Who's Inspire is operating rock solid!
2370 30 2015-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

All of these reports of all the issues. I want to here from all the pilots who's bird is rock solid. GPS loss because of pilot error is considered rock solid. Vibrating arms that was fixed is considered rock solid. Once you don't have consistent GPS drops please chime in. There are some good inspires out there and I most believe I got one (knock on wood)
2015-3-10
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

Mine, never had any trouble so far. Only 48 flights but nothing to report, except maybe some bad video feeds from time to time when flying surrounded with trees... But nothing major, never even had the RTH triggered.
2015-3-10
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

Mine is doing just fine. No issues. Even cashed it twice due to pilot error and still the bird is going strong.
2015-3-10
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

I would like to had, after reading a post about it, that I do the compass calibration only after travelling by plane. Just because the magnetic declination could be different at the new take off site...
2015-3-10
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Doing just fine here. No problems so far.
2015-3-10
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

63 flights here 1crash into a wall due to pilot error and still cannot believe how solid this bird is. Did i make the right decision buying an I1?
Definitely! I would buy another tomorrow if I had the spare cash!
2015-3-10
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-11 04:15
Doing just fine here. No problems so far.

My second one is Rock Solid!  I think there are quality control issues with this product . The first one had many "issues" like many products i have bought from Ali express
2015-3-10
Use props
greg7140
lvl.2

United States

no issues...doing fine
2015-3-10
Use props
work2play
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5466 ft
United States

Two pilot error crashes, 50+ flights, easy new firmware udate and solid as the day it came out the box.  Impressive machine.

I would buy another tomorrow if I had the spare cash! X2
2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Loving mine, trust it to do risky stuff in close quarters.  Never close to property or people, just trees and stuff.
2015-3-10
Use props
kmylek.roadrunn
lvl.3
United States

rock solid here!
2015-3-10
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Taiwan

No problems yet, but avoid troublemaking environments. A bit disappointed by the service and help from the company, thanks to forum members  to clarify the possibilities and weaknesses of this young bird to become adult.
2015-3-10
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Bahamas

My bird is doing just fine no issues even though I only have 36 flights under my belt.
2015-3-10
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Rock solid! 20 flights, 2 interior flights, always steady, always predictable. Very nice 4k movies
2015-3-10
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Bahamas

its about time we give the I1 some real love
2015-3-10
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

After nearly 2 months, 56 flights with 8 hours flight time, 75km mileage and  a top height of 360m the only bad thing is that I still don't have enough time to fly as often I'd love to

Apps (iOS) is working fine and no issues following the firmware updates.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB-jaenuP5-ipeGb5_KtIriYqbleVPMXT
2015-3-10
Use props
richard
lvl.2

Australia

My I1 is rock solid. It's from the second batch. No problems what so ever with the hardware or software. Exceeds my expectations and I'm impressed!
2015-3-10
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

Taiwan

50 flights, 0 crashes. Never used RTH. Good 4K video, some slight jello but never really an issue. Rock Solid so far. I'm almost tempted to buy another one to travel with and use as a redundant backup while filming. Was looking to upgrade to DJI S900 but the only problem with the DJI s900 is that traveling is a hassle due to the large LIPO battery size. .
2015-3-10
Use props
argykaraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1108356 ft
Greece

Rock solid here. Bought at January 22. Not a single problem.
2015-03-10 23.52.59.png
2015-3-10
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.2

United States

Very happy with the Inspire 1.  And all of my DJI drones from Phantom 1 up to the Inspire.  All have worked just fine, once past my pilot errors while learning.... and my early adopter days before we had a forum and way to share learning ideas.

I do plan on increasing my careful setup and preventive maintenance and inspections.  I never want to get too comfortable.  There are strict pre-flight checklists that need to be followed before each flight.
2015-3-10
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put it in the air for the fist time this week end, 6 flights all went great just my nerves were a bit rattled. I love this thing! I had only one incident with video loss and that was because I left the antenne's both folded (dummy ) anyway maybe 6 flights is to soon to post to this thread but what the hell. If anything were to change ill update the post.

Happy Flying
2015-3-10
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Have 2 rock solid units now. My first one (from the first batch) had several issues that set me back for awhile... bought a new one and shipped the first one back for repair and all is well with both now. Agree there may be some QC issues... Still no idea how the return to home works (it just lands where it is flying...) tried it a couple of times and gave up.. I only fly line of sight anyway... Had video feed issues until I finally switched to custom selection...was always confused about it because all the lines were blinking red and barely visible above the line but once I finally switched it I have had 0 feed dropouts.
2015-3-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had 26 flights. I have experienced momentary loss of GPS but it has quickly returned. That has happened, may be twice. Otherwise, it has all been good so far...
2015-3-10
Use props
mail.wheeland
lvl.2

United States

My I1 arrived in Early Feb.  It has the camo finish on the carbon parts.  It had FW V16 on it from factory.  I flew it several times and it was solid.

After FW V17, I got compass errors and P-Ati mode several times each flight I made.  Although I take metal stuff off my person when calibrating the compass, and the compass status was normal, I realized that I had never taken off my belt witch has a small standard buckle.  

Today I calibrated the compass with no belt and flew 2 times for full battery with NO problems....  stable as a rock.  I think the compass may be more sensitive in V17 but chalk the problem up to op error.
2015-3-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Have had no issue from day one lucky I guess.
Diggin this bird!

Gearing up for a month straight  of shooting the SCCA races at the Milwaukee mile track soon.
2015-3-10
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

No issues even in the cold weather.  I love flying it.  It makes the Phantom feel a little less nimble.
2015-3-10
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

While my I1 is getting a defect in the gimbal repaired, I flew my Phantom 2 last weekend.  Um...yeah so when do I get my I1 back?!?

All the old problems I had to correct in post are still there, jello-y video (even with ND filter, still slightly exists), annoying fisheye distortion from gopro, landing gear getting in the way, flys like a paper airplane in any kind of wind...

Seriously, the I1 is the only answer!
2015-3-10
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

Had mine 10 days. Got 22 flights in. The only glitch I've had is a dropped GPS signal every once in a while, but never for more than 3-5 seconds. The only other issue is the silly map flash on screen.  It's a little irritating, but not a serious issue. I'm using two 10.1 inch Android tablets in two operator mode and just lined up some cool gigs to shoot some motorcycles and fun 3 wheel toys (check out the Polaris slingshot). I feel confident that this is the right tool for the job.
2015-3-10
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

All good here, flying in both USA and China... After Dundee's flow chat helped get my update installed...
2015-3-10
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Mine has been rock solid on the ground! Still waiting to get airborne.
2015-3-10
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Bahamas

Good guy let's keep me coming. The I1 is a superb machine!
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules