iPad for second controller.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Searched around briefly but couldn't find a thread.
I use an iPad Pro on my I2 controller, and want to purchase a second iPad to go with my second controller for camera operations. I would prefer not to incure the expense of another iPad Pro. Anyone know which older iPad will suffice?

Thank you in advance!

-Chris

2017-5-29
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

I think most people would say that the iPad Mini 4 works great with all DJI drones.
2017-5-29
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

Levurmion Posted at 2017-5-29 08:33
I think most people would say that the iPad Mini 4 works great with all DJI drones.

Thanks Levurmion. I should have specified 9.7" as I already have a second Hoodman.

Doesn't need cellular I believe, probably an Air2 ?

Anyone?
2017-5-29
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

My Air 2 + Cellular is beginning to break up video with GO 4 past 4.0.2 for some reason.  GO seem to be taxing these things more with each version.  I'd guess it breaks up maybe 1% of the time and usually with some screen press like the shutter button or camera selection.  I don't know if the new iPad out is any faster than the Air 2.  Personally, I'll wait until the Pro 2 comes out in the Fall and see how it performs as the Air 2 might be worse by then if they keep messing with GO 4.

Fwiw, none of my Androids now work with GO 4.  Both are Samsungs and the 10.1 tablet is maybe too old with OS 4, and the S6 is not connecting at all for some reason.  The S6 is having some issues with Samsung server this AM with something called Link which refuses to update.  Then it tries to report to the Samsung server and that doesn't work either.  Samsung seems to really mess up Android with their background running stuff as the battery is half dead overnight now.  GO 4 even tries to start itself on the tablet without me wanting it, pops up some warning "GO cannot establish an internet connection" or something like that.

2017-5-29
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-5-29 09:30
My Air 2 + Cellular is beginning to break up video with GO 4 past 4.0.2 for some reason.  GO seem to be taxing these things more with each version.  I'd guess it breaks up maybe 1% of the time and usually with some screen press like the shutter button or camera selection.  I don't know if the new iPad out is any faster than the Air 2.  Personally, I'll wait until the Pro 2 comes out in the Fall and see how it performs as the Air 2 might be worse by then if they keep messing with GO 4.

Fwiw, none of my Androids now work with GO 4.  Both are Samsungs and the 10.1 tablet is maybe too old with OS 4, and the S6 is not connecting at all for some reason.  The S6 is having some issues with Samsung server this AM with something called Link which refuses to update.  Then it tries to report to the Samsung server and that doesn't work either.  Samsung seems to really mess up Android with their background running stuff as the battery is half dead overnight now.  GO 4 even tries to start itself on the tablet without me wanting it, pops up some warning "GO cannot establish an internet connection" or something like that.

Good point, I was thinking about that as I was ready to purchase a used  Air2... How much longer will that processor be able to keep up with the GO4 app?
2017-5-29
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

There are several factors for this , You have an I pad Pro like I do and you have no problems. At this time , the I pad pro is the best one out there for our needs.  I do see where you are coming from as the I pad pro being top of the Line is expensive .

I would say the bare minimum for trouble free use is an I pad air, try to get it with at least 128 gig as well.  some members get by using the I pad minis, the 4 is usually the minimum you can get before trouble starts , but this also depends on the amount of usable gigs available .  Also some transmitters have a bit more power than others ( touchy subject  and many opinions on this ) . If I were you I would just go with the most the budget will allow  and be sure to test it out thoroughly within the return time frame, Best Buy has a pretty generous return program, that is where I buy all my I pads and DJI aircraft .

I have heard that the bare minimum processor is the A8 or A9.  This came from one of the DJI reps .  Like I say , some of the other models of I pads may work well for others but if they are pushed  they seem to fail.  Also I am sure in the future the processing requirements for the GO APP are only going to get  more power hungry , so get as much as you can and still be able to pay the mortgage is I guess my best advice .

Let us know how it works out for you

donnie

2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules