Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does the Inspire 1 have landing protection?
1070 6 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Levurmion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

With the newer drones such as the Mavic and Phantom 4 series, the downwards facing optical sensors enable the drones to have landing protection systems. I am aware that the Inspire's sensor is inferior compared to those on the Mavic and Phantom 4 series. However, does this mean that it cannot identify the terrain a few meters below it? Does this also mean that it cannot prevent itself from hitting the ground if the user throttles it down in P-mode?
2017-5-29
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

It means if you fly it into the ground, you are going to crash. If you need a bunch of sensors to fly, maybe you should try bumper cars.
2017-5-29
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Indonesia

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-5-29 16:08
It means if you fly it into the ground, you are going to crash. If you need a bunch of sensors to fly, maybe you should try bumper cars.

I don't think you have read my question well enough.
2017-5-29
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

The I1 does have an ultrasonic distance sensor to measure height above ground and display its reading in the DJO Go App, just like P4 and Mavic.  When you try to fly below 0.5m above ground, there is a "resistance". You have to really hold against its tendency to increase height. And when you put height stick in neutral, it will slowly raise to a safe height of 1m or so. I think that is exactly what you are looking for, isn't it?
If the bird is not moving and you reduce the height, it assumes you want to land.
Btw, the downward facing optical(!) sensors as you asked are the Visual Positioning System. These are good for landing, hovering and in-door flying but produce no height information. They try to see if you are floating over ground and compensate that, holding the bird at the exact same position, more precise than GPS can (if there is GPS indoors).

Hitting the ground usually happens when you fly an uneven terrain at higher speeds. Then you might fly into a bump or an obstacle. As the ultrasonic sensor points directly downwards in relationship to the drone, this does not prevent that from happening. For that you need the forward optical sensors.
2017-5-29
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Indonesia

WernerD Posted at 2017-5-29 20:54
The I1 does have an ultrasonic distance sensor to measure height above ground and display its reading in the DJO Go App, just like P4 and Mavic.  When you try to fly below 0.5m above ground, there is a "resistance". You have to really hold against its tendency to increase height. And when you put height stick in neutral, it will slowly raise to a safe height of 1m or so. I think that is exactly what you are looking for, isn't it?
If the bird is not moving and you reduce the height, it assumes you want to land.
Btw, the downward facing optical(!) sensors as you asked are the Visual Positioning System. These are good for landing, hovering and in-door flying but produce no height information. They try to see if you are floating over ground and compensate that, holding the bird at the exact same position, more precise than GPS can (if there is GPS indoors).

Ah yes. Thank you that was what I was looking for. ;) Cheers m8
2017-5-29
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-5-29 16:08

I know you were just kidding around but I have a bill for you for my dry cleaning, when I read your post I literally Laughed out load and the coffee I was drinking came out my nose on to my dress shirt LOL.

Thanks for  the chortle and the dry cleaning bill I will take care of ..... it was worth it .

donnie
2017-5-30
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

Yes it was scarcasm, I cannot help it. I find the Inspire 1 very simple to fly, and often wonder how so many people crash them. I guess I shouldn't wonder, as I have seen videos of people doing some very stupid things. Dji did do a great job making these quads very stable.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules