Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave in WI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 407415 ft
United States

Good Morning All,

P4P - Go 4 question.

Is it possible to fly a saved waypoint mission, and also save the drone compass heading, camera orientation, and snap pictures at the given waypoints?

What i'd like to do is take a picture from the same position(s) every day to record progress on a construction project.  Then later i could take the individual pictures and
splice them into a clip.  Basically a Time Lapse, but over the course of a year, instead of a few minutes.

Tested it yesterday, and it flys the waypoints fine.  I can record video, but would rather it snap the photo's instead.
Searched YouTube, and the tutorials, but havent really found this explained anywhere.
I know GSPro does this, but i'm currently on Android, and hoping to not buy a new tablet just to do this.

Any help, or suggestions on tutorials would be great.

Thanks much,

D
2017-5-29
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Have you looked at the DJI G S Pro app?
2017-5-29
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

I have the p3p and just working on the waypoints in the dji go app on an iPad air 2, I also have litchi on android. Of the 2 I prefer litchi for way point missions, its so easy to set up,save and use from file and is packed with the features you are wanting,and can be set up from the comfort of home. I have not really had a concerted attempt with the go waypoint feature as its on the iPad, and I use this for the other features (follow me etc). Its worth a look, and cheaper than a new tablet, just make sure the programmes don't conflict. Hope this helps.
2017-5-29
Use props
Dave in WI
Second Officer
United States

Johnnyrebel Posted at 2017-5-29 09:02
I have the p3p and just working on the waypoints in the dji go app on an iPad air 2, I also have litchi on android. Of the 2 I prefer litchi for way point missions, its so easy to set up,save and use from file and is packed with the features you are wanting,and can be set up from the comfort of home. I have not really had a concerted attempt with the go waypoint feature as its on the iPad, and I use this for the other features (follow me etc). Its worth a look, and cheaper than a new tablet, just make sure the programmes don't conflict. Hope this helps.

Ok, cool.  I've been thinking about Litchi, but I haven't really explored Go4 fully, so figured i'd start there.
I may just give it a try.

Thanks,

D
2017-5-29
Use props
fansda175d3b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31798 ft
United States

Go with Litchi. You can save and edit each way point while seeing it positioned on a map. DJI only has an option to save your current position as a waypoint. It's up to you to make notes about that. They cannot be edited, seen on a map (unless you enter the lat/lon into Google earth), or fly a path. set up 10 way points and your drone will stop at each one until you push the forward stick. Orientation is retained but I don't remember if the camera angle is included. Shoot a bit wide as GPS accuracy changes with the satellite's position and geometry by the hour. Then either thru motion tracking or stabilization plugins the motion will seem solid.  Litchi does not crash with Android 6.0 as Go4 still does.
2017-5-29
Use props
Dave in WI
Second Officer
United States

Cool, thanks for the input.  I think i'll give Litchi a try.
I appreciate the feedback.

D
2017-5-29
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Dave in WI:

Litchi all the way, for Android. So many features and options, far more than Go 4.

I, like you, was aware of Litchi, but wanted to work with the default app's waypoints function, and then kept wanting it to do that which it could not do.

So I tried Litchi and was rewarded. You can replay saved missions, create and tweak them on your dining room table laptop, sync them in all your control devices (tablets, phones). You can program it to track different Points Of Interest, taking pics or video at specific waypoints, etc., etc., etc.

The other smart flying features are quite capable as well.

If I used i-devices, I'd surely like to try GSPro. And for DJI, the i's certainly have it. I just prefer Android.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus

2017-5-29
Use props
Dave in WI
Second Officer
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-5-29 18:42
Dave in WI:

Litchi all the way, for Android. So many features and options, far more than Go 4.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like Litchi will do just what I'm looking for.  I, like you, prefer android.
If GSPro was out for android i'd be using that I'm sure (even if it was an app I needed to pay for).

I've watched some videos on LItchi and the interface / setup seems really similar to Go4, so shouldn't be too much of a learning curve.

Thanks for the advice.

D
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules