Got my I1 today
1624 15 2015-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidthewise
lvl.1

United States

Heya,

I got my inspire one today. I've been reading through the QuickStart guide and I'm considering taking it out for my first flight today. I've read on this forum that the most recent update has quite a few issues. What software version comes with my I1, and is it safe to fly out of the box without any updates? Should I skip the update for now as there seem to be quite a few software issues that still need to be ironed out?

Also, is there any burning things that I should know before I follow the instructions to fly? Thanks much!

PS, I got the duel remote version and one of the remotes is missing the screw for the phone/tablet mount. Is this something that DJI will replace, or should I just find one that will work for it at Home Depot? Thanks!
2015-3-10
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

You should definitely update the software before first flight. and Caliberate the IMU and Compass.
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

Dear David

I have to totally agree to Christensen the only way to see what firmware you have is to look into your setting. Since the inspire have been shipped with a few different versions. The latest is not bad honestly they have all had issues . So i myself would install the latest firmware make sure to update the RC also and calibrate imu/ compass. It doesn't hurt to get yourself onto the simulator even for  a few minutes to play with all of the controlsafter all what could Iit hurt?.  Last but not least make sure to set your home point just in case it doesn't  on take off . And put your prop locks ...  dundee here on the forums has made a great chart to walk you threw the update  if you need it
2015-3-10
Use props
davidthewise
lvl.1

United States

Thanks a lot guys.

Do you guys have a link to Dundee's  chart to walk me through the update? Thanks again.

2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-10
Use props
e350coupe
lvl.2

Canada

David

Are you sure you do not have the latest firmware, mine shipped on the 6th of March and some of the software is higher then what others are listing after they updated theirs.
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
United States

The most recent firmware update is v1.2.0.17  
2015-3-10
Use props
davidthewise
lvl.1

United States

So in the pilot app I looked through the "about" portion and this is what I see:

It appears as though I'm running 1.0.2

Also...This is a silly question, but how the heck do I traverse the camera? I can move the camera up and down using the Gimbal Dial, but thus far, the only way I can actually traverse the gimbal is by touching the app and literally "dragging" the camera around in the app. Is there no way to traverse the camera from the remote controller? FYI, I have the duel remote version.
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
United States

Believe the second remote when hooked up should traverse using stick control but do not quote me on it as I have no experience with it. The single remote version the only way is to point and drag via app
2015-3-11
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Don't get crazy about all you're reading here. Of course there COULD be issues here and there, but be confident with your machine and most important thing: don't rush and do things the right way. And have fun!
2015-3-11
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately I'm out of town currently so i can't confirm if your updates are correct. Maybe someone else will be able to verify for you. I know someone here on the forum took a picture of the current updates as you have done but i could not find it sorry
2015-3-11
Use props
gareth.greener
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366201 ft
United Kingdom

davidthewise: You can setup one of the custom buttons to switch between panning up and down to panning left and right.
2015-3-11
Use props
davidthewise
lvl.1

United States

Thanks a lot guys. After spending an hour or so flying the sim, I took out my I1 last night at about 1:30 AM. I just wanted to lift her off the ground and put her back down. I'm happy that I spent so much time in the flight sim because I felt like it really helped out.

Thanks for all the support and help answering my noob questions.
2015-3-12
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

Just out of curiosity do you mind sharing when you ordered the Inspire if it was directly from DJI and what Country you are located in? I'm just trying to get a potential timeline as to when I can expect mine. Thanks in advance!
2015-3-12
Use props
davidthewise
lvl.1

United States

I did not order my I1 from DJI. I ordered mine from nexgen drones and I had it two business days later.
2015-3-16
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

davidthewise Posted at 2015-3-17 04:17
I did not order my I1 from DJI. I ordered mine from nexgen drones and I had it two business days lat ...

Thank You!
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules