1556 10 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SamDezzy43
New
Flight distance : 113819 ft
Australia

Hello all,

I bring you a upsetting story. My 6 day old cinematography tool is missing in action. I'll try to get the story out of the way quickly. I was doing a car shoot, and was flying above the car. My phone froze, so my eyes were gone. We stopped and got out. We could see it, but only very barely. I tried to get it to come towards us manually but to no avail. It then tried to go home due to battery, but "home" was a long way away, because thats where was had taken off. Now if my phone was connected, I could have changed the home point to where we were now. So I paused it so it wouldnt fly back there. However, I wasn't able to get it to me, and battery got critical, so it flew away, not towards "home" and not towards me. It sounded like, according to the voice on the RC, that it landed (Heard the "landing"), but this was after it had flown away. So it's missing

Heres the kicker. As the phone froze, the GPS information stops way before this happened, so I have no hope I finding it (though I've tried with a huge search party). I'm asking if theres a way to get more information and possibly even a location off the RC. As it was connected up until the landing/death.
To reitrate, drone flew away, but flight record and find my drone doesnt show location because phone had frozen. Really hope I, or a support person can get information from the RC to aid in the recovery of this device. Otherwise I'd hope DJI really helps me out here, because there are a few issues that are unfortunately not my fault.

If i can give anymore information, let me know. Thank you

Sam
2017-5-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sam, we feel so sorry for the accident you have with the drone. Please sync the fight record then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support@dji.com, we’ll create a case for you and then submit a data analysis.
2017-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Sam tough that loosing your drone, although it may or may not help you find your drone putting up your logs may help you find out what happened.
You can upload your flight log here. And come back and post the link here and I'm sure some will give you help in understanding what happened.
2017-5-28
Use props
SamDezzy43
New
Australia

I've emailed. I feel like my flight log is fairly useless because the app froze before all this unfolded, so last know location is still way off. Is there anyway to retrieve information from the RC that could lead to it's location?
2017-5-28
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

I think the RC itself has logs in it that can be extracted.
2017-5-28
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

If you connect to DJI assistant i believe they can be got that way but I could be wrong
2017-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

SamDezzy43 Posted at 2017-5-28 14:38
I've emailed. I feel like my flight log is fairly useless because the app froze before all this unfolded, so last know location is still way off. Is there anyway to retrieve information from the RC that could lead to it's location?

They will be on the app.
2017-5-28
Use props
SamDezzy43
New
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-28 14:54
They will be on the app.

The app froze, so the app's flight log stops at 30 percent, long before the end. Hoping I can extract the RC's DAT file and give it to one of the engineers
2017-5-28
Use props
SamDezzy43
New
Australia

I've been exporting the DAT file's from the RC Black Box on the DJI Assistant 2, however it's been saying exporting forever..... really hope it works
2017-5-28
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Probably you can sweep the area using spiral motion started from where you last seen it or last GPS location. I also lost my drone once and using this method I found it back 200m from the last GPS point. I looked for it alone. You said you have a large searching party so you have better chance. Don't give up.
2017-5-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

SamDezzy43 Posted at 2017-5-28 18:06
The app froze, so the app's flight log stops at 30 percent, long before the end. Hoping I can extract the RC's DAT file and give it to one of the engineers

Even a partial log is better than nothing, which is essentially what we have at this point. As suggested earlier, upload the TXT file from your mobile device here and someone may be able to suggest where to look.

P.S. This is now cross-posted on MavicPilots.

2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules