Does Spark controller has an HDMI-out? Are DJI Goggles universal?
8480 11 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Does Spark controller has got an HDMI-out socket? I ask this to know if I would be able to use my Fatshark Dominator HD3 FPV goggles with it. At least until the DJI full HD goggles arrive. I looked at the Manual at the Specs but could not find this information.

One more thing, - I ordered the DJI Spark Combo already, but can I already order the DJI goggles for it? Will these DJI Goggles be compatible with the Spark? I could find only this phrase: "5. Remote controller required; DJI Goggles compatibility coming soon." But what these words mean "DJI Goggles compatibility coming soon"?

2017-5-28
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Soon in business calendar can mean months or years. However, I am not aware that the controller has HDMI output, but the Goggles definitely has it.
2017-5-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think it does but time will tell, with DJI selling so many mavics and so many mavic pilots buying the spark it would have been nice if the mavic controller worked with the spark, unfortunately it does not.
2017-5-29
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-5-29 03:10
I don't think it does but time will tell, with DJI selling so many mavics and so many mavic pilots buying the spark it would have been nice if the mavic controller worked with the spark, unfortunately it does not.

I would also like to know more from DJI about what this means...I probably won't be in the goggle market for a bit, but would like to see this be compatible with the Spark.  
2017-5-31
Use props
Vip1980
New
Netherlands

No HDMI , your cellphone is connecting to the Wifi from the controller, maybe you can connect more devices with hdmi output
2017-5-31
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Goggles connect to the RC via USB
2017-6-1
Use props
eL6uRCU98KkD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI SPARK UNBOXING & HIDDEN FEATURE FOUND to increase range and reliability!
This can increase the range of your drone because the phone wifi won't interfere with the drone

Watch this video for the fly more combo unboxing:   
Watch this video for for the hidden feature of the DJI Spark:
2017-6-17
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Goggles do currently work with the Spark over USB and OTG but more features coming soon...
2017-6-17
Use props
fansc17c3455
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried connecting Goggles to the Spark using the usb cables and all I got was a headache.  
With the Spark connected to the controller via RF, I was connected via the adapted mini usb to usb to the goggles.
I could not get the goggles to see the usb input from the Spark controller...In settings for the goggles, there was no option other than
to pare with the Mavic via RF...
What am I doing wrong...Is there an update to the goggles that I missed?
The Spark is fully up-to-date.
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can split the signal off the phone maybe..  im half curious to see if i can use one of those lightning to HDMI+lightning adapters thingies to use OTG + HDMI out for my iPad mini 2.  maybe someone already has tried it or has an adapter and can tell us..?  i dont know...

on a side note: ios dji app = a lot less laggy video, even on the aging iPad mini 2 retina.. interesting..

second side note ..my spark is now defaulting to 2.4Ghz then switches back to 5.8Ghz after establishing connection to RC..?   or that just the App not properly displaying things?  
2017-8-3
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

I have both the Spark Fly More and the Goggles.
2017-8-3
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

I have both the Spark Fly More and the Goggles.

The goggles do work with the Spark but not all features are supported. When used with Spark, you need to have the RC since the goggles require the OTG cable to connect.
Right now, this is working fine:
  • the video feed is properly sent to the goggles
  • the full avionics information is displayed in real-time
  • the reported gimbal angle position is relevant
  • the information on the video feed format is right
  • the warning messages are properly relayed to the visor

Here are 2 major issues I found:
  • Once you reach the low-battery level (the one previously set with DJI Go 4), you get a pop-up window advising you that return-to-home will be initiated in 10 seconds. You can either "confirm" or "cancel" using two buttons that you select with the touch pad. The problem is that the "cancel" button does nothing, whatever the number of times you select it. You therefore end-up with a forced return-to-home. This flaw cost me a minor crash as the Spark started to ascent to its RTH altitude but was underneath a large tree at this moment. Fortunately no damages.
  • For some reason, once connected to the goggles, the Spark remote buttons controlling the video and picture taking just stop working. Their only use at this point seems to change the resolution at which the video feed is sent - to match the resolution mode used by the camera. It was not able to ever take a picture or start filming with either the remote control or the goggles UI. This could be a firmware issue but as of now, this single issue makes the goggles totally useless.

I guess most of these problems will disappear once the goggles firmware is updated to officially support Spark.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules