavic Pro?

Thanks!!!

2017-5-27
Use props
fans4a5e4769
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4432 ft
United States

Why not order one from DJI's Chinese online shop?
2017-5-27
Use props
alord
New

Israel

what is the link? I could only see USA order link
2017-5-28
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137369 ft
United Arab Emirates

I went to the Shanghai DJI store today at Xintiandi looking for the Spark.  Unfortunately they told me the first shipment of the Spark was quickly sold out and that I can only preorder now, and don't have an ETA on availability.  I watched a demo flight using the hand gesture control and left DJI determined to find it in stock.  I made a beeline to XingGuang photography market to talk to one of the bigger authorized DJI sellers there and they said they won't be expecting any for at least a month.  Before I left I jumped onto Taobao and succumbed to paying an extra 400 on top of the 3200rmb to get mine in a couple days max.  

Unless your trip is going to leave you in Shanghai for a month and a half, I wouldn't put a preorder in now.  Best way to get it is on Taobao if you can find a seller charging a premium for stock from the first shipments.  .....Or you can pick up a Mavic Pro.  I saw at least 4 people buying the fly more set from the 15 minutes I was in the DJI showroom.  Pricing for spark and mavic in the DJI store is same as on their site.  https://www.dji.com/cn
2017-5-29
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Wow, ordered it early afternoon, and it came this morning!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUsvyd4leUl/?taken-by=steaksammich

2017-5-29
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

https://goo.gl/n9Kd5D you should have it in a few days. Get it delivered to where you'll be staying and just let them know
2017-5-30
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

milksteak Posted at 2017-5-29 18:30

where you order it?
2017-5-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

milksteak Posted at 2017-5-29 18:30

I saw the same picture on eBay that some crook was using to sell a spark he didn't have...
2017-6-3
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

New tech and the scammers are trying to separate people from their money.  The reason I'd only order something like this from DJI or a reputable vendor (Amazon.com).
2017-6-3
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-3 08:31
I saw the same picture on eBay that some crook was using to sell a spark he didn't have...

wait, someone is using my photos to scam on eBay?
2017-6-3
Use props
fans4a5e4769
lvl.2
United States

Please pay attention to the new NO_FLY_ZONE in Shanghai
2017-6-9
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
United States

fans4a5e4769 Posted at 2017-6-9 08:50
Please pay attention to the new NO_FLY_ZONE in Shanghai

Thanks for the reminder.  The park I've been flying around is just right inside edge of the height restriction zone radius of hongqiao airpot.  I will have to move east just one km to get out of the height restriction.  Too bad I can't move the park 1km east!
2017-6-9
Use props
fans4a5e4769
lvl.2
United States

milksteak Posted at 2017-6-9 23:29
Thanks for the reminder.  The park I've been flying around is just right inside edge of the height restriction zone radius of hongqiao airpot.  I will have to move east just one km to get out of the height restriction.  Too bad I can't move the park 1km east!

I live at Jiangsu Rd/Yan'an West Rd, near Zhongshan Park, about one or two km west to the height restriction zone border. The NFZ is really inconvenient.
2017-6-10
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
United States

fans4a5e4769 Posted at 2017-6-10 10:47
I live at Jiangsu Rd/Yan'an West Rd, near Zhongshan Park, about one or two km west to the height restriction zone border. The NFZ is really inconvenient.

FFS, I just saw the NFZ update.  It's an elongated shape now, instead of a circle.   I'm still just right outside of the border, but the park I like is totally engulfed in it.  Sigh.

You're in a great spot though,  completely outside.  I want to try Zhongshan park, but I have a feeling it is a place where drones go to die; too many kite traps!   Would be great to capture footage of a kite flying 200meters up in the sky though.  I'm not brave enough to try it!
2017-6-10
Use props
fans4a5e4769
lvl.2
United States

milksteak Posted at 2017-6-10 23:35
FFS, I just saw the NFZ update.  It's an elongated shape now, instead of a circle.   I'm still just right outside of the border, but the park I like is totally engulfed in it.  Sigh.

You're in a great spot though,  completely outside.  I want to try Zhongshan park, but I have a feeling it is a place where drones go to die; too many kite traps!   Would be great to capture footage of a kite flying 200meters up in the sky though.  I'm not brave enough to try it!

I haven't got my hand on Spark yet. But I doubt I ever dare to fly it over a large crowd there. Not to mention the police wouldn't be so forgiving. I think I'll try it at some garden around the corner, where there are not so many people.
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules