Goggles are going back and here is why...
14060 56 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf95dd0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573366 ft
Hong Kong

Fully agee! You can try an app that can do FPV with ordinary google:
2017-6-22
Use props
fansf95dd0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573366 ft
Hong Kong

http://apk-dl.com/litchi-for-dji-phantominspire/
2017-6-22
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

13MStang Posted at 2017-5-29 10:08
i am not trying to dissuade anyone.  I am merely stating why "I" am returning.  I am not blaming anyone or anything,   #3 and #4 are personal decision, yes.  But its not due to improper planning.   Many folks buy things and then decide to return them for whatever reason.  Maybe if #1 wasn't an issue, I may have decided to keep them even if I would seldom use.   but with #1, seldom becomes almost never.

I appreciate your advises, that is forum all about. telling, informing our experience so others wont make the same mistakes. espescially when buying things. only by hearing will give us more infor about the items. its saves the hard earned money. Thank you for helping all those that deciding to buy soon. hate to have losses buy spending money.
2017-7-28
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Its will weaken our eye sight soon as well. it also scary to play with eyes closes when someone may come and rob our bags while we playing alone. ha ha ha
2017-7-28
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Morgon Posted at 2017-5-29 07:05
#1 I get - even though I can see the screen just fine without my glasses (and actually, it's better when I don't), it's easy to understand that other people have different vision. DJI absolutely should have known this and incorporated into the design.

However, your #3 and #4 is something you could have easily known before making the purchase. There's nothing DJI (or any other company) can do about either of those, and that's a personal decision you could have determined quite easily with some critical thinking. You're trying to dissuade others from buying it based on your lack of planning, which is unfair.

We should thanks him for giving us some clues. so, those that are poor wont buy and regret later. this is what we call helping and what we call forum. Only forum can help us to save money or get rid of unwanted troubles in life. thanks to our friends that i nearly bought the goggle but i decided not to for now. thanks.
2017-7-28
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-14 04:23
Couple of things here...

As to having a spotter, why?  Does everyone fly their mavic in full view all of the time?  If not, what does that second set of hands do to help?  Everything I need to see is already in the goggles.  Besides, if I want to look at a less useful screen, I can flip up the goggles and look at my tablet or cell phone.  

Aloha Rodger,
I'm afraid everything you need to see can't be seen while wearing goggles.   Situational awareness is critical and you need to be fully aware of what environment you are flying in beyond what the front facing camera can show.  That is why a spotter is critical when using goggles.  If you always THINK Safety first, you'll needn't think of excuses later.
2017-7-29
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1fbdf68a Posted at 2017-5-31 19:42
My goggles have just arrived and the same problem, I can't see anything because I wear progressive lens glasses. I wish I'd read this before purchasing

You will not be able to use your progressive lens prescription eyeglasses when using the Goggles. But the solution is simple, go to Walgreens and get a pair of cheap single-prescription "readers" that are about 0.75 diopter stronger than your normal reading glasses prescription. The increased strength is needed because your normal "reading" eyeglass prescription works for reading material that is typically 12-20 inches from your eyes. The Goggles screen is approx. the apparent equivalent of 3-4 inches from your eyes. My normal reader prescription is 1.75, but to see the Goggles LCD screens clearly, 2.5 readers work best for me. If you have greatly different reading eyeglass prescription for each eye, you will need to buy two pairs of readers with different prescriptions and swap out the lenses to make a custom set of "cheap" readers to use with your Goggles. Even some folks that currently don't need readers for normal reading will need readers to clearly see the Goggles LCD screens.  

To see if you will need readers hold a magazine with small print 4 inches distance from your eyes. If the text is fuzzy - you will need readers. Yes - it's a pain, but it's a relatively cheap solution. Maybe DJI will add an "electronic" focus adjustment in a future firmware update for the Goggles for most of us "older" folk and even some younger folks that can not focus on objects 4 inches in front of our faces. It seems like such a thing should be possible.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans9dfc0d9a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Apparently these are the go
2017-8-3
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-31 20:02
Where do we sign up for a full week of using new goggles and send them back with lame excuses?
Id love to try these for a week.

Amazon.
Really, Amazon.
2017-9-29
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

Wanna know a fun fact? I'm one of the "blind" folks with -3,75/-2,75 and not all of my new Goggles RE screen is sharp, especially the corners. Best for me is the widest position of the lenses so the font doesn't get blurry. BUT: I can also use the Goggles WITHOUT my glasses!

So somehow I'm able to focus on a different plane. All I can say is that I can see a useable sharp picture either with or without my glasses. And that is damn impressing!

DJI-Goggles-RE_-01262.jpg DJI-Goggles-RE_-01271.jpg ScreenCapture_23.jpg
2017-12-24
Use props
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 764869 ft
  • >>>
United States

All easily solved except 3, you need a friend . 1) Focus Fixters for Diopter https://www.focus-fixers.com and a simple purchase of anti-fog wipes last several days.
2017-12-28
Use props
fans0f9f25fa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43 ft
Australia

The focus issue is a problem. The lenses are fixed with a focal length of 10 cm. which means your eyes have to focus on a distance of less than 12 inches!
2018-1-15
Use props
fans0f9f25fa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43 ft
Australia

The lenses in the DJI Goggles have a 10 cm focal length. This gives a power of 10 diopters which means you have to focus at less than 30 cm (12 inches). For the virtual screen to be more than 1 meter away, the lens power needs to be at least 12.5 diopters. That is an increase of 2.5 diopters!  This is a design fault in the Goggles which DJI does not want you to know about.  This is why so many users are having to buy readers or purchase correction lenses from DJI at an additional cost in order to see the goggles screen properly.  Most people need to be viewing a screen at a distance of greater than 12 inches!
2018-1-15
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The lack of diopter adjustment isn't a design failure by DJI.  I have FatShark HD3 goggles and had to buy diopter-correcting optical inserts to be able to view the screen.  I have the Moverio BT-300FPV (drone edition) glasses, and I had to drop another $200 to buy prescription inserts to be able to see.  This is pretty common with all these goggle manufacturers.  Unfortunately Focus Fixers has stopped selling (for now) their diopter inserts for the DJI Goggles.
2018-1-15
Use props
partytyme
lvl.1
United States

YES I HAD TO GO BUY 3.0 READING GLASSES TO USE MINE I LOVE THEM BUT NOW I HAVE TWO PAIR OF GLASSES TO  DRAG WITH ME  THE GRAND KIDS LOVE WEARING THEM WHILE I FLY
2018-8-7
Use props
ruggbg
lvl.2
United States

I did some more searching and guess what I found............someone has posted the print files on Thingiverse to make focus fixers. I am printing them now. I need to determine what diopter I need to focus at 9" and get a pair of reading glasses big enough to cut to fit. I was just using a pair of 2.75 reading glasses but upon someones post tried using them in conjunction with my glasses and it is almost perfect.  My wife tried them with her cataract replaced lenses and found them to be near perfect also. I am thinking it is almost universal for us old folks that 3.0 is probably just right. But now I know what I am looking for - focus at 9". OR you can buy FOCUSFIXERS for $48.00
2018-12-2
Use props
Aylok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19436 ft
Australia

Just bought the DJI Goggles and have begun charging them. I have a fat head and find they do not fit well at all, too tight front and back while very loose on the sides. The plastic top section that stops them from falling down your forehead broke off immediately as they are fixed with screws through the thinnest of plastic holes. Even with my fat head there is light entering from all sides of the light shades creating a reflection that can’t be good for visuals! All in all very disappointing so far and I haven’t even turned them on yet. Will update this once I turn them on, but they certainly don’t fit my head shape and fit and feel as clumsy as they look. Such a shame that with all theis technology DJI still failed to design the head band and light shades to fit comfortably, or to be easily adjusted. Why would a solid circular band fit all head shapes?
2019-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules