POLL: Want the OPTION to AUTO record video between takeoff & land...
9482 93 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Personally, I rarely use any of the AUTO features. I don't think I've ever used auto take off or auto return to home. I personally would never use an auto-record feature. But if others want it I have no issue toggling it off.
2018-1-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

hell yes!!!!!!!!!
2018-4-10
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Litchi you can do this.
2018-4-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I'm in favor of that option, good idea.
2018-4-25
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

laceyboy Posted at 2017-5-29 07:03
I believe people are more lazy because of tech.
Just like cars now, please break if I don't.

I'll go with you on that!!!  people don't even want to use a remote control anymore!!!  i'm too tired to reach for the remote, so i'm just gonna talk to my tv and tell it what i want to watch!!!
2018-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-25 06:41
I'm in favor of that option, good idea.

As sparkbird says you can do it in Litchi , one thing I have noticed , if you take off with Litchi with this option, you get a lot of unusual useless footage , especially if you preform preflight check, so it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, yes you can turn off and on but more times than not you will just as easy forget to turn off. So it’s six of one and half a dozen of another.
And I do agree it makes you lazy , think I’m going to record, I need to press a button , it makes life a lot more simple.
2018-7-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-1 08:33
As sparkbird says you can do it in Litchi , one thing I have noticed , if you take off with Litchi with this option, you get a lot of unusual useless footage , especially if you preform preflight check, so it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, yes you can turn off and on but more times than not you will just as easy forget to turn off. So it’s six of one and half a dozen of another.
And I do agree it makes you lazy , think I’m going to record, I need to press a button , it makes life a lot more simple.

Thanks hallmark007 for your comment, I wasn't aware of Litchi now I will have to check it out.
2018-7-1
Use props
dronebj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706965 ft

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-5-29 06:41
Auto record is not as crucial as auto takeoff or auto rth. Despite focusing effort on introducing a new option that can be done using a single press of a button, they should put more effort on fixing bugs and improving app stability.

That's exactly what I think!
2018-7-14
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

not sure why this is still up..

as an option to enable/disable in the menu i want the option.  can come in an app update with it defaulted to disabled so wont auto record since a large number of people dont want it for various reason, but for people that do, it should be there..  
2018-9-7
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft

Hate to admit it, but I have forgotten to hit the record button. I think it would be nice to have a feature that could be enabled to auto start recording. If you don't want to use it, then don't.
2019-10-2
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-29 08:48
How about Dji adding the function and if you don't want to use then don't #king select it . Why do people feel the need to argue about every little thing that doesn't interest them ?

Exactly.  Seems to me that some will look for any excuse to argue.
2019-10-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

no modern camera is a real camera without an auto start feature.  once upon a time maybe...but today it's a must.  imagine having a car camera that you had to press the button every time you turned the key on and off.  a true modern car camera will auto start and auto stop.  that's because of the nature for which it is used where total storage is not a primary factor especially when you implement auto overwrite which the unwashed used to be total against as well.  if you use your drone for similar activity, let say you fly off and monitor the fence line 10 times a day or you record rush hour traffic, you need this.  not for everyone.  microsd cards are not ancient and space is no longer an excuse.

as if there aren't a ton of options on our drone; adding one more isn't clutter. lol
2019-10-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

better yet, since i never use the internal memory on my drone (always record to microsd card), would love the option to have always-on video recording to internal memory as long as the battery is attached or drone is power up.  rolling video would mean the last hour of flight (or whatever) is always recorded to the internal memory regardless of what you do during flight.  that way if you crash or something happens and you weren't recording at the time....the drone was recording for you; it will be there.
2019-10-24
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 2019-10-24 11:00
better yet, since i never use the internal memory on my drone (always record to microsd card), would love the option to have always-on video recording to internal memory as long as the battery is attached or drone is power up.  rolling video would mean the last hour of flight (or whatever) is always recorded to the internal memory regardless of what you do during flight.  that way if you crash or something happens and you weren't recording at the time....the drone was recording for you; it will be there.

+1 Great idea! Dashcams have this feature and would love to see MA2 or other drones w/built-in memory do the last 20-30 min of take-off and landing with oldest vids getting rewritten over.  DJI mods...feature request pls!
2021-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules