I2 was falling in the water
894 7 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
isto
lvl.1
Finland

I was record nice river shots and then sensors was reflects altitude wrong? from water surface, it was lifting itself up and hit the trees above it. Motors was stopped and my inspire falling in to river. It was there about 2minutes before i found it. And all others videos are in to Sd-card but not that crash video. Today i was flying it, GPS not working anymore so i cant hoover it and fpv/X5s camera wont work either. All motors are ok and i can fly. Only the best video (crash) are missing.
2017-5-28
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Best to turn off bottom sensors when flying over water.
2017-5-29
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I've had similar issues over water and also think turning the bottom sensors work. They can't tell whats going on due to the water and cause the drone to move up and down.

Sorry to hear about your crash, hope you get it sorted!
2017-5-29
Use props
isto
lvl.1
Finland

Yes thats true, best way is but a bottom sensors off. Well i have now ordered new X5S camera and new inspire2 and parachute system too.
2017-5-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

How to turn off bottom sensor? Does the app still gave the correct AGL reading above water?
2017-5-29
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

DJI's says the bottom sensors will could fail when the aircraft is flying over water and over snow...
2017-5-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If Inspire 's sensor is still providing accurate AGL reading, pilot should still be able to fly above water using AGL reading. Or that presumption is wrong or not reliable either.
2017-5-29
Use props
Nik6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 806096 ft
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-5-29 14:58
If Inspire 's sensor is still providing accurate AGL reading, pilot should still be able to fly above water using AGL reading. Or that presumption is wrong or not reliable either.

Isn't the AGL reading from the point that the aircraft got gps lock? Or home position?
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules