Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shut me down
2171 26 2015-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnred.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it is so wrong that if you do not do there unstable updates ,your bird is shut down .Just tried to fly and cannot until I update . So you spend $3k and are told when you can fly . I think Iam going to sell and move to someone else . There is a lot of good product out there .I have had nothing but problems with DJI .I love my V+ but not my I1 . Still have not been able to do a long video 10 seconds max .So done.

2015-3-10
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The updates are not unstable, they make it better which is why they are mandatory to install right now.
2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear.   Makes sense from one point of view - if they find something that makes the Inspire unsafe and correct it in an upgrade, it's good that they automatically ground all to get the update going.

Problem is the latest update seems to be pretty unimportant, and has caused a lot of trouble for many of us bricking our gear...

2015-3-10
Use props
mtnred.gmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-11 08:43
Sorry to hear.   Makes sense from one point of view - if they find something that makes the Inspire  ...

Apart from not being able to do long videos and one GPS indecent she has preformed very well .Just do not like been controlled by Big Brother  .
2015-3-10
Use props
mtnred.gmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-3-11 08:41
The updates are not unstable, they make it better which is why they are mandatory to install right n ...

Why are so many people saying they are having problems ?
2015-3-10
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A small handful of people are claiming to have firmware related problems. We have sold a LOT of Inspires and have not had one customer call us with a problem since the firmware.
2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

mtnred.gmail Posted at 2015-3-11 08:49
Why are so many people saying they are having problems ?

Mine's been rock solid, before and after the update.   With thousands out there of course there will be a few isolated issues but doesn't seem to be anything widespread.
2015-3-10
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

mtnred.gmail Posted at 2015-3-11 08:48
Apart from not being able to do long videos and one GPS indecent she has preformed very well .Just ...

My guess is we can get to the bottom of the video issue.   What SD card to you have?   Many have reported short videos and found that their card wasn't fast enough to sustain long takes.
2015-3-10
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

I'll have to agree with Jim. Mine has also been rock solid. My firmware update took the first time (I followed instructions found on this forum), and have the fastest card I could find (x633). I am not a fan of the big brother thing either, but in this case, I went with it and am really happy with the bird so far. Hope you can find a way to make the bird work for you as there really isn't anything quite this nice out for the price. In my opinion of course.
2015-3-10
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

My copter has had some issues but I think they are growing pains. I feel this platform will really shine once the bugs are worked out. It can only improve.
2015-3-10
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

While I am guess no one likes Big Brother, the ability to ground or prevent flights is a step in right direction as long as it's used to prevent harm to the aircraft or people. it also helps legislators feel more at ease with our hobby, which is thanks to over media exposure is getting a bad name. I think it would be a stretch for DJI to suddenly decide to shutdown your drone without cause....

Food for thought:
No one really complains the GM's On star can shut your car down remotely and lock you in the car... Or that your Samsung voice activated TV is actually always listening to you and that a third party is the one actually hear you.... Not the TV...
2015-3-10
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

In my opinion DJI should have the right and say to require updates to their product. Primarily because, so many are lazy when it comes to updating their equipment. I still need to do updates on my iMac for a couple months now. Of course, I realize the users on this forum are an exception to the rule. But , also consider this, DJI almost certainly knows this bird's got its problems. Knowing this, then they must also know they would and do incur liability for turning said product out to the masses, with full knowledge of the problems. Therefore they do need to CYA.  Or at least, you would think they would. We are talking about an aircraft with, mass and potential for real damage or injury. If I don't update my iMac, so what. If I don't update my I1, shame on me. Lastly, updating may prevent DJI from using the "not using latest FW" excuse/defense when your I1 flies away, goes onto a freeway and takes out a school bus.
2015-3-11
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

There are two kinds of people in this world. Well actually there are many more categories but for the purposes of your concern we will divide it into two.  And you are the guy who thinks you actually own what you buy and deserve to direct its destiny.   You’re an independent thinker.  It was independent western thought that allowed the invention of the technology in the Inspire. It is mass distribution that allows anyone to enjoy it.  Mass distribution depends on smoothing protocols.  That’s where the compulsory updates come in.

With the crucial aspects of life, though, independent thought has always proven to be more valuable than the sniveling capitulation that humans are so good at.  So don’t give it up.

As for updates, no updates are always completely without problems, period.   Anyone who’s used a computer of any kind knows this.  It would be more honest to say that you are part of a broader exploratory process and that capitalism will ensure that, in the end, you will be happier with having updated than you would be otherwise.  For good measure it could be admitted that there will be hiccups and they will be aggravating.  But to say that there are no problems and will be no problems is simply disingenuous.

I had some issues with the new update and they were not enough to impede my flying.  But I see others here who have had issues worse than mine.   It doesn’t matter that a great many people had no issues at all…that is not the point when it comes to your personal experience. Your personal experience matters to you.  This is something that business culture appreciates and ignores at the same time.  

In the final analysis it may be that the Inspire is like that first crush.  The one who got you to wear those ridiculous clothes or get an earring you really didn't want.  We are willing to put up with some discomforts for the thrill of it all.

I enjoy my Inspire and am probably going to buy a second one soon.  That being said, I fully sympathize with your revulsion at the idea of being forced to update before you are ready.   

Dan
2015-3-11
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

RE: ...if you do not do there unstable updates ,your bird is shut down...

Allow me to disagree.
You can't generalize that. Of course everything is possible if some or many conditions are given.
In my case EVERYTHING went absolute without any issues.

Updating process: no issues
GPS locking: no issues
Gimbal/camera functionality: no issues
Flying stability: no issues

But I must admit that I didn't flew the bird immediately after unboxing it!
I read the manual several times even BEFORE I received the bird. I spent all the needed time to familiarize with my new and expensive toy. The result of all that was that once I started the motors and lifted the I1 the first time I had the feeling that I had flown it a dozen of times before. The joy was amazing!

Finally, believe me: Once you are confident with it, YOU WILL LOVE IT!
2015-3-11
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

eaglecook Posted at 2015-3-11 12:41
I'll have to agree with Jim. Mine has also been rock solid. My firmware update took the first time ( ...

That is as succinct as you can get. Well said.  Load that sucker and take your chances this time. But don't go soft and mushy .   And I agree with the others here who have an overall confidence in the Inspire, even if I am looking forward to the compulsory nature being a thing of the past.
2015-3-11
Use props
mtnred.gmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for all your opinions ,it was nice for you all to reply . I was just so mad that I could not fly .I had looked forward to it all day . Got set up and no take off .Then I posted ,maybe I should have waited a few hours .I will update today but still do not like been told when to do it .The last update took me several tries to get it to take .
2015-3-11
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.2
United States

Glad you are forging ahead. As far as the update, I followed the one Dundee posted and it went like clockwork. it's here.

And Prop-lock, I'm glad I'm not the only one who read the manual several times before my bird ever showed up. I thought that was kind of OCD Glad I did it though.
2015-3-11
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

I also hate the fact that I paid $3k+ for a device that can be shut down on me remotely. Which is why I tinkered until I found a way around that $hit. Uninstall your DJI app from your device. Turn the Inspire 1 off. Reinstall DJI Pilot app BUT DO NOT OPEN IT! Disconnect from the internet (Airplane mode). Now launch the pilot app & turn on your Inspire and fly - but leave WIFI/Internet off.

All set.
2015-3-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

You'll have no trouble selling it ! .....  the firmware upgrades are fine  and if you can find a better backed product and that's  responsable to Its customer base as far as getting it right , adding features etc . Dji gets my vote , I've seen plenty of other birds that do not measure up design wise or manufacture backing and reputation sucks or just flat doesn't exist period . DJI's products are pretty excellent in my experience after three Plus years of thier products ... And I've been around rc aircraft for almost 40 years .
Do the inspires firmware Upgrade and go fly , film , fpv or whatever , dji isn't going to stuff everyone's bird on some screwed up  firmware , never seen it yet !
2015-3-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-11 10:39
Mine's been rock solid, before and after the update.   With thousands out there of course there wi ...

User error is usually to Blame . Three years with dji , three birds p1, p2 custom , and the inspire ,
Not one problem with firmware ever ! All birds still in perfect condition flying in almost every situation .
2015-3-11
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Don't want DJI to be able to shut down your drone? Simple, turn off wifi to your tablet. When the tablet sees that there is an update it is what tells the hardware to disable. After the bullshit I've experienced with the updates on my inspire and now a bricked controller in preventing my other Inspire1 from updating and it is flying at the same status as it was before and not a worthless brick!
2015-3-11
Use props
mtnred.gmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

eaglecook Posted at 2015-3-12 00:07
Glad you are forging ahead. As far as the update, I followed the one Dundee posted and it went like  ...

Thanks for that .
2015-3-11
Use props
mtnred.gmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-3-11 08:41
The updates are not unstable, they make it better which is why they are mandatory to install right n ...

I get what your are saying ,kind of . We should not have had to do all these updates if everything was okay .They should not have released the I1 if it was not safe to fly in the first place .I had a good friend flying with his Xmas present and the prop flew off .It crashed and was wrecked and could of hurt someone .Is that his fault no ,that is why we were given prop locks later.I could go on but the bird is hit or miss and they did not work out all the bugs, but still released it .Where is the public safety in that Serrano .  Do I think it will be amazing down the road,yes .My lovely V2+ never a problem with over 100+ flights ,except that oak tree .Well I was learning then!!!!
2015-3-11
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Okay...Heres a thought ....How many Inpire 1s are bricked right at this moment???...The Answer...How many people are waiting for props right now? There appear to be  none available anywhere in the world.  There appears to be a huge demand for props...Even the knock offs appear to be unavailable...Conspiracy Theory or is this telling us something??? You dont have to have a software update to brick your I1....Just try and find a set of props...Just for the record I love my I1 and think that DJI is having some unforseen problem....Hopefully all of the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) will be mostly history in a few months...
2015-3-11
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

I am having nothing but fun with my inspire!
2015-3-11
Use props
roberto
lvl.1

Brazil

Thanks to this update i have now the most expensive paper weight in the world.
2015-3-12
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

We have TONS of props in stock. The original props are not being made or shipped anymore so you need the new E800 Quick Release Adapters and the 1345S Quick Release Props, but we literally have HUNDREDS of sets in stock.

http://multicopterwarehouse.com
We only ship within the US
2015-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules