Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Guadalupe Island
1558 7 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SharkDiving2017
lvl.2
United States

Going Shark diving in Sept. to Gaudalupe Island in Mexico. Thinking of getting the Spark, but before I do that I have this question. There is no WiFi at all. Cell phones do not work. The only way to communicate is via Satellite phone.

How do I control the drone if I don't have WiFi? From the spec page "Spark's remote controller features a brand new Wi-Fi signal transmission system"

Am I reading this incorrectly? Am I getting phone WiFi and the remote control WiFi mixed up?

Thanks,

Ron
2017-5-29
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

The Spark will create a WiFi network that you connect to with your phone (or controller).  No need for external WiFi or cellular.
2017-5-29
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Similar to the mavic you run the drone with your phone,  in airplane mode and no WIFI.
2017-5-29
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Ive been down there and loved it. took my Avatar pic there. Id bring the remote controller for sure for added signal and distance. also call ahead with the dive company and clear that they will let you use it.  being able to hand launch and catch will be great, lots of metal on those boats so gotta be careful with the compass
2017-5-30
Use props
SharkDiving2017
lvl.2
United States

SpicyLobster Posted at 2017-5-30 00:53
Ive been down there and loved it. took my Avatar pic there. Id bring the remote controller for sure for added signal and distance. also call ahead with the dive company and clear that they will let you use it.  being able to hand launch and catch will be great, lots of metal on those boats so gotta be careful with the compass

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!!
2017-5-30
Use props
SharkDiving2017
lvl.2
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-29 20:02
Similar to the mavic you run the drone with your phone,  in airplane mode and no WIFI.

Thank you!!
2017-5-30
Use props
SharkDiving2017
lvl.2
United States

BlueSkies99 Posted at 2017-5-29 09:22
The Spark will create a WiFi network that you connect to with your phone (or controller).  No need for external WiFi or cellular.

Thank you!!
2017-5-30
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure. let us know what you think when you get it!
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules